View Poll Results: Jason's new Red Hood look (2018)

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it

24 25.00%
  • Don't like it

44 45.83%
  • Not sure yet

21 21.88%
  • Really don't care one way or the other

7 7.29%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Honestly I think that this is just as much an aesthetic choice on the part of the artist as it is one that also serves the story being told. For me the two are so intertwined that its impossible to separate them because they, at least as far as this book has been concerned, are in sync with each other. (I've really felt that the art on RHATO this time around has been completely in sync with the stories being told, which is honestly a very good thing in my opinion.) The place this story (and Jason himself) are going to is a dark, visceral, gritty and edgy one and so everything about it from the costume Jason wears, to the weapons he has, to the way Jason views his surroundings, to the very art itself needs to have that type of aesthetic for this to direction to work well.
    It sort of reminds me one of the things that I liked about Fraction and Aja's Hawkeye. Art was in sync with the stories the book was telling. They had multiple artists in there, and all worked in parts that really helped to "paint" a mood to the plot they were showing to the readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Eh.

They will go back to the old costume eventually if only for marketing reasons.
    You mean this one?

Hopefully not this one:

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The N52/Rebirth one. At this point is his more recognizable look and more importantly, the one used on all the merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You mean this one?

Hopefully not this one:
    Eh, despite everything else, I liked RedHead Jason costume. It was cool, in a different way, but very good, too.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Eh, despite everything else, I liked RedHead Jason costume. It was cool, in a different way, but very good, too.
    I had no problem with that costume myself. The only thing about it that I hated was the pill helmet. Everything else about it was just fine and it fit with the story they were telling at the time.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I had no problem with that costume myself. The only thing about it that I hated was the pill helmet. Everything else about it was just fine and it fit with the story they were telling at the time.
    Yeah. The helmet was, errr... But still, it had its charm in a crazy old style.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You mean this one?

Hopefully not this one:
    I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!!

I've ALWAYS said that that second costume on this page looked more like a colorful and flamboyant super villain...and it reminds me of Mysterio of Spider-Man...

ANYWAY to the topic at hand, it's very...edgy, so I'm not sure if I like it too much, however we'll see how things play out... Also, is it just me or are a lot of designs nowadays using hoods.

I'm on the fence myself. It seems to fit with the story being told. Crowbar feels like a bit much. I know he once beat Joker with a crowbar but that seemed like it was more for dramatic and ironic payback. Would a tire iron weigh him down less? Cause if so why not go with that?

Extraordinary Member

We will anyway have to see how long it will stick. Medri's costume (which was the last one that really deviated from Jasons standard look) lasted only for half a year.

I don't really care about it. It fits Jason's character, he feels like one of those Image 90s characters.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I prefer the old look.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I actually like his new short hair - it at least differentiates him from the other Robins. And I do think he should ditch the Bat symbol (not that the new one is so great - does he really need a symbol?) but I don't really care for the rest of it - I much prefer the red helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I actually like his new short hair - it at least differentiates him from the other Robins. And I do think he should ditch the Bat symbol (not that the new one is so great - does he really need a symbol?) but I don't really care for the rest of it - I much prefer the red helmet.
    I don't like the new short hair. He looks just like Damian from Batman Lost.

I hope his Helmet comes back soon and would it kill em to just give him the white streak? I liked that.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't like the new short hair. He looks just like Damian from Batman Lost.

I hope his Helmet comes back soon and would it kill em to just give him the white streak? I liked that.
    Yeah, I don't really like the short hair either. Reminds me of Tim's Robin in the Arkham games to be honest and I didn't like that look on him either.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

It looks a homemade costume but I am more interested the story than the costume itself
    I AM GOOT