Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'd strongly support Billy and his lynx and baby Groot and Rocket.

And if we're talking movies, since Joker is getting a Scorsese movie, I would like say... Luthor directed by either Pauls, Schrader or Verhoeven. Brainiac could be Miike or Sukamoto, especially if we went with the Milton Fine saga/Brainiac Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Oddly enough I don’t think any of Supes Rogues have actually killed someone lately. I guess Lex over in JL? I agree that you have to be careful with the death counts, less you suffer the “Batman Effect” of making the hero look incompetent. However I think someone like Metallo needs to shake off the jobbing aura he’s acquired and actually show how dangerous he is. Killing soldiers to get to San Lane would help show how dangerous an opponent Corbin is.
    Killing nameless background characters counts. In the New Krypton arc, hundreds or thousands of Kryptonians died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Brainiac isn't really good or evil exactly, as he's disinterested in biological lifeforms except as science experiments. His main goal is acquiring information and he doesn't care about the niceties. Although, I suppose, he might stop short of killing a thing if it was going to contaminate the sample and make it useless for further study.
    I see Brainiac as Lawful-Evil, but one who follows only his own law. He doesn't care about anyone else, and doesn't care how many people he kills, or how much stuff he destroys. All he cares about is his own personal ambitions. He's the sort of villain I'd go Punisher on(IE "you don't deserve to be allowed to live scumbag").

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Killing nameless background characters counts. In the New Krypton arc, hundreds or thousands of Kryptonians died.I see Brainiac as Lawful-Evil, but one who follows only his own law. He doesn't care about anyone else, and doesn't care how many people he kills, or how much stuff he destroys. All he cares about is his own personal ambitions. He's the sort of villain I'd go Punisher on(IE "you don't deserve to be allowed to live scumbag").
    Johns Last Son of Krypton and the New Krypton arc did do a good job of showing how dangerous Superman's rogues can be against foes without plot armor. Unfortunately I don't think either of those are canon anymore, so I'd like someone to show off how dangerous Metallo could be again. It's been a long time since he got some focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Which stories gave you those impressions of Blaze and Satanus?
    I've been reading a couple issues of Stern's run. Are there are stories with those two you recommend? Before this I only knew them from Emperor Joker, so I'm just starting to get into them.
    Last edited by RepHope; 08-08-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Starlord is definitely a cousin to Terra Man, I think Lobo is as well with a biker sensibility replacing the cowboy aesthetic. I don't mean to go all Vertigo with Terra Man, I think he, like the Prankster, Toyman, Mxyzptlk, and Bizarro add to the Wizard of OZ like quality of the Superman universe. There is a ton of whimsical elements that add to the setting and character. I liked Vynkdktvyx as an element in Morrison's run. I really just like the scale of story telling and the way Morrison's story folds in upon itself as elements tie to one another. I see Lobo, Terra Man, and Nimrod as Mongul's team for the Superman Revenge Squad. Toyman, the golden age curly haired guy, the marionette from the 70's, and the creepy Bob's Big Boy come to life all work.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I would make Terra Man's Pegasus a Groot or Rocket substitute.

I've been reading a couple issues of Stern's run. Are there are stories with those two you recommend? Before this I only knew them from Emperor Joker, so I'm just starting to get into them.
    I think Soul Search was the best, Blaze also had a cool spot early in Power of Shazam and then Satanus came back around the time Lex was running for office. They were both background characters for a bit before becoming supervillains, so they add to the background of Metropolis well.

I like that for as often as people suppose magic is an actual weakness of Superman, being able to go against their powers proves otherwise.

I think Soul Search was the best, Blaze also had a cool spot early in Power of Shazam and then Satanus came back around the time Lex was running for office. They were both background characters for a bit before becoming supervillains, so they add to the background of Metropolis well.

I like that for as often as people suppose magic is an actual weakness of Superman, being able to go against their powers proves otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

I'll check those out. I think they would work well as enemies of Shazam.

People misunderstand Supes magic weakness, they think magic is like Kryptonite. Magic doesn't automatically strip him of his powers and it's not toxic, Supes just has zero protection against it. If I had a sword that turned anything it touched purple, hitting Supes with it would turn him purple but it wouldn't cut him because otherwise it's just a normal sword. If I had a sword that was enchanted to cut anything it would slice him because he has no protection against it. It's amazing that people have such a hard time grasping that.