Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Late 70s/Early 80s X-Men - Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Shadowcat, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Banshee

Mystique’s Brotherhood - Mystique, Destiny, Rogue, Pyro, Avalanche, Blob

OG New Mutants - Moonstar, Magik, Karma, Wolfsbane, Magma, Sunspot, Cannonball, Cypher, Shadowcat

OG Excalibur - Captain Britain, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Rachel Grey, Meggan
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 09-20-2019 at 07:08 AM.

You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

#7 Blue Gold
    7.jpg

#6 Astonishing
    6.jpg

#5 UXF
    5.jpg

#4 80s
    4.jpg

#3 NXM
    3.jpg

#2 Outback
    2.jpg

#1 70s team <3 <3
    1.jpg

I think my favorite roster will always be the 90's blue team. That was the roster i first saw when i started collecting and it just always holds a special place with me

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I think my favorite roster will always be the 90's blue team. That was the roster i first saw when i started collecting and it just always holds a special place with me
    I preferred the characters on the gold team more, but the blue team (plus Jean and Storm) were more popular with many people because they were the X-Men cartoon team.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I preferred the characters on the gold team more, but the blue team (plus Jean and Storm) were more popular with many people because they were the X-Men cartoon team.
    you are correct about that. The cartoon really shaped many fans idea of who the x-men were. I do like the gold team as well, but being a cyclops fan, I can never stray from blue

1) Claremont/Byrne X-Men
    Claremont Byrne X-Men.jpgClaremont Byrne X-Men.jpg

2) Outback X-Men
    Outback X-Men.jpg

3) X-Treme X-Men
    X-Treme X-Men.jpg

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

It’s like asking who your favourite Doctor is (Pertwee, obvs).

I’d have to go with the late 70’s/early 80’s because that’s when I started reading them.
    Scott, Jean, Sean, Peter, Ororo, Kurt and Wolverine (because we didn’t know his name!) they will always be ‘my’ X-Men.

It is hard to decide, but my ultimate favorite roster is: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Wolverine, and Emma Frost.

I also love the original Gold team: Storm, Iceman, Jean Grey, Colossus, Bishop, and Archangel.

The All new, all different plus Phoenix is another fav.

Claremont's Xtreme X-men team was great. Of course the Blue team in the 90's was cool because it had so many of the "cool" kids on it. The Gold team felt so uneven back then, but I still have so much fondness for the team and that era.

Other favs include the O5 in the original days and X-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Still haven't changed.

I love that underrated team:

Esses-quadrinhos-de-1992-eram-legais-Uncanny-X-Men-Jim-Lee-Blog-Farofeiros-1200x639.jpg

Storm, Wolverine, Psylocke, Jubilee, Gambit, Forge and Banshee

Great relationships with Storm-Logan, Storm-Gambit and Storm-Forge. The rivalry of Logan and Gambit. Besty, Jubilee and Logan also had great chemistry.

And, the best x-bromance of all time... FORGE and BANSHEE <3

Ultimate Member

X-Factor Investigations (Madrox, Siryn, Monet, Shatterstar, Rictor, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane)

New X-Men (Hellion, Dust, Surge, Mercury, Rockslide, X-23, although I'd love for Wind-Dancer or Elixir to have been regular members as well, or Indra, Loa, Bling!, etc. from that generation)

X-Men 2099 (Xian Chi Xan/the Desert Ghost, Meanstreak, Krystalin, Bloodhawk, Cerebra, Metalhead, La Lunatica!, and the boring POV skullface dude)

The 'Gold' team from the Blue/Gold era (it seemed like every story was about the team with Cyke & Wolvie and Gambit & Rogue on it, and I *craved* some good Jean/Ororo bonding, and more focus on Archangel and Bishop who felt a bit underdeveloped in favor of, at the time, flavor-of-the-month Gambit)

The 'Attack on Genosha' team that Jean Grey assembled for one issue (Jean, Frenzy, Omerta, Wraith, Sunpyre, Northstar). That was a fun team!

Classic New Mutants (Cannonball, Sunspot, Mirage, Karma, Wolfsbane), before the introduction of serious heavy hitters Amara and Ilyanna, the team felt like they not only were a team, but they *had to be,* because they were so limited in scope, no single person having a good combination of offense, defense and utility. The team had a sort of 'Legion of Super-Heroes' vibe, as opposed to a sort of 'my Omega-mutant-dick is bigger than your Omega-mutant-dick' vibe that tends to appear when you've got teams with people like Jean or Storm or Magneto, who, really, don't need a 'team' for anything other than someone to have witty banter with while they single-handedly win the day.

So, I don't really like any of the classic teams. Not because they're bad, but because past writers just want to "play the hits" over and over again, we see certain iterations of the team when it would be better to come up with something brand new and pair up characters that readers wouldn't expect.

That's why Marjorie Liu's Astonishing X-Men is my favorite line up:

(I actually didn't know that cover existed lol)

I love this line up. It feels familiar, but it's a new grouping of mutants and adding Dr. Reyes, Kitty, and Storm during the later issues only added to the appeal. I wish this had lasted longer than the Whedon/Cassaday run.

Next up is Mike Carey's first X-Men lineup:

This lineup felt completely new when it came out and featured some of the best Rogue writing ever until Duggan's Uncanny Avengers. Using villains such as Sabretooth and Lady Mastermind as opposed to established X-Men was an interesting dynamic.

Finally, X-Men Red:

This team is great and deserved a longer run to properly explore all the dynamics. In a perfect world, this would've continued instead of Rosencanny and Age of X-Man (while I like the latter, I wouldn't have traded the color era for it).