Page 186 of 985 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286686 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 14769
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Monday Morning Massacre?
    Well, he needs something to keep the conservative voters energized on the way to the polls in November.

Doing something they all want him to do seems like a good way to get some GOP votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Well, he needs something to keep the conservative voters energized on the way to the polls in November.

Doing something they all want him to do seems like a good way to get some GOP votes.
    You mean all 35% of them? That's a very bad bet, very bad odds, for a gamble that isn't likely to pay out for the GOP.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Trump's not losing"?

So, let's see

Michael Cohen has turned on Trump
    Paul Manafort has turned on Trump
    Rick Gates, George Papadopoulos, Michael Flynn have all become cooperating witnesses.

Not to mention those who testified after being given Immunity.

If there wasn't anything there, there wouldn't be so many people talking. And the one person they are all talking about is Trump. If that doesn't define a loser, what does?

Here's everyone who has been charged and convicted in Mueller's Russia probe so far
    Ha, okay. Cool. His supporters and the republicans in general have definitely jumped ship and won't be voting for his re-election.

All of that stuff you mentioned would matter, except that none of it does, as far as Trump remaining president goes.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah but Trump's not losing.

People really need to stop looking to how things played out with Nixon. We live in a different fucking world.

It's interesting to compare the two scenarios, but Nixon does not inform what happens with Trump.
    Exactly. Today's GOP doesn't have anyone with the stature or integrity of a senator Barry Goldwater, a Senator Howard Baker or anyone who places the Constitution, the rule of law and just good old integrity above party partisanship.

Mighty Member

You mean all 35% of them? That's a very bad bet, very bad odds, for a gamble that isn't likely to pay out for the GOP.
    Maybe, but in 2016 seemed like a bad gamble that wouldn't likely pay out for the GOP too.

So...not getting my hopes up.

Mighty Member

Look, things look nuts to us. To us.

To the people that voted for him, a Monday Morning Massacre would look like exactly what they elected him for.

I'm sure there are many drain the swamp hashtags on Twitter attached to the news of firing Rosenstein.

I know this, because I watch my conservative, Trump loving family in Texas post about how bravely Trump is fighting the Deep State that is working so hard to take him down, all so his agenda can save the American people from the ruin that Obama/Hillary/etc. are all certain to bring, and are trying to bring about.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Exactly. Today's GOP doesn't have anyone with the stature or integrity of a senator Barry Goldwater, a Senator Howard Baker or anyone who places the Constitution, the rule of law and just good old integrity above party partisanship.
    True.

However, The (G)ray (O)ld (P)edophiles have plenty of wife beating abusers, child molesters & perverts that they continue to try to appoint to higher office. Pretty consistent bunch.

People really need to stop looking to how things played out with Nixon. We live in a different fucking world.

It's interesting to compare the two scenarios, but Nixon does not inform what happens with Trump.
    That's what they said about Clinton.

That's what they said about HW Bush.

That's what they said about Nixon.

That's what they said about Hoover.

That's what they said about Buchanan.

Jackson, Harding, and Johnson, too.

It's like you've never read a history book or something.

vvvvvv
    Mathematically speaking, unless the GOP somehow DRASTICALLY (and I'm talking national level gerrymandering) alters the ability to vote, the current GOP has 1, maybe 2 more elections they can win before our population spills and tilts in a way they can never recover form unless they change.

I see the GOP going the way of the Whigs in my lifetime because they're making the same mistakes all over again.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ha, okay. Cool. His supporters and the republicans in general have definitely jumped ship and won't be voting for his re-election.

All of that stuff you mentioned would matter, except that none of it does, as far as Trump remaining president goes.

And how does he win with only the 24% of voters who are Republicans?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Dude, I ask myself that question every day about how he won in 2016.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Unless we can fix this voter apathy, the GOP may still have good shot at keeping some seats. I have some relatives in their 30s that say they never vote. I think they're starting to realize why they should.

Mighty Member

Well, I guess I'll shut up about this.

You guys seem pretty well prepared to expect the best possible outcome is going to happen in this. I have no idea how, since I assume you were all pretty well disappointed on election night two years ago.

I don't know how you guys can expect anything from anyone, but whatever. As I have said 1 million times in this thread, I hope you are all right, about everything.

There is no way I am going to sit here and expect it though.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Trump financers Deutsche Bank got a major slap in the face today:

Germany’s banking authority BaFin ordered a representative to monitor Deutsche Bank. The person will oversee the bank’s measures to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing.
    https://twitter.com/HandelsblattGE/s...28711778848768
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Partly the electoral college, which results in one voter in Wyoming being worth 4 voters in California. This is made worse by the winner take all system in most states. Eventually one third of all voters will control two thirds of the senate as the urban/rural divide increases.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. Trump would have been unelectable when Nixon was in office. Nixon would have been gone long before now if he had all of Trump’s baggage. Hint: there’s a reason they want to force this SC Justice through.