Default Next Venom Arc: "Carnage Born"

Hey all!

I was curious about the story that Donny Cates teased at SDCC: the Web of Venom side stories apparently lead up to a major event for both Venom and Carnage called "Carnage Born." I was curious about what you guys think it's about? With all the origin changes going on in Venom, I was curious whether Carnage and/or Kasady would be involved. I'm excited, because Cates is killing it on Venom so he can only win with Carnage!

I guess it was inevitable that a major Venom run would eventually tackle Carnage, though I'm curious what they'll do with the Symbiote post-Red Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it was inevitable that a major Venom run would eventually tackle Carnage, though I'm curious what they'll do with the Symbiote post-Red Goblin.
    I'm definitely excited! Cates knows what he's doing with Venom, and he says that Carnage is his favorite symbiote. So he'll write him well, whatever it is. And the title is pretty awesome too.

D-d-d-d-d-double post
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 08-04-2018 at 07:40 PM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We also need to find out what happens to Norman Osborn who thinks he's Kasady, though I imagine that Spencer will handle that story. As to Carnage since he's still in space, maybe he can become a rival to Knull. Having a massive symbiote empire ruled by Carnage could be make for a terrifying story.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I wonder if we'll get followup to Poison Cletus-in-Spaaaaaaaace

I believe "Carnage Born" is gonna be the name of the Web of Venom one-shot, but if he's getting one it probably means that he's gonna be involved in the current ongoing.. Hoping that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I wonder if we'll get followup to Poison Cletus-in-Spaaaaaaaace
    I guess stripping him of his symbiote and turning him into a freakin' poison wasnt bad enough.. They also had to leave him floating in space.. AGAIN!! Poor Cletus lol.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

im excited for the future of venom. from all Cates is doing to the Mini by Costa. im getting it all
    X-Men Forever

In related news, Cates has suggested he's got a plan for several years (40-50 issues.)

https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1046168281978163200
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In related news, Cates has suggested he's got a plan for several years (40-50 issues.)

https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1046168281978163200
    If I'm right, wouldn't that make him the longest running writer on Venom? In terms of both years and issue numbers. Considering how well its doing, financially and critically, he deserves to go that long.

Astonishing Member

I wonder how they are going to bring Carnage back. It's really hard the situation:

1º) Cletus was bonded to another symbiote, then transformed into a Poison and left floating in space.

2º) Carnage's symbiote bonded with Norman Osborn, causing him to get even more nutso that he already was. (And I thought he couldn't get even crazier).

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I wonder how they are going to bring Carnage back. It's really hard the situation:

1º) Cletus was bonded to another symbiote, then transformed into a Poison and left floating in space.

2º) Carnage's symbiote bonded with Norman Osborn, causing him to get even more nutso that he already was. (And I thought he couldn't get even crazier).
    Easy, the Carnage Symbiote escapes, ends up in space and reconnects with Cletus who ends up gaining even more abilities due to the residue of the other things in his system.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

The Carnage symbiote was seemingly destroyed in a fiery explosion while trying to re-bond with Norman, which also broke Norman's mind to the point he believed he was Cletus Kasady and Spider-Man was Norman Osborn. Then again, symbiotes don't die that easily, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The Carnage symbiote was seemingly destroyed in a fiery explosion while trying to re-bond with Norman, which also broke Norman's mind to the point he believed he was Cletus Kasady and Spider-Man was Norman Osborn. Then again, symbiotes don't die that easily, so . . .
    Exactly, it might have been retconed since but in Planet of the Symbiotes, they clearly state Symbiotes can only truly die if they so choose. It would likely require a long time for one to recover from extreme trauma, however, its residue could still slowly regenerate. Take for example how many times the Venom Symbiote has seemingly been completely destroyed and then later returns.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-30-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Hope they make Carnage a threat again. I want Eddie to struggle against him
    X-Men Forever