Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I got these variants as if I didn't need to eat this month, but honest;y. I've been saving mucho bucks on no FF, no LSH, and no JSA.

Adams
    Cassaday
    Kirby
    Pichelli
    Quesada
    Simonson
    Wieringo
    These were the ones in my store:

Tough choosing one, but ended up with Pichelli. Also, the store gave me the FF cover to Amazing Spider-Man #3 with Reed, Sue, Ben and Peter in their Future Foundation duds.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Default Here we go again... (spoilers for FF #1 by Dan Slott)

Well spoilers:
    It seems that Dan Slott is a great fan of the Thing and his history and what better way to start off his FF run with the Thing purposing marriage to his long time girlfriend Alicia Masters. EXCEPT A FEW THINGS...

1. This isn't the first time the Thing purposed marriage if anyone is to recall Mark Millar's time with the team.

2. This isn't the first time we see Alicia Masters married, although it was a Skrull in disguise, which brings me to my third point.

3. Is Marvel truly setting up its readership for some DEJA VU all over again. While time has past from the previous two events it doesn't mean that Marvel could pull the same trick twice, right ?

4. We already had a busted marriage, but the only reason Marvel isn't being bothered by it was due to the fact that they had a back-up marriage in case the first one was a bust.

As fans of the character and his history: What do you think of this new moment for the Thing ?
    end of spoilers

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I updated this thread with cmbmool's spoiler thread so that what was formerly a preview thread is now the spoiler thread.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I updated this thread with cmbmool's spoiler thread so that what was formerly a preview thread is now the spoiler thread.
    Thanks for doing that. Still It's going to be an interesting discussion to get through.

BANNED

Double post

The issue put a smile on my face.

I particularly liked what happened with Ben and Alicia, and the joke with Sue.

The end with the giant 4 the size of the earth to herald their return is exactly what I wanted.

It's nice to have an FF book back and Marvel Two-in-One this month will make the wait until issue 2 easier.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-08-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the Hood's conclusion was logical. Victor von Doom was running around using the name of Iron Man. it's not something Tony Stark would give his blessing to. yet Tony Stark wasn't known, by the villain community, to be out of action. Stark was not on the Hood's radar until Victor took action. Victor's failed war on the villain community led to the Hood seeking retribution. He looked in Latveria. no Victor. it's a straight line to Stark's place. take Victor out of the equation and the Hood's still robbing banks.
    Since when is the Hood only interested in robbing banks? Have you forgotten his attempt to gather all the Infinity Gems? And I don't see how the villain community wouldn't notice Iron Man's absence, especially when he knew about the power struggle within Stark's company.

Well that was... FANTASTIC.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

BANNED

I wonder if Ben will really go through it with Alicia. Wonder how many times will they go through the on off phase. the moment of truth at the end was fantastic ... but somehow didn't feel more impactful than the one where Johnny returned imo. Reed and Doom seem to be on the paths which will inevitably lead to their conflict though why he returns to larger is rather than to the mother of his child should be explained further on. I wonder if the children are separated from them as they aren't shown on panel as a further exploration of the thread point of their appearance in the legacy one shot or whether they are going to come back together

What I dislike is that the first flare limited the effect of the second one.

Spectacular Member

I know for a fact that Sue can sing.

Last edited by FBarnhill; 08-08-2018 at 10:28 AM.

So....Impossible Man at the end of the issue was totally me. Marvel knew exactly what it was doing to me and how I would react. Hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    I know for a fact that Sue can sing.

https://youtu.be/PBDrn5sr-hw

Lol

Johnny can apparently rap and dance too.

Fantastic issue. Loved it.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Default To Marvel Merchandising

Hey Marvel merchandising!

Make these and I will instantly buy them.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-08-2018 at 11:09 AM.