View Poll Results: Jason's new Red Hood look (2018)

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it

24 25.00%
  • Don't like it

44 45.83%
  • Not sure yet

21 21.88%
  • Really don't care one way or the other

7 7.29%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I would've liked a neutral choice.

As for the costume itself, well Jason has been in his more or less classic jacket and helmet design for 5 years(in between the DCYOU RHaA hoodie version) or 6 years. A change would be neat.

This costume, as other have said, reminds me of the Lin Kuei of Mortal Kombat and that's not a bad thing. I love me some ninja costumes. The crow bar is still a no go even if its more of a symbolic/Jason's mood plot point. Glad for the Katana. I feel Jason should have some sort of bladed weapons. Hope the guns come back.

Last the boots. Are those blade like appendages?

PS did the All Caste have a ninja garb?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Somehow I doubt they were thinking Green Hornet when they came up with the idea.

It doesn't matter who had it 1st to the public Deadpool is the regenerating hero. Doesn't matter that he is based on Deathstroke. Winter solider is very popular and current.
    Shredder is well known but again I doubt they wish to model Jason after him. Bucky seems ore plausible.
    Isn't it more plausible to go with the very detailed and sensible explanation given by the artist?

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    PS did the All Caste have a ninja garb?
    I remember they have Monk's garb; Jason and Ducra wears something ancient Chinese. Essence looks closest to a ninja, without the mask.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-03-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Was wondering because if Jay were to go for a costume change, I'd like one inspired by the AC.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Really don't know about that face/mouth covering thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Bucky is only super popular within the MCU and in both the MCU and comics, he`s hardly used the mask since Winter Soldier.

If you want to credit popular vigilantes/villains with that mask you`re obviously missing the actual originals in the genre. Think Green Hornet and the Shredder, whom Bucky also took the visual cue from.
    Actually, I mentioned (movie version of) Bane because he's a Batman villain, and the Winter Soldier is also a very apt comparison since:
    * Winter Soldier (in comics) was previously Captain America's original kid sidekick believed to have died
    * Jason Todd was the second Robin/kid sidekick to Batman who did die (but later got better)

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Isn't it more plausible to go with the very detailed and sensible explanation given by the artist?
    That would mean that people read that article. Which, apparently, only happened for a few of us. Because everywhere I go, people seem to not get why they came with this new costume, or at least, what reasons are given in story for it to be like it is.

A pity, because those pages were so interesting to read, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Love it or hate it, it sure generated a lot of talk and interest across the internet that even people who showed no interest in Red Hood before are talking about it. So, this a win I guess.
    I agree. It edges out the last costume in this regard. It keeps the talk going, and it has been going since the arc started.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Was wondering because if Jay were to go for a costume change, I'd like one inspired by the AC.
    You know what, I would love it as well. His old AC costume was beautiful. But maybe save it for the time the story goes mystical instead of urban.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'm not sure yet. I need to see the new design in action first and with some context why Jason underwent such a drastic change, especially why he runs around with the weapon he was murdered with (or at least tortured, in the end he was killed by the explosion, I know). Fanarts of the new design I've seen look good. The only general problem I see so far for myself is that Woods tends to draw Jason a little bit too much on the bulky side for my own taste.

Extraordinary Member

in addioton to being thugly he seems to downgrade to a more lowtech version of himself

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Maybe, although I doubt they will come out and say "well Bucky Barnes is very popular right now so that's where we got the idea" or something along those lines.

Dick Grayson from YJ also spotting something similar all of a sudden makes me believe even more that this is more a trend inspired by a popular character than redesign driven by necessity you know?

Obviously this is just my opinion.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 08-03-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

double post

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Maybe, although I doubt they will come out and say "well Bucky Barnes is very popular right now so that's where we got the idea" or something along those lines.

Dick Grayson from YJ also spotting something similar all of a sudden makes me believe even more that this is more a trend inspired by a popular character than redesign driven by necessity you know?

Obviously this is just my opinion.
    I can't say about Dick. But in Jason's case, the reason for the mask/domino combo was explained clearly. Obviously it's your choice to think it's a cover-up for the real intention which is to emulate what's trending. But to me you are not giving the artist and writer enough credit when they went out of the way to share with us such a meticulous artistic process.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    That would mean that people read that article. Which, apparently, only happened for a few of us. Because everywhere I go, people seem to not get why they came with this new costume, or at least, what reasons are given in story for it to be like it is.

A pity, because those pages were so interesting to read, honestly.
    Those pages were an interesting read and I completely get the reasons behind the new costume but understanding the reasoning behind the change as well as how it connects and makes sense to the story being told doesn't necessarily mean that people are going to automatically like the costume either. That has more to do with how the artist is rendering the costume than its actual purpose within the story. Like I said elsewhere I like the fan artists renderings of the costume just fine but I'm not really a fan of Pete Woods artist style however much that style might fit the story being told here. So for me the costume plain doesn't work, especially the symbol. Personally, I'd rather he had no symbol at all just like in the UTRH days.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-03-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Not a fan, far too edgy and try hard.

I much preferred Red Hood to be 'The violent black sheep' of the Bat Family, who kills on occasion and is distant from his father. Who hangs around with his 'Dark Trinity' of Artemis (Edgy 90s WW) and Bizzaro (though I wouldn't say no to them dropping Hector Guerra in as the Dark Supes analogue) whom do Authority esque 'Get **** done' superheroing.