Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    I can see them feeling that Doom does belong here if they want to set him up to be a primary antagonist for the team again moving forward.
    I am sure they would, and the issue is probably more to do with who is on art for which story. Pichelli is the primary artist on this book and would probably expect to draw the important scenes with the F4. Indeed Marvel would probably insist upon it. So the backup is necessarily not about adding to the main narrative.

In a perfect world Marvel wouldn’t have tried to maximise their money with a backup story and extra pages, but we live in a world where that extra money can’t be ignored and so we end up as fans paying for a story that could have been told in interstitial scenes over a few weeks in a normal length, normal price book.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-19-2018 at 11:29 AM.

iMan 42s

Well I would feel better about this but..,

Solicits say otherwise.
    Because #2 introduces the new female villain and #3 caps that off. Then from #4 we get the (BPLIK) Fantastix. Seeing as trades generally run about 6 issues then we can assume that runs until about issue 6. But if Doom is busy with freeing Latveria then what is he doing with the Fantastix? We know they've been holed up in the Baxter building but no technology from the FF or even Spider-man and the Avengers should still be there. So if it's not confronting Doom, then this is likely kept local. That is unless Dan forgot it got cleared out again.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Well I would feel better about this but..,

Solicits say otherwise.
    Because #2 introduces the new female villain and #3 caps that off. Then from #4 we get the (BPLIK) Fantastix. Seeing as trades generally run about 6 issues then we can assume that runs until about issue 6. But if Doom is busy with freeing Latveria then what is he doing with the Fantastix? We know they've been holed up in the Baxter building but no technology from the FF or even Spider-man and the Avengers should still be there. So if it's not confronting Doom, then this is likely kept local. That is unless Dan forgot it got cleared out again.
    Reports (I think Slott's Twitter) have issue 5 (lgy 650) as being extra-sized. I'd guess the first trade would be five as opposed tosix issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Reports (I think Slott's Twitter) have issue 5 (lgy 650) as being extra-sized. I'd guess the first trade would be five as opposed tosix issues.
    Slott doesn't have a twitter anymore (thankfully) Brevoort mentioned that that issue will be the extra-sized one. It's going to be the wedding of Ben and Alicia.
    I'm happy that they're not going to drag this out.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Slott doesn't have a twitter anymore (thankfully) Brevoort mentioned that that issue will be the extra-sized one. It's going to be the wedding of Ben and Alicia.
    I'm happy that they're not going to drag this out.
    I don't pay close attention to these sources so it's unsurprising I was wrong about the source.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Slott doesn't have a twitter anymore (thankfully).
    Slott still has his Twitter account but it is protected and only those whose follow requests he accepts can communicate with him there. Whether he will post on the FF threads here on CBR is up to him.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Slott still has his Twitter account but it is protected and only those whose follow requests he accepts can communicate with him there. Whether he will post on the FF threads here on CBR is up to him.
    Thanks, I thought he didn't. People seemed to have problems with him on there before, plus all this stuff with James Gunn makes me glad that it's protected.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Put me in the meh category. A bunch of money for a #1 issue in which nothing really happened...Maybe I expected more...Maybe I shouldn't have read Infinity Wars before it (let down by that also). Overall, I had much anticipation and was left uncaring...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    They can be separate until issue five for all I care
    Well I won't put up with that, and neither will the fan base. I will skim over the next issue and if it doesn't look like it is exciting to read, it will go back on the shelf and then I won't look at it again for another year or so, or until the creative team changes. There are lots of other choices and if Marvel can't deliver the real FF, I'll just keep reading Mr Micacle, GL, Neil Gaiman's works, Star Trek and whatever else might be worth picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Put me in the meh category. A bunch of money for a #1 issue in which nothing really happened...Maybe I expected more...Maybe I shouldn't have read Infinity Wars before it (let down by that also). Overall, I had much anticipation and was left uncaring...
    Now I don't have a good inkling of the combination of longtime FF fan and how someone felt about this first issue. My initial thought is that people who are more into the FF and have been fans longer had a better opinion of the issue.

If this is the case then the issue wasn't successful in gathering new readers. I look through the issue and see an awful lot which tells me the creative folks get the FF and their stories. But I've been doing this for a while and I think I have a handle on the Fantastic Four. I am, admittedly, opinionated about the series. Is there a quantum difference between what makes the FF the FF and what many current comics need to sell today?

I love this series and I feel it can be successful in the modern age, but like many of the series I follow, its fans tend to be older and longer term than other series. And yes, I KNOW some of you are new fans and young. I'm not saying you don't exist. But when taking metrics like average age and length of time reading, I expect FF would have longer older fans.

Am I right, or am I full of crap here?

BANNED

I think we're looking at this very similarly. The issue was far from perfect and the flaws people have pointed out have been noted by many. But the general tone of characters, attitudes, and looks of the characters are spot on.

We get that the FF should have reunited in this issue.
    We get that the Doom story was padding we didn't need.
    The price was too damn high.

I don't disagree with any of those assessments. I think even the most fervent fans of the issue will realize that there is a point to these criticisms.
    It is not just that. This could have been... Franklin Bursting through the Negative Zone with an unconscous Reed Richards in his arms - shouting at Ben Grim in the middle of his proposal - Uncle Ben - Quick we need your help and the whole multiverse is at stake!!

you can roll your own senerios from there...

But that is the Fantastic Four you know and love...

Now I don't have a good inkling of the combination of longtime FF fan and how someone felt about this first issue. My initial thought is that people who are more into the FF and have been fans longer had a better opinion of the issue.

If this is the case then the issue wasn't successful in gathering new readers. I look through the issue and see an awful lot which tells me the creative folks get the FF and their stories. But I've been doing this for a while and I think I have a handle on the Fantastic Four. I am, admittedly, opinionated about the series. Is there a quantum difference between what makes the FF the FF and what many current comics need to sell today?

I love this series and I feel it can be successful in the modern age, but like many of the series I follow, its fans tend to be older and longer term than other series. And yes, I KNOW some of you are new fans and young. I'm not saying you don't exist. But when taking metrics like average age and length of time reading, I expect FF would have longer older fans.

Am I right, or am I full of crap here?
    I am a casual, older fan and it just didn't grab me and scream to me to tune in next week true believers, etc...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    It is not just that. This could have been... Franklin Bursting through the Negative Zone with an unconscous Reed Richards in his arms - shouting at Ben Grim in the middle of his proposal - Uncle Ben - Quick we need your help and the whole multiverse is at stake!!

you can roll your own senerios from there...

But that is the Fantastic Four you know and love...
    I wish, if only

Now that I woukd have loved

Astonishing Member

Well I won't put up with that, and neither will the fan base. I will skim over the next issue and if it doesn't look like it is exciting to read, it will go back on the shelf and then I won't look at it again for another year or so, or until the creative team changes. There are lots of other choices and if Marvel can't deliver the real FF, I'll just keep reading Mr Micacle, GL, Neil Gaiman's works, Star Trek and whatever else might be worth picking up.
    Copy that

if I at least don't see the full team back in the same universe next issue ill drop it like I did Bendis Superman after two issues and like I have most of my marvel books since CW2

I love the ff but marvel is too expensive to pay for slow burn

But they do say they'll be back so fingers crossed
    Last edited by kilderkin; 08-20-2018 at 11:12 AM.

BANNED

Franklin Bursting through the Negative Zone with an unconscous Reed Richards in his arms - shouting at Ben Grim in the middle of his proposal - Uncle Ben - Quick we need your help and the whole multiverse is at stake!!

I was just in the shower and I was thinking this is actually not a bad start of a story line

Grim baldly stares out in disblief and the older Franklin, and shouts "Hold you aunt Petenues here buddy, we just searched out half the multiverse searching for you and you are uncertifiably DEAD .. so who do you think your are fool, not the ever blue eyed thing!"

Franklin searches to floor looking for words and says, "Listen Uncle Ben, I know we have been missing and its hard to explain everything but we have been lost in the center of the bleed of the multiverse until now and we've narrowly escpaed, but if we don't act now, they will will have lost Mom and Valery, and all the Susan Storms in the Multiverse, and all the Valery's in multiverse now and forever!"

Do I get a job at Marvel now?