View Poll Results: Jason's new Red Hood look (2018)

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it

24 25.00%
  • Don't like it

44 45.83%
  • Not sure yet

21 21.88%
  • Really don't care one way or the other

7 7.29%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Those pages were an interesting read and I completely get the reasons behind the new costume but understanding the reasoning behind the change as well as how it connects and makes sense to the story being told doesn't necessarily mean that people are going to automatically like the costume either. That has more to do with how the artist is rendering the costume than its actual purpose within the story. Like I said elsewhere I like the fan artists renderings of the costume just fine but I'm not really a fan of Pete Woods artist style however much that style might fit the story being told here. So for me the costume plain doesn't work, especially the symbol. Personally, I'd rather he had no symbol at all just like in the UTRH days.
    I didn't mean to imply that someone is going to like the design if he or she reads the article. I only meant that people should read the article in order to understand what's the story behind the change in the style of the costume, and why it looks like it does. Or at least, the official reasons, which are believable for me. Most negative comments (or at least a lot of them, enough to stand out) I read had to do with either comparing the design with something else or complaining that it doesn't suit the former costume, or most of former costumes for Jason. It's not your case, I'm aware, and I also know that there are many (well, relatively speaking) who dislike the costume and had read that info as well.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-03-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Aren't his dual pistols kind of his trademark? The crowbar is just dumb. For one thing it's to heavy to carry around. Also, if you were beat to death with one, would you want to start using one?

It looks more street level, I wonder if he's going to drop the teleporters.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Aren't his dual pistols kind of his trademark? The crowbar is just dumb. For one thing it's to heavy to carry around. Also, if you were beat to death with one, would you want to start using one?

No, his guns aren't his trademark. He uses a rather wide repertory; from knives to tasers to rocket launchers to magic swords to hand-to-hand. He's a jack of all trades, even if he's a very notable marksman.

And I may be wrong, but this isn't the first time he uses a crowbar either. Didn't he beat the Joker in Under the Hood witn one? I'm not sure I remember that right, but I think he did.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-03-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post

I prefer to think not. Jason was once equally recognizable with his flame dagger. And he used explosives galore. Other notables used more than once include rocket launcher, poison, katana (he even dueled with Green Arrow once), All-Blades, tasers, arm blade etc etc. Making him go permanent dual guns was a lazy move in my opinion. And you ask why he would carry a crowbar? Well it's obviously not a practical choice but we are talking about a very emotional volatile and likely suicidal Jason here so, why not?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It's not an official trademark, true, but the dual guns show up in his covers, in his action scenes in the comic, his appearance in games and the Batman anime. So more than the others, it's become his most recognizable weapon.

BANNED

Is the whole Bat Family getting new costumes?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that someone is going to like the design if he or she reads the article. I only meant that people should read the article in order to understand what's the story behind the change in the style of the costume, and why it looks like it does. Or at least, the official reasons, which are believable for me. Most negative comments (or at least a lot of them, enough to stand out) I read had to do with either comparing the design with something else or complaining that it doesn't suit the former costume, or most of former costumes for Jason. It's not your case, I'm aware, and I also know that there are many (well, relatively speaking) who dislike the costume and had read that info as well.
    In my opinion its valid to compare this design to other similar designs. Whether someone does so in a positive or negative manner is irrelevant as both are equally valid and people on both sides are even mentioning those similarities. I don't think its particularly fair to dismiss someone's dislike of the costume on the grounds that they don't like that similarity. Its really no different then liking the costume because of its similarity to others when you get right down to it.

All I'm saying is that some people are likely complaining about the design for aesthetic reasons and they may not feel the need to read about the reasons behind a costume design they dislike. For a lot of them its not going to change their opinion anyway.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-03-2018 at 09:39 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's not an official trademark, true, but the dual guns show up in his covers, in his action scenes in the comic, his appearance in games and the Batman anime. So more than the others, it's become his most recognizable weapon.
    I like that he ditched them, they shouldn't be his main weapon.
    He should imo do more hand to hand combat. And even back in UTRH his main weapon was his knife not his guns.

It's ok I guess, not really a huge fan of the haircut though it looks terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    In my opinion its valid to compare this design to other similar designs. Whether someone does so in a positive or negative manner is irrelevant as both are equally valid and people on both sides are even mentioning those similarities. I don't think its particularly fair to dismiss someone's dislike of the costume on the grounds that they don't like that similarity. Its really no different then liking the costume because of its similarity to others when you get right down to it.

All I'm saying is that some people are likely complaining about the design for aesthetic reasons and they may not feel the need to read about the reasons behind a costume design they dislike. For a lot of them its not going to change their opinion anyway.
    Ok, I see your point. You are right about that. My apologises if I came across as arrogant user.

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I would've liked a neutral choice.
    You don't think
    * Not sure yet
    and

* Really don't care one way or the other
    are neutral-enough options?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You don't think
    * Not sure yet
    and

* Really don't care one way or the other
    are neutral-enough options?
    Hm. Thinking on it, yeah those are good for neutral. I guess for me its like "I think its okay but..." so maybe not neutral.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Hm. Thinking on it, yeah those are good for neutral. I guess for me its like "I think its okay but..." so maybe not neutral.
    So, either go with "Not sure yet" or wait another issue or two before actually voting.

The overall look is, meh; ok I guess? The logo tho....yeah that's a no from me. It's looks dumb. Other than the logo, I could get used to it but I prefer the previous design significantly better.