View Poll Results: Jason's new Red Hood look (2018)

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it

24 25.00%
  • Don't like it

44 45.83%
  • Not sure yet

21 21.88%
  • Really don't care one way or the other

7 7.29%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Double post
    10 chara.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 08-03-2018 at 03:24 AM.

BANNED

I don't think the logo is a strong work but at least it deviates from the bat motif.

Maybe one day Hood will have a real promotion instead of being bat deviation number 2 or 3. Crossing fingers.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like this look. I never liked the crimson dome hemlet so this is an improvement in my book.

I can believe so many people dislike it O.o. It serves a purpose, and the story behind it seems well put by what we know so far. I get that the style is different; urban thug instead of pulp antihero, which means it's going to be divisive. But I was expecting the scales to be more balanced. I'm surprised .

As for me, I have a couple of problems, but overall, I like it. Very 80's, and that's always good in my book. I still like the former costume better, but I still like the Countdown clothing even more.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-03-2018 at 07:29 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Logo and Haircut suck big time but the rest is solid.

Really don't know about that face/mouth covering thing.

Love it or hate it, it sure generated a lot of talk and interest across the internet that even people who showed no interest in Red Hood before are talking about it. So, this a win I guess.

Personally, I think it suit the direction they are going with and I'm really interested to see it.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Well Bucky is SUPER Popular so I can understand why the designers would want to copy Marvel.

As his new Status quo this look is a fail and quite embarrassing. He doesn't look remotely intimidating.

I hope this look is temporary. He's just going through another one of his notice me please senpai daddy phase. Is it temporary? Pretty sure it is so no big worries.

Exactly. The artist wanted to win over the shippers crowd who were screaming "Give Cap a boyfriend!" in Twitter.

Though, the artist failed in making Jason more of a pretty boy and way slimmer than Batman to make it easier to ship them. Shame on you, Woods!

BANNED

Bucky is only super popular within the MCU and in both the MCU and comics, he`s hardly used the mask since Winter Soldier.

If you want to credit popular vigilantes/villains with that mask you`re obviously missing the actual originals in the genre. Think Green Hornet and the Shredder, whom Bucky also took the visual cue from.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Since you mentioned it……
    456A2130-36BC-4ED8-8B01-17268CE8ADD5.jpg

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Bucky is only super popular within the MCU and in both the MCU and comics, he`s hardly used the mask since Winter Soldier.

If you want to credit popular vigilantes/villains with that mask you`re obviously missing the actual originals in the genre. Think Green Hornet and the Shredder, whom Bucky also took the visual cue from.
    Somehow I doubt they were thinking Green Hornet when they came up with the idea.

It doesn't matter who had it 1st to the public Deadpool is the regenerating hero. Doesn't matter that he is based on Deathstroke. Winter solider is very popular and current.
    Shredder is well known but again I doubt they wish to model Jason after him. Bucky seems ore plausible.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

What's DC's hard on with giving Jason an actual hood? Didn't he just get rid of one before Rebirth?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Somehow I doubt they were thinking Green Hornet when they came up with the ideia
    They obviously considered the cool cats first.

Who wouldn't?
    Last edited by Aioros22; 08-03-2018 at 09:23 AM.

I like it a lot. They are ballsy enough to deviate away from the iconic look. Reading DC Nation, obviously there's a lot of thought going into making the choices, and the important thing is that the design serves a story purpose first, rather than just an aesthetic one.

Complaints about how he's looking like this and that are moot because with enough nitpicking, most characters will have overlapped aesthetic traits with some other characters. Are we really arguing whether he's copying Bucky or Scorpion or Shredder? Who cares? It's a getup that fits Jason's usual wardrobe. Are the hood and mask that unique of a feature that by wearing them one is guilty of being a copycat?