View Poll Results: Jason's new Red Hood look (2018)

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it

24 25.00%
  • Don't like it

44 45.83%
  • Not sure yet

21 21.88%
  • Really don't care one way or the other

7 7.29%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Jason's new Red Hood look: like it or not?

It's been discussed elsewhere, but what do people think?

And here's the CBR article about it:
    DC Debuts Jason Todd’s New Red Hood Mask, Costume & Emblem
    by Stephen Gerding - in Comic News
    Jason Todd’s always been the loose cannon of the Bat-family, but in the latest issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws, the former Robin may have finally crossed a line he can’t come back from.
    In Issue #24, not only did it appear as though Red Hood straight-up killed Penguin, one of Batman’s oldest enemies, on live television, in the process he may have given away Bruce Wayne’s secret identity. Just before he shot Oswald Cobblepot right in the face, Hood took his mask off, revealing himself to the criminal and, depending on how the cameras were set up, the world. To make matters worse, since Jason is well known as one of Bruce’s adopted sons, it’s not a massive leap to presume some people might make the connection to Bruce being Batman.
    It’s no surprise, then, that the next issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws is being promoted as a knock down, drag out fight between Batman and his former apprentice...
    You can read the remainder (and see the art) here:
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 08-02-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Dislike the look, dislike the planned new direction. I'm on the fence about even continuing with the book after the annual.

looks like 90's trash and way too edgy

Not too sure yet. Waiting on the artist to incorporate it in like how they said its supposed to fit in with the new narrative before I really judge it. Only thing I completely dislike no matter what is the hairstyle.

BANNED

I really like it. He looks tough, and I LOVE the crowbar addition, shows what guts he has! I LOVE JASON !!!!!!!!!!!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I don't like the costume at all but what I really hate is the crowbar. Nothing will make me okay with the fact that he'll be using the very crowbar that was instrumental in his death as one of his weapons of choice.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

He looks like an evil Casey Jones

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I don't like this new look.

This is such a stupid move. Yeah I can seen gamers and casuals loving this look. Majority of Jason's fanbase consists of Gamers and fans who don't much about him but love the way he looks. I don't see this going down well. Yeah bring on Injustice 3 Red Hood with a crowbar. Dumb

It's trash. You don't mess with a good thing. And the haircut is bad too.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Well, its different.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I thought it was Evil Mister Terrific before I scrolled down. Is it just me or does he have a darker skin tone than usual?

Overall he looks like a thug, so it depends on where he is and how he operates. Basically, if the costume fits the story.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-03-2018 at 02:38 AM.

I like it better than his last vest-like costume from Red Hood and Arsenal, but I still prefer his OG outfit. The leather jacket, the hood, you cant go wrong with it, its great. But as long as this new look is temporary, something needed to further the story, I'm fine with it. Its not so much 'bad' to me, as much as it just cant compete with Red Hoods classic look.

BANNED

He looks like what he`s supposed to look given the coming arc.

It's moderatively clean to be 90s edgy, it works more as a late 80s grim n gritty which is more palatable. I`ll worry when they give him a ponytail.

The design is pretty good but I need to see it in motion first. The crowbar is something out of Hamlet and the anonimously garb is both urban and fit for an identity crisis. It has shades of Daredevil, Shredder, Casey, low tech Green Hornet and Hood. Whether it will stick or not, remains to be seen.

The helmet will return almost obviously, that will be the clímax.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 08-03-2018 at 03:17 AM.

BANNED

I don't think the logo is a strong work but at least it that it deviates from the bat motif.

Maybe one day Hood will have a real promotion instead of being bat deviation number 2 or 3. Crossing fingers.