0 0%
  • Velvet #6

4 12.90%
  • Zero #9

4 12.90%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Hey man, what were your thoughts on SUPREME? I loved it.
    The current Supreme (Blue Rose), or are you referring to Alan Moore's Supreme?

It's just the opening issue, but I thought the current Supreme was fantastic. Poetic, atmospheric, grounded in real human emotion, grand, mythological and philosophical in a way that fits with previous Supreme continuity (re-booting universes). It's strong, heady stuff with artwork that is perfectly suited to giving this universe an ephemeral, dreamlike quality. It's the best thing I've read out of Ellis in quite a while. If it holds up, it stands to be something special.

My thoughts on Alan Moore's Surpeme are that it was good, and fun, but hamfisted and preachy. Poor art did it no favors.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I haven't read Saga first so I'm not going to vote, yet. But, my order from best to not best (none were bad) would be:

Zero (holy **** that was a great story. Short, but sweet and with a great hook.)

Velvet (great start to the new arc. Loved the last scene!)

Supreme: Blue Rose (was a little lost because I don't know much about Supreme, but that art was killer. I'm sure now that I know what it's actually about, the second read of this issue will be more rewarding.)

Trees (starting off slow for me. Don't hate it, but I'm not in love with this series yet. Cool concept, though.)
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Saga was awesome as always but I'll give my vote to Velvet.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    The current Supreme (Blue Rose), or are you referring to Alan Moore's Supreme?

It's just the opening issue, but I thought the current Supreme was fantastic. Poetic, atmospheric, grounded in real human emotion, grand, mythological and philosophical in a way that fits with previous Supreme continuity (re-booting universes). It's strong, heady stuff with artwork that is perfectly suited to giving this universe an ephemeral, dreamlike quality. It's the best thing I've read out of Ellis in quite a while. If it holds up, it stands to be something special.

My thoughts on Alan Moore's Surpeme are that it was good, and fun, but hamfisted and preachy. Poor art did it no favors.
    I meant BLUE ROSE. I agree too, I've been reading TREES and I'm pretty on board for it but man that second issue was a drag to read. It needs to get somewhere a bit faster. Still better than most stuff out there.

I'm actually not really a fan of Alan Moore's SUPREME. I could never get into that horrible art work, so I didn't bother with it too much. Besides if I want Alan Moore on SUPERMAN, I just go right to FOR THE MAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING.

Astonishing Member

I would like to participate but i get my Comics in a bunch at the end of the month...so not possible...

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I would like to participate but i get my Comics in a bunch at the end of the month...so not possible...
    Well then next week you can join in again right? Besides I don't think many people are really reading all of the titles listed here, most will probably just get 1 or 2, maybe more? It's mostly just to keep a weekly conversation about stuff we like, at least in my view. You can still join the chatter without voting!
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Well then next week you can join in again right? Besides I don't think many people are really reading all of the titles listed here, most will probably just get 1 or 2, maybe more? It's mostly just to keep a weekly conversation about stuff we like, at least in my view. You can still join the chatter without voting!
    I agree, I find it hard to believe that someone would buy every single title out each week from Image. It's more of a weekly chatter thread about what comics everyone is loving for the week and to spotlight new comics that we love. I have found so many image titles that I absolutely love now because of recommendations from readers and seeing each week what everyone loves, it's super interesting. Hopefully the discussions help image generate some sales of our favorite books because to be honest some of the sales figures are pitiful. Some of my favorite comics that I'm reading right now are selling a paltry 5000 copies, I never know when they'll be cancelled. If that happens, I would be extremely upset. If a weekly chatter thread can generate discussion on it, then it's a good thing.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I agree, I find it hard to believe that someone would buy every single title out each week from Image. It's more of a weekly chatter thread about what comics everyone is loving for the week and to spotlight new comics that we love.
    That's how I take it, as well. It helps me see what people are most excited in reading and puts other series on my radar if they are getting good buzz in these polls, like Supreme this week.

Zero, I did look over Supreme but wasn't sucked in. Velvet is always good, but Zero was a killer like always.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.