Guardians 2 is where I started losing interest in superhero films, I think. I chuckled through it, but leaving the theater I felt like I kind of forced my enjoyment of it rather than it coming naturally. It was a few months though before I realized it, probably upon rewatching it on TV. I actually had forgotten that Kurt Russel, one of my lifelong favorite actors, was in it.

Wonder Woman was a movie that I was extremely grateful for, in that I appreciated very much that young girls finally had someone to dress up as and to imagine themselves being like. Yet I left shortly after the No Man's Land scene. I watched last half in my home much later, and was sorry I did as it turned a "meh" feeling about the film into actual dislike with the silly climatic battle.

Black Panther and Avengers 4 I understand the passion for, but I don't share it. I was restless and distracted all the way through each of them. Any Man and The Wasp was the closest I've come to pure enjoyment of a superhero film lately, but I wasn't in love with it. Doctor Strange was the last superhero movie I truly enjoyed, and I doubt there'll ever be a second one. I'll watch Avengers: Endgame because I feel obligated to see the end of the story, but I'm not impatient for it. And if it ends the way I expect it to, it'll probably give me closure on leaving the whole superhero genre behind, as I expect it to be the end of several major storylines and characters.

I doubt I'll see Guardians 3 no matter who helms it. I think it's criminal that Gunn is out, but I don't seriously think he's the only person who can do this movie.

After laughing at it for years, maybe I have to admit superhero fatigue is a real thing? At least for me, but I've yet to be convinced it's a broad issue.