Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Default Favorite X-Roster?

I got to thinking about my favorite X-Lineups and wanted to get everyone else's take. This doesn't have to be just X-Men: if you like an X-Factor, X-Force or other X-Team's lineup, let us know. List the team out and why you liked them together.

I'm not making this a poll because there are far too many variations that've been used in the various books to give all of them representation.

My top three are:
    3. X-Men Blue ('90s edition): Cyclops (leader), Wolverine, Psylocke, Gambit, Jubilee, Beast and Rogue. Not the most powerful squad, but one with a good variety of short- and long-range fighters and a great team dynamic.
    2. Mike Carey's initial X-Men squad: Rogue (leader), Mystique, Iceman, Sabretooth, Cable, Omega Sentinel, Cannonball and Lady Mastermind. Given my love of wacky rosters, how can this one NOT be on the list? Fantastic mix of charcters that lead to amazing tension on the team, even if most of them ended up being Marauders.
    1. The Extinction Team: Cyclops (leader), Storm, Magik, Colossus (Juggernaut-powered), Namor, Hope, Magneto, Danger and White Queen. These guys are the freaking world-beaters. They had top-tier power and weren't afraid to use it. Absolutely adore this squad.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

The rotating team of Fraction’s run (+ Bishop and Jean) or the mid-90’s merged Blue/Gold teams.
    I like a rotating cast living together.
    Last edited by SonOfPsylocke; 08-03-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Incredible Member

The run was shitty but x-men revolution lineup with Wolverine, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Rogue, Thunderbird and Kitty was something I would love to see reunited, just replace T-Bird with Solaris

I really liked the Alpha team from Second Coming even though it didn't exist again after the first few issues of that story: Cyclops, Wolverine, Angel, Psylocke, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Magik, and X-23. Even though there wasn't a huge range of powers there were a lot of good inter-team relationships. You had:

Close friends: Angel/Cyclops and Wolverine/Nightcrawler/Colossus
    Dating: Psylocke/Angel
    Siblings: Magik/Colossus
    Father/Daughter-ish: Wolverine/X-23
    The X-force people (at the time) vs. the Non X-Force People
    And there was representation from the O5, ANAD, 80s, New Mutants, and X-Kids.

I wish they brought this team back. All the pieces are back on the board now except for Cyclops.

Probably the era around Warsong/Endsong

Cyclops, Emma Frost, Beast, Storm, Kitty, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine

It was the last time the X-Men could handle interpersonal problems like actual adults.

1) Morrison's New X-Men and Claremont's X-Treme (as Blue and Gold)
    New X-Men: Xavier, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Beast, Emma Frost
    X-Treme X-Men: Storm, Bishop, Rogue, Gambit, Cannonball, and Sage
    Stellar runs on both titles that complimented each out and felt modern yet classic at the same time.

2) X-Men TAS: Xavier, Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Beast, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee
    Iconic. They retold so many classic X-Stories (fairly close to source material) and was so mega popular that it's hard not to see this as the definitive cast.

3) Astonishing X-Men: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Beast, Wolverine, Shadowcat, Colossus, Storm, Armor
    This is primarily the Whedon/Ellis run of Astonishing. Ellis run lacked but the addition of Storm really upped the team for me. Whedon's run was iconic on its own and this team felt like it popped up everywhere across the Marvel Universe.

4) All-New All Different X-Men: Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat
    This team made the X-Men the most popular comic series and told the most iconic X-Men stories; no doubt a favorite. This would rank much higher if it weren't for character preferences.

Underrated/Underdeveloped Team:
    Amazing X-Men: Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Northstar, Firestar
    This title never really had a chance. Aaron should have just stuck his Return of Nightcrawler arc in Wolverine and the X-Men and called it a day. The book was fun, but the cast to me had such potential together.

Disappointing Team:
    Extraordinary X-Men: Storm, Iceman, Old Man Logan, Jean Grey, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Magik
    Seriously, this was an A-List line up. But Ramos designs were fairly dreadful and the Inhuman stuff weighed it down. To me, this team could have been the flagship team missing since Whedon left and it just fell sooooooo flat. (I also like Extraordinary as the adjective).
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

KYost's New X-Men

BANNED

All Claremont.

Peaked in Outback era; if X-Men was an Image or Vertigo title it would have ended with them going through The Siege Perilous.
    Last edited by JJS; 08-03-2018 at 02:00 PM.

#1) Kyle/Yost New X-Men. No question.
    #2) PAD’s All New X-Factor. Loved the interactions between Polaris, Quicksilver, and Gambit. Cypher and Danger were very enjoyable too.
    #3) OG EXiles. Nocturne, Blink, Mimic, Morph. Such great characters.

Last edited by nx01a; 08-03-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I think the blue/gold 90's era is probably my favorite but I really liked the late 90's line up of Wolverine, Storm, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit, Colossus and Marrow. Even if it didn't include my favorite X-Man, Psylocke, it was a line up that heavily relied on nostalgia and a family sense of relationships of the late 70's to mid 80's. You switch out Gambit/Marrow for Cyclops/Rachel and it's the same. the current Gold tried to do that too, to an extent, but unlike the current gold the late 90's run had innovative ideas. It very much mirrors my dream X-men roster of Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, adding in Psylocke and either Forge or Bishop (probably Forge).

The original GenX team will always be my favourite roster, but a close second would have to go to the early 90’s Blue/Gold teams. Wood’s all-female XX-men round out third.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Fantastic Member

The full X-Team lineup from X-Tinction Agenda. They really seemed capable of a lot with the odds stacked against them.

BANNED

My favorite complete (ie. not desiring any substitutes) roster would be Generation X pre-Hama (including Artie/Leech/Franklin as side characters).

There are plenty of other rosters where I would swap in 1-2 characters, and they'd be "perfect".

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar