Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired

Most super-hero movies suffer for having the same structure, even if they have different tones. You can predict what structure the movie is going to have and be right 9 times out of 10. Despite being very different movies, WONDER WOMAN and DEADPOOL have the same structure. Yet if you look at western movies, they have various structures to them. Certainly most movies, have some climactic scene in the third act--but in super-hero movies this is almost always a big battle with lots of effects and stunts that are supposed to wow the audience. And that being the last impresssion (except for end credit scenes), people go out of the theatre with this feeling of deja vu.

Astonishing Member

When Avengers 4 comes out, the excitement is gone. I'll still watch future superhero movies but seeing the 'Trinity' of Evans, Hemsworth, and Downey leave after A4 does not make me happy or excited for the MCU.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

For me it is now more of a case by case situation than it used to be. I used to rush out and see everything in the theater, but not now. I thought Thor: Ragnarok looked too silly so I waited and watched in on Blu Ray. I was not sure about Black Panther so I waited on it too. On the other hand I saw both Avengers Infinity War and Antman and the Wasp in the theater, and was glad I did. Aquaman looks like the kind of spectacle that needs to be seen on the big screen while Shazam while looking good might be better seen at home.

There are some things like X-Men: Phoenix or that stupid Joaquin Phoenix Joker origin movie that i have no real desire to see at all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You're probably right about GotG, but (and I freely admit being unbale to prove this) I'm willing to be that if you ask anybody but comic fans what all the other Marvel and DC films are, the vast majority are going to say "superhero" and no other genre without being prompted.
    I guess many non comic fans may as well consider pretty much any other action movie these days superhero films even if they aren't any superheroes in them since most of the main characters act and behave and do the same things as superheroes do.