Page 657 of 985 FirstFirst ... 157557607647653654655656657658659660661667707757 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,855 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    That part is so crazy to me. If you supported Sanders and then voted for Trump, you did not give a **** about any of the things Sanders does. Except maybe ending TPP. That's like the only thing.

If your content to let the country burn because your candidate didn't get the nom...man.
    It's like some other thing was driving their votes. Something that starts with 'm'.

Extraordinary Member

in some ways, except for the fact that Sarah Palin would've likely run for pres later, I almost wonder if we shoulda given them McCain.

I mean, all the good stuff Obama did has been reversed, and even his healthcare initiative was gutted from the start. If they had gotten McCain, maybe they wouldn't have been so butthurt into electing Trump.

Who knows. Plus Palin.
    No having the Democrats concede pretty much everything to W made them all spoiled and entitled and they were going to be averse to not getting their way. To them Obama was a speed bump they wanted to minimize until they could get power and undo everything before they got back in business

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's like some other thing was driving their votes. Something that starts with 'm'.

No not really

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No having the Democrats concede pretty much everything to W made them all spoiled and entitled and they were going to be averse to not getting their way. To them Obama was a speed bump they wanted to minimize until they could get power and undo everything before they got back in business
    Here's another place where you, Tarz and I probably have common ground -- Democrats tend to be way too forgiving of Republican malfeasance.

Bush, Cheney and Rumsfield (and many more from that entire administration) should have been locked up and never seen the light of day again -- preferably in Guantanamo Bay, just for the poetic justice of it all.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-16-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Here's another place where you, Tarz and I probably have common ground -- Democrats tend to be way too forgiving of Republican malfeasance.

Bush, Cheney and Rumsfield (and many more from that entire administration) should have been locked up and never seen the light of day again -- preferably in Guantanamo Bay, just for the poetic justice of it all.
    They all got such a free pass it’s disgusting

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Instead a couple of them have been appointed positions in Trump's administration.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    They all got such a free pass it’s disgusting
    I'm sure Obama meant well but he should have put the smack down -- as one article I recently read pointed out, not pursuing justice is an injustice in and of itself.

Instead a couple of them have been appointed positions in Trump's administration.
    I'm surprised Cheney and Rumsfield haven't shown up yet but Miller and Bannon (and Flynn and Manafort and Cohen and Sessions and Arpaio, etc) are more than reprehensible enough to take their place in the modern Republican Rogues Gallery.

Crazy to think Roger Stone was a part of both the Trump and the Nixon fiascoes -- he's like the Joker to Mueller's Batman.

The documentary of this will be crazier than any fiction -- the "hamberder" scene alone will be surreal.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-16-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Mighty Member

That part is so crazy to me. If you supported Sanders and then voted for Trump, you did not give a **** about any of the things Sanders does. Except maybe ending TPP. That's like the only thing.

If your content to let the country burn because your candidate didn't get the nom...man.
    The TPP was insidious as f**k, though Hillary greenlighting it as President wasn’t necessarily guaranteed (especially if there was a large enough public outcry against it).

Mighty Member

What if they pulled troops out of Vietnam and then were like, should we figure out we did wrong here or just ignore it?

Not that they ever did figure out what they did wrong, but you know. Some things require a lot of reflection.

The problem is, we reflect on it on the internet, where no one cares about being an ******* to the person they're arguing with.

in some ways, except for the fact that Sarah Palin would've likely run for pres later, I almost wonder if we shoulda given them McCain.

I mean, all the good stuff Obama did has been reversed, and even his healthcare initiative was gutted from the start. If they had gotten McCain, maybe they wouldn't have been so butthurt into electing Trump.

Who knows. Plus Palin.
    No. You don't give the bully your lunch money in the hope that will make him leave you alone tomorrow. When you give the bully your lunch money, it teaches him that he can come back tomorrow and do it all over again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    No. You don't give the bully your lunch money in the hope that will make him leave you alone tomorrow. When you give the bully your lunch money, it teaches him that he can come back tomorrow and do it all over again.
    Maybe so. I will say, one thing that has helped is I've pretty much stopped reading the news. So now I just glean all the dumb, unimportant **** that gets kicked around, like pictures of Big Macs. The important stuff that is actually central to destroying this country, I just kind of ignore now. It makes living in a country burning itself down a lot easier. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence that we're not going to relive it in 2020, so........
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence that we're not going to relive it in 2020, so........
    That's a fair point, you got me there.

I really think the only way to get out of this mess is to have a run of one term presidents for 4 terms. Coupled with the chambers swapping majority parties.

Then measured compromise can make it's comeback.

But it looks like we're going to see the death of a party in the next 6 years and it's probably the GOP.

So we're probably in for more extreme flip flopping until we balance out on a progressive incline OR ... we just die.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-16-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium