View Poll Results: Batmobile Mecha ?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah !

11 35.48%
  • No.

20 64.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should the Batmobile transform into a Mecha ?

Weird question I know but it seemed like a neat idea that afaik has never been executed in the comics. When Bruce has to battle Metahumans and not just clowns with mental disorders why not bring in the Batmobile ?

I mean its already got machine guns/rockets/tasers etc why not have it turn into a 'bot that he can pilot and go h2h with Grundy etc without having to justify not dying from a single hit.

The only problem I'd have with it is if it started to overshadow Batman himself, like how in Power Rangers it'd just end up being them fighting the baddie in Zords meaning everything they did up to that point was pointless.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I know I'm a minority view here, but I loathe Mecha/Giant Robots. Batman already has something pretty close to a Mecha in Endgame with the Justice Buster suit. I don't think the car should do that too.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    The only problem I'd have with it is if it started to overshadow Batman himself, like how in Power Rangers it'd just end up being them fighting the baddie in Zords meaning everything they did up to that point was pointless.
    From my perspective its more a "****, this guy is no selling my Martial Arts and gadgets, yet isnt powerful enough to warrant asking the Leauge to help" alternatively larger groups of villains. Like he uses it to solo the Suicide Squad

Nah, he's not Iron Man. Its ok for him to use mechanized suits from time to time (DKR and the Snyder Court of Owls story). But as a regular occurrence it would drastically change his motis operandi too much. At his heart he is a detective, not a fighter. Some writers tend to forget this aspect of Batman.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 08-03-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Sure, why not. They already have a flying Batmobile, a rocket, mech suits, a mythical armor, planes hidden in penthouses and a moon base.

Look, when they made the moon base, I'm gone. You can do whatever you want.

F*ck it. Why not.

DC has taken Batman far afield of where I'd like to see him, and I gave up with the League Buster suit. So sure, why the hell not let the Batmobile turn into a giant mech. At this point, why not just be that much more ridiculous about Batman?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Good God, no.

I'm so sick of Batman as Iron Man-lite. He's the Dark Knight. James Bond meets Sam Spade by way of Zorro.

The Brave and the Bold cartoon had a transforming Batmobile, but I think it could only really work in certain contexts.

Let's have Batman ride into action on a My Little Pony with magical powers instead!!!

NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Let's have Batman ride into action on a My Little Pony with magical powers instead!!!

NOT!
    Theres already a few Pony analogues tbh. Mare-Do-Well has that kind of pulp noir thing and one of the power ponies combines WW and Batman iirc.

Double post

That depends on the story, continuity, style, and media. In the mainline comic books? Probably not (I'm also not a fan of having the Batmobile fly), but the right writer can pull it off. In a LEGO or Brave and the Bold sort of cartoon? Sure. In an Elseworld it could work.

Astonishing Member

I never knew I wanted this until now. It sounds so cool and so wrong at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I never knew I wanted this until now. It sounds so cool and so wrong at the same time.