Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Patrick Stewart to reprise role of Picard in new Trek series

https://www.cbr.com/patrick-stewart-...return-picard/

It's a bit unclear what this new series will be, but I think it's pretty obvious it will be post-Nemesis (and perhaps might bring up the "Prime" universe events mentioned in the '09 film-the destruction of Romulus-a planet that, by the end of Nemesis, the Federation had started to make some tentative steps towards peace).

Since Data was killed off and most of the crew except Worf and Geordi went to new posts (Including Riker getting his own ship at last), I'm wondering if this will feature Picard with a newer crew, perhaps training a true "next generation" like the TOS movies sort of hinted at but ultimately abandoned (With Saavik I think pretty much intended to be Spock's replacement going forward, but then Nimoy decided to come back). Or it could have Picard peacefully tending his vineyard, just like in "All Good things", but perhaps being sought out by some new crew. Stewart's pretty much the same age as "Future" Picard in that episode anyway.

Maybe Michael Dorn/Worf will actually get his own series after all....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Words cannot express how excited I am...

My excitement level on a scale of 1-10 is 100!
    Please Remain Calm

Sadly it is for CBS All access. At this time I'm not willing to pay to see it.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

It took me about two minutes to think, "Hey, maybe there will now be an episode where John De Lancie reprises Q as well". A fan rationalization for Q looking older and older was that he was just paralleling Picard's age and this would be perfect for that.

I'm suspecting though that this won't be the new yet same adventures. It will likely be Picard doing something very different than being in command of a starship.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

Cool. I wonder if they'll show the Destruction of Romulus/Nero going into the past here?

I'm cautiously optimistic.
    I love the idea of a Picard/Q encounter, and a look at the post-Nemesis Federation. I just hope Picard isn't brought back to be treated like the original Star Wars characters are in the new trilogy.
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-05-2018 at 01:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

He's to old

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Sadly it is for CBS All access. At this time I'm not willing to pay to see it.
    Which just means it'll be Netflix bound in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    i'm cautiously optimistic.
    I love the idea of a picard/q encounter, and a look at the post-nemesis federation. I just hope picard isn't brought back to be treated like the original star wars characters are in the new trilogy.
    amen!!! Agree 1000%!!!!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Id be good with a previous threat returning and a crew has to go to Picard for guidance.

And yes, I'd be very happy if Q made a return as well. He was my favorite TNG character

I'm sure John De Lancie will be up for it. The aging of course can easily be explained, as Q can change forms anyway.

I'm sure John De Lancie will be up for it. The aging of course can easily be explained, as Q can change forms anyway.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    That's true; Q has made himself look like an old man before.

Perfect to bring Stewart back and he has not aged one single day.