Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASM 3 Preview

Really enjoyed this date night preview and nice to see Pete amd MJ together and socializing with others.

Peter's life is feeling very relatable here! Though, Im sure madness will ensue shortly after.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 08-03-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I dont think i want to see Michelle she was so unlikiable, not on the same level as Sajani but barely. plus her brother is a Osborn flunky. Also arent fans sick of Carlie after the way she been shoved in fans faces.
    Michelle at least had an insanity to her personality, plus she had moments of humility and likability that Sajani never had. Although it is easier to do that with the "******* roommate" character compared to the "******* co-worker" character.
    And Vin being apart of the "Goblin clan" went absolutely nowhere, considering we find that out in the final BND issue and then he never reappears again.

I think Carlie coming back does have alot of potential, given everything that happened to her in Superior, we could see how she's recovered in the year or so its been, and not to mention she still knows Peter's secret, so that's something I could see them bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Assault on Pleasant Hill. (Which was a Captain America crossover spearheaded by Nick Spencer. I count it as part of his Cap run.)

Ugh, Secret Empire.

Spencer has been great these first couple of issues, I think this kind of street level hero with humor sprinkled in is more his speed.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/preview-amazing-spider-man-3/
    Norah Winters is back. I wonder if Spencer is going to bring back Carlie Cooper and Michelle Gonzales back as well.
    Huh. I'm actually happier to see Norah than I thought I'd be. As for Carlie and Michelle, wait and see I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think Carlie coming back does have alot of potential, given everything that happened to her in Superior, we could see how she's recovered in the year or so its been, and not to mention she still knows Peter's secret, so that's something I could see them bring up.
    I want to see Carlie's reaction to Peter and MJ being together again, especially after how she was so supportful of MJ's behaviour towards Peter in Superior#31, it'd be ideal to see the look on her face as she realises Peter and MJ survived even her petty judgements.

Then she can die for all I care.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-03-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I want to see Carlie's reaction to Peter and MJ being together again, especially after how she was so supportful of MJ's behaviour towards Peter in Superior#31, it'd be ideal to see the look on her face as she realises Peter and MJ survived even her petty judgements.

LOL, this post so needs a Bane gif saying "then you have my permissiin to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Considering Spencer's writing in comparison to Slott, I wouldn't be surprised if they completely ignore that conversation

Although if she does show up they'd definitely do something with that "ex-girlfriend who also knows his identity" angle. Maybe she'd come back trying to be remorseful, who knows? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Michelle at least had an insanity to her personality, plus she had moments of humility and likability that Sajani never had. Although it is easier to do that with the "******* roommate" character compared to the "******* co-worker" character.
    There's entertaining insanity (like, say, Harley Quinn) and then there's unlikable insanity.

I think Michelle leaned more consistently to the latter then the former.
    I think the best role Carlie could serve moving forward is in a "friend on the force" role to Spidey, especially since all the other options are either dead (DeWolff), forgotten (Lamont), or turned criminal (Yuri).

BANNED

Next week isn't just the release date of Amazing Spider-Man#3, it also comes out on Ryan Ottley's birthday

https://twitter.com/RyanOttley/statu...F%3Fpage%3D726

I love the dialogue and Spencer's whole approach so far.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I love the dialogue and Spencer's whole approach so far.
    Based on the first two issues and the preview I have to agree with you. It's going well so far IMO.

BANNED

Marvel will pay tribute to Steve Ditko with a special set of pages included in the Marvel books out this week which will reprint his work, including the famous Spider-Man scene from ASM#33

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...itko-tributes/

Amazing Member

Enjoying Spencer's run this far but no Carlie please.