Page 780 of 985 FirstFirst ... 280680730770776777778779780781782783784790830880 ... LastLast
Results 11,686 to 11,700 of 14769

So what is the real reason for the wall stuff?

It ain't immigrants. Why do people in power want it?

Who is being paid if its made? I'd assume follow the money...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I am thinking it was just a xenophobia-feeding campaign slogan gone metastatic. People are claiming there is a fearsome threat, how they have to Do Something lest the Base revolt

Racism. Same reason as Brexit. People are too stupid to accept that their government fucked up or believe the scapegoating and thus think brown people are the problem.

Not to say there arent legitimate issues at times but their often overblown/created/exacerbated by government ineptitude. This way they get to stay in power.

Graham Vows to Investigate Whether ‘Bureaucratic Coup’ Tried to Oust Trump

WASHINGTON — Senator Lindsey Graham, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, vowed on Sunday to investigate whether the top officials at the Justice Department and the F.B.I. plotted an “attempted bureaucratic coup” to remove President Trump from office, and said he would subpoena the former F.B.I. director and the deputy attorney general if necessary.

Mr. Graham, Republican of South Carolina, was reacting to an interview in which the former F.B.I. deputy director, Andrew G. McCabe, confirmed an earlier New York Times report that the deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, had suggested wearing a wire in meetings with Mr. Trump and that Justice Department officials had discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office.

Mr. Rosenstein has disputed the account.

“I think everybody in the country needs to know if it happened,” Mr. Graham said on the CBS program “Face the Nation,” calling Mr. McCabe’s assertion “beyond stunning.” He added: “I’m going to do everything I can to get to the bottom of Department of Justice, F.B.I. behavior toward President Trump and his campaign.”

Asked by the program’s host, Margaret Brennan, if he would subpoena Mr. McCabe and Mr. Rosenstein to testify, Mr. Graham said, “How can I not if that’s what it takes?” He promised to have a hearing to find out “who’s telling the truth.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Man. If Jussie Smollett DID fake the whole thing...? What the fuck was he THINKING!?! I just...there's enough violence and hate in the world, why fake an assault? Why undermine people who ARE victims of hate crimes? Why give ammo to people who loudly call every accusation of rape, every instance of hate, a fake? WHY!?

This is just the latest reason that I feel like our entire species - particularly the males - are going the way of starving rats in a box that's sinking in the ocean...we're all feeling the end looming, and in our hunger, fear and desperation we're clawing and chewing through each other in a vain hope of getting out...

Incels. Neo-Nazis. Unite the Right. Patriot Prayer rallies. Proud Boys. People faking hate crimes and assaults. Bombings, shootings, rapes, Trump, Putin, Brexit, journalists being murdered and everyone shrugging, religious zealotry, LGBT+ people being murdered for simply existing...Is this what extinction feels like? Are we subconsciously sensing the end and just throwing out all the rules since we know, on some level, that it doesn't matter anymore? Has someone implemented a Screwfly Solution?

I just can't...what the fuck is this world we're living in, where everyone seems to be going insane, and how do we stop it? I want to get off.
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-17-2019 at 03:44 PM.

It's a Trump construction project. Nobody will end up getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    It's a Trump construction project. Nobody will end up getting paid.
    This could be it, I'd bet he thinks he'll be able to pocket some of that money by stiffing contractors like he normally does.

iMan 42s

An undocumented worker lacks references and usually a relative to stay with in country meaning that for all intents and purposes the employer can make them their bitch.

The people who loose their jobs over an illegal immigrant taking over has one or two things wrong;
    1. It's cheaper because they're an illegal entity who will end up working for less
    2. The job was shit anyways and you had been employed by someone morally and fiscally bankrupt to do that

This person in question as a result was probably not good enough with money anyways and likely set themselves up for failure by not building a credit score, being heavy in debt and or not very good at the job in the first place. Where I work we see people like this all the damn time.

Trump not only takes advantage of these people but he's also an America first kind of person which is why this hypocrisy exists. It's like a self-hate kind of thing further fueled by racism and varying degrees of Xenophobia. Does it work? No. But that's enough for the base who is too stupid or racist enough to care and so we fund ego-trips to make Trump feel good about his bankrupted morality.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Man. If Jussie Smollett DID fake the whole thing...? What the fuck was he THINKING!?! I just...there's enough violence and hate in the world, why fake an assault? Why undermine people who ARE victims of hate crimes? Why give ammo to people who loudly call every accusation of rape, every instance of hate, a fake? WHY!?

This is just the latest reason that I feel like our entire species - particularly the males - are going the way of starving rats in a box that's sinking in the ocean...we're all feeling the end looming, and in our hunger, fear and desperation we're clawing and chewing through each other in a vain hope of getting out...

Incels. Neo-Nazis. Unite the Right. Patriot Prayer rallies. Proud Boys. People faking hate crimes and assaults. Bombings, shootings, rapes, Trump, Putin, Brexit, journalists being murdered and everyone shrugging, religious zealotry, LGBT+ people being murdered for simply existing...Is this what extinction feels like? Are we subconsciously sensing the end and just throwing out all the rules since we know, on some level, that it doesn't matter anymore? Has someone implemented a Screwfly Solution?

I just can't...what the fuck is this world we're living in, where everyone seems to be going insane, and how do we stop it? I want to get off.
    From what I read so far, it is not so clear what happened. I agree, if he did fake it, it would be a really dumb thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    If the Smollet thing IS true then....

A. He's fucking insane.
    B. He's never working in any acting gig again since who wants that kind of lunacy.
    C. He's actively harming the LGBTQ commumity.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    On top of that, he fed into Trump’s “fake news” narrative after saying he had been attacked by MAGA Maggots. Right wingers will jump on that with both feet. I’m hoping this wasn’t a hoax, but questions are out there now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If he did orchestrate this he is a total asshole. People who have actually been victims of hate crimes and abuses have to deal with accusations of fabricating the incidents. Some never come forward for fear of these accusations. This guy may have made it so much easier for right wing pundits to brush aside claims of hate and discrimination.
    It is worth noting that they are investigating "If..."

That said, it seems like they no longer view him as a "Victim" and the specifics that they mentioned would be pretty easy for the press or Smollett's lawyer to pick apart if they are anything less than dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    From what I read so far, it is not so clear what happened. I agree, if he did fake it, it would be a really dumb thing to do.
    While I'd agree that it is still in "If..." territory, the local news here in Illinois is laying out a pretty specific narrative as well as saying that they want another interview with Smollett based on what the brothers have said now that they are cooperating witnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'll note the Chicago PD put out a statement on Friday that the attack did happen. It would seem some felt the need to spread "rumors" of the attack being faked becaus they're motivated by their politics more than reality. And they'd share the rumor rather than, y'know, let reality stand and let the story play out.

Which is disgusting to do to a victim of a hate crime, but some folks just want to find new lows everyday.
    While that post was about things that folks might have done to a victim of a hate crime, that last part could wind up holding up when it comes to what you are talking about.

Extraordinary Member

No we just live in a hyper connected world where we hear about all the fucked up shit everywhere instead of just in our own neighborhood. There’s more good than bad. They just don’t report on every plane that lands safety

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The wall represents Trump’s ultimate vanity project, something he can slap his name on (and probably will) and will be around to vex the country long after he’s gone.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!