1 3.23%
  • Undertow #6

0 0%
  • Velvet #6

4 12.90%
  • Zero #9

4 12.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comic of the Week July 23/14 - Saga #21, Zero #9, Supreme Blue Rose #1

So amped up that Rat Queens is getting the recognition it deserves. First time ever as our Comic of the Week with 13 votes last week which blew away the competition that included strong competition from The Wicked + The Divine which was our Comic of the Week last month. Kurtis and Roc really deserves all the love and acclaim for their wonderful series Rat Queens. So proud to display the Rat Queens #7 cover in our humble little thread here. Great job guys and gals!

Some returning Image favorite titles this week in Saga, Zero, Revival as well Image's new title this week Supreme Blue Rose #1 from Warren Ellis and Tula Lotay.

Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Hey guys, going to hijack this Image thread a little bit to bring attention to some of the great titles out this week. Huge week for me as Groo returns! Biggest comic event in the past 25 years happens today Groo vs Conan #1 is out. Also Eric Powell's Goon returns! I'm so excited this week, dancing in my condo right now. Jeff Smith the creator of Bone is releasing his new series Tuki: Save the Humans about a stone age wanderer that is attempting to escape the dangers of the ancient savannas and be the first human to leave Africa. Also Walter Simonson is returning to comics in a big way with his all new creator owned series Ragnarok. This will be the greatest Thor story ever told as Walter Simonson will be UNLEASHED! Too much going on this week!

Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Tough one for me as Image is really on top of their game lately with the quality of comics they are publishing. Thought the ending to the third issue of Trees was very strong due to the ambiguity of *what/who* the Professor is, but Saga always seems to blow me away, and the whole issue was much stronger IMO. Need to get Supreme: Blue Rose because I have loved Warren Ellis' work over the years! I have a feeling that when Low gets released next week my vote will be quite different (or, I am REALLY hoping so, looks awesome.)

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    Tough one for me as Image is really on top of their game lately with the quality of comics they are publishing. Thought the ending to the third issue of Trees was very strong due to the ambiguity of *what/who* the Professor is, but Saga always seems to blow me away, and the whole issue was much stronger IMO. Need to get Supreme: Blue Rose because I have loved Warren Ellis' work over the years! I have a feeling that when Low gets released next week my vote will be quite different (or, I am REALLY hoping so, looks awesome.)
    Hey very cool of you to make your very first post a review. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Hey very cool of you to make your very first post a review. Welcome!
    Haha thanks Saw this thread and decided I had to make an account because I was so indecisive when choosing!

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    Haha thanks Saw this thread and decided I had to make an account because I was so indecisive when choosing!
    Haha, that's great. We could always use more reviewers to let everyone know how great Image titles are.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Velvet is my pick for the week, with Revival following close behind. Can't think of anything else that was better than those two this week outside of Batman and Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Velvet is my pick for the week, with Revival following close behind. Can't think of anything else that was better than those two this week outside of Batman and Storm.
    Groo vs Conan #1

It was between Saga and Revival for me, but Saga wins by a fairly large margin. Revival is frustrating for me sometimes, in that I kinda want answers but the plot instead throws you a curveball that derails the whole thing for like 6 issues. I think I tend to prefer shorter series in general, although that's not too complain about Revival. I love hanging out with these characters don't get me wrong, and it was a good issue, but we're headed somewhere else than I had expected. On the plus side, that means it's still surprising me, which is good.

If anyone has read Supreme: Blue Rose #1, mind posting your thoughts? I've read both Glory and Prophet since they both relaunched, so this has me intrigued.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

BANNED

Great week for comics. I am a die hard Marvel reader, but really enjoy image & other publishers as a change of pace anything goes sort of thing. This week in addition to my Marvel books, I enjoyed: Groo vs Conan, Steed & Mrs Peel, Trees, supreme Blue Rose, Ragnarok, Superannuated Man. Looking forward to Low next week. I reAd Velvet also but in trade form.

Really loved Groo vs Conan & Steed & Mrs Peel. Quote of the week comes from Groo. They are throwing comics at us! Be glad they aren't slabbed! LOL STEED & Mrs Peel was a pleasant surprise. Ragnarok is Simonson unleashed! Superannuated Man was solid. Trees & Blue Rose were also very good. Ellis is always a must buy. I will be adding all these books to my pull list.
    Last edited by Deathlok2011; 07-23-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

Supreme Blue Rose for me. Far exceeded my already high expectations.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Supreme Blue Rose. Absolutely stunning comic.

edit: Zero #9 was a real face melter as well, but just short of being the week's best.
    Last edited by eye of all; 07-24-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eye of all View Post
    Supreme Blue Rose. Absolutely stunning comic.
    Hmmmm, I didn't know anything about Supreme before so I didn't pick it up yesterday. Running to my LCS to pick this up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Hmmmm, I didn't know anything about Supreme before so I didn't pick it up yesterday. Running to my LCS to pick this up right now.
    Hah me too. I'll be running over after work to pick up a copy.

I have to go with Velvet though. Brubaker and Epting = Greatness and this was no exception.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Hey man, what were your thoughts on SUPREME? I loved it.

For me it was SUPREME: BLUE ROSE, followed by TREES #3. Ellis is killing it.