View Poll Results: Jason's new Red Hood look (2018)

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it

24 25.00%
  • Don't like it

44 45.83%
  • Not sure yet

21 21.88%
  • Really don't care one way or the other

7 7.29%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I dislike the change of direction.

I like Jason helmet. I like Artemix&Bizarro as a companions..

All was PERFECT. Why this change? Another writer?
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-04-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I dislike the change of direction.

I like Jason helmet. I like Artemix&Bizarro as a companions..

All was PERFECT. Why this change? Another writer?
    I agree that the Outlaws team as well as Jason's old costume was very good. But I prefer things to not stay stagnant; moreover, this change wasn't on a whim and instead has been built up since a year at least. I say give it a chance, it is still Lobdell. Also Jason's helmet is too iconic. It will be back eventually.

Does anybody know if there might be a link between the changes with Jason and the upcoming Heroes in Crisis series being written by Tom King?

I like it, there's an actual hood instead of a helmet, bit of a domino mask for the Robin call back, and a little reminiscent of his first Red Hood costume I think even if I can't point out how.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like the hood and the mouth mask. I find the round helmet is too easy to look goofy if they're drawn incorrectly. I also prefer costumes like Nightwing where I can see his hair.

Unfortunately, he cut his hair. That part I don't like. I want his full head of hair with the mouth mask so he looks like a cool ninja character.

I don't mind the crowbar because Jason always jokes about his death, and Red Hood itself was originally Joker's moniker, so the crowbar is just another thing where he wants to be ironic.

The rest of the costume is "eh" and I already mentioned in the other thread that I don't like the logo because it looks like a t-shirt you can pick up anywhere.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does anybody know if there might be a link between the changes with Jason and the upcoming Heroes in Crisis series being written by Tom King?
    Sofar it fortunately doesn't look like Jason is involved.

BANNED

A thread about a new haircut and duds have now more pages than most discussion issues outside Batman and RATHO titles.

When you have good design stick with a good design. Superman, Spiderman, Batman, Flash suits have changed over the years but original designs were good so you stay in the pocket of what works with them. This redesign is basically ignoring what works about the original design. The only thing I like the new symbol instead on bat.

Hate it. Looks way too Azrael-ish.

It's dumb and edgy so it's perfect for an arc where Jason goes full edgelord. I don't mind it that much otherwise.

I tried not to like it but I do. The only thing wrong are the short sleeves, but they're growing on me too because they're Robin like.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    When you have good design stick with a good design. Superman, Spiderman, Batman, Flash suits have changed over the years but original designs were good so you stay in the pocket of what works with them. This redesign is basically ignoring what works about the original design. The only thing I like the new symbol instead on bat.
    Now that issue #25 is out, sticking with the old design is completely out of the question given what went down. Unlike other costume changes which are mostly about aesthetic, this one first and foremost serves the story they're telling going forward so on that front it just has to be different.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Now that issue #25 is out, sticking with the old design is completely out of the question given what went down. Unlike other costume changes which are mostly about aesthetic, this one first and foremost serves the story they're telling going forward so on that front it just has to be different.
    Honestly I think that this is just as much an aesthetic choice on the part of the artist as it is one that also serves the story being told. For me the two are so intertwined that its impossible to separate them because they, at least as far as this book has been concerned, are in sync with each other. (I've really felt that the art on RHATO this time around has been completely in sync with the stories being told, which is honestly a very good thing in my opinion.) The place this story (and Jason himself) are going to is a dark, visceral, gritty and edgy one and so everything about it from the costume Jason wears, to the weapons he has, to the way Jason views his surroundings, to the very art itself needs to have that type of aesthetic for this to direction to work well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Honestly I think that this is just as much an aesthetic choice on the part of the artist as it is one that also serves the story being told. For me the two are so intertwined that its impossible to separate them because they, at least as far as this book has been concerned, are in sync with each other. (I've really felt that the art on RHATO this time around has been completely in sync with the stories being told, which is honestly a very good thing in my opinion.) The place this story (and Jason himself) are going to is a dark, visceral, gritty and edgy one and so everything about it from the costume Jason wears, to the weapons he has, to the way Jason views his surroundings, to the very art itself needs to have that type of aesthetic for this to direction to work well.
    I agree that everything in RHATO has been in sync pretty much completely. However, decisions to drop the helmet, change the logo and being generally less protected were a direct result from the previous story. So I think while aesthetic plays an equally important part, certain design choices (not all) are just decided by story and they should be judged with that context in mind, hence my comment above.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Eh.

They will go back to the old costume eventually if only for marketing reasons.