Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah !

11 35.48%
  • No.

20 64.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

No, in a world with Steel's and Luthor's power suits and others giant mecha's are an overkill, especially with Batman's rouge gallery. I don't mind an occasional power armor when needed but Batman is basically a ninja with training and a few gadgets to fight criminals and you can't sneak around in a giant mecha.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    No, in a world with Steel's and Luthor's power suits and others giant mecha's are an overkill, especially with Batman's rouge gallery. I don't mind an occasional power armor when needed but Batman is basically a ninja with training and a few gadgets to fight criminals and you can't sneak around in a giant mecha.
    You can't sneak around in a rocket powered tank car either, or an urban assault rocket powered aircraft either, or throwing around exploding bat shaped throwing stars, or dressed as a Dracula bat demon for that matter, and yet he does. Is mecha really where we're going to draw the line and say he's ridiculous now?

Again, not an idea I'd go for with every issue, but the right story with the right tone can work. He's had flying cars, Lazarus pits, non-transforming mecha, he's regularly been teleported to a space station, fought in other universes, used bat-anti-shark repellant, and it's all worked in the right setting.

Not a big fan of mechas. I loved Evangelion and I’ m currently enjoying Code Geass, but it isn’t the mecha factor which I find appealing, especially in CG, I just can’t feel attracted to fighting with big robots. Even as a child, it was my least favorite part of a Power Rangers episode
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Please no, I disliked the flying one enough. I prefer a more street level Batman in his own books.

It was fun in Brave and the Bold, but that was something different unto it self.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Good God, no.

I'm so sick of Batman as Iron Man-lite. He's the Dark Knight. James Bond meets Sam Spade by way of Zorro.
    This ^ !

While there was fun to the campy silver-age gadgetry and bat theme on everything. Current gen. seems to have lost sight of the character.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-06-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Incredible Member

Maybe it's the Power Ranger fan on me, but yeah, I would like a mecha-batmobile. Just like in Batman The Brave and Bold.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

No.

The random Dinosaur in the batcave, however, definitely should.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    It was fun in Brave and the Bold, but that was something different unto it self.
    Kingdom Come, had also already implied it before, using the 50's style Batmobile:

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    ..a neat idea that afaik has never been executed in the comics.
    See above^.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-08-2018 at 10:16 AM.