Page 296 of 985 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396796 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Texas is normally a +15 and never purple in a General.

The fact that it went purple in 2016 and that the current Senate race is under 10 means that it should happen in the next general or 2. Maybe 3.

The flip is coming baring some major changes to voting.
    But many of the 'flyover' states are losing their senior Dems to make up for it, and the purplish states currently in Republican hands are ramping up voter supression to make sure they don't go back. And I'm pretty sure Kavanaugh is going to vote to support both voter supression and gerrymandering.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'd rather the Dems get the House and follow up on getting Trump to release his tax returns. And open up an investigation on his violation of the emoluments clause in the constitution to see how his company is profiting from his position as President.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'd rather the Dems get the House and follow up on getting Trump to release his tax returns. And open up an investigation on his violation of the emoluments clause in the constitution to see how his company is profiting from his position as President.
    The focus is the House, from what I' ve seen. The Senate would be a welcome bonus. The trick for the Senate is keeping it close to 50-50, even if the Dems can't win.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oy vay. We are actually at the point where the POTUS 's package is being discussed. But he asked for it
    I wonder if Melania will defend her man

Maybe Stormy has found a way to shut him up
    Of course Melania will defend her man. Those fat alimony checks after she’s inevitably dumped in favor of a younger European model depend on her loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Someone should start questioning whether he has..one at all. Even money says the we are the generation that sees the Pres send a d### pic on twitter.
    I’ll pass on that, thankyouverymuch. Is THIS what we’ve come to as a country?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Trump-loving Nevada brothel owner Dennis Hof suddenly dies amid run for State Assembly seat

The 72-year-old Hof said that he was inspired to run for public office after watching President Donald Trump’s successful 2016 presidential campaign.

“This really is the Trump movement,” the late pimp told Reuters earlier this year. “People will set aside for a moment their moral beliefs, their religious beliefs, to get somebody that is honest in office. Trump is the trailblazer, he is the Christopher Columbus of honest politics.”

Cause of death is undetermined as of yet, but my best guess is he choked on his own bullshit.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm not placing my faith in polls. Let's ride it out and see what happens in November.
    Yep.

That is the only set of numbers that is actually going to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The focus is the House, from what I' ve seen. The Senate would be a welcome bonus. The trick for the Senate is keeping it close to 50-50, even if the Dems can't win.
    I don't know about "Focus". It's just the more realistic possibility. While there were some rosy numbers early on when it came to the Senate, they won't mean much if it doesn't break that way on election day.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-16-2018 at 01:43 PM.

The numbers for the Senate are tough. 8 Reps vs 22 Dems running for re-election. 2020 will favor the Dems in the Senate.
    The House is a must this year.
    Let's hope they don't suppress enough votes to steal it this time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I guess it is time to admit that, unless something MAJOR happens between now and November, Texas, and with it the Senate, will remain red.

Watching all the lying ads being aired I'm not surprised at the polls, but I've seen a surprising number of Beto signs posted up so I'm going to withhold judgement until Nov 7th when the results are in.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yep.

That is the only set of numbers that is actually going to matter.

I don't know about "Focus". It's just the more realistic possibility. While there were some rosy numbers early on when it came to the Senate, they won't mean much if it doesn't break that way on election day.
    The Dems need to try and contest every race they can - you never know until the election, and not bothering to fight those races is how they ended up in the situation they are in now, with the Republicans fighting every small race until they could rewrite the rules in thier favor.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think the House is the one people were hoping to turn.

Senate was a long shot.
    I agree with this statement. As someone else mentioned, the Senate map in 2018 doesn't really favor Democrats. Just a quick reminder that Obama's re-election in 2012 was the year in which the Senate actually gained Democratic seats. For all intents and purposes, Obama won two elections in a modern-day landslide, with people up and down the ballot in his party winning, at the very least, the popular vote (the House stayed Republican because of a ridiculously gerrymandered country all around). With the chance for pick-ups in general favoring Republicans, I think we can expect for the Senate to stay Republican. However, if Democrats can keep the Senate 52-48 or even closer, I think most people in the party would consider that a win. It's not great but it really is true that the map just isn't favorable for them. If they can come in in 2020 and ride Trump out of office along with a ton of Senate seats in a map more favorable to them, I think we can anticipate all houses of government controlled by Democrats in 2021 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Due to demographic trends, the Senate may need a generation in order to flip.
    I don't think so. It was just as recent as 2014 when Democrats had control of the Senate. The issue is that they got walloped in the 2014 mid-terms and Clinton didn't lead to a lot of pick-ups for Democrats either. Given their last set of massive gains in the Senate are now up for re-election in this cycle, it was a case of mostly bad circumstance. We'll see how things shake out after 2020 but the best Democrats can reasonably hope for is that Democrats don't net lose more than two seats. Everything above that is a bonus.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Dems need to try and contest every race they can - you never know until the election, and not bothering to fight those races is how they ended up in the situation they are in now, with the Republicans fighting every small race until they could rewrite the rules in thier favor.
    Sure.

That said, fielding even a competent alternative probably isn't going to change the bigger picture in a lot of races. It will just give you a shot when it comes to some of the races that might be toss ups.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    With the chance for pick-ups in general favoring Republicans, I think we can expect for the Senate to stay Republican. However, if Democrats can keep the Senate 52-48 or even closer, I think most people in the party would consider that a win.
    The Senate's current make-up is 51 Republicans and 49 Democrats (47 Ds, 2 Independents that caucus with the Dems).

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The latest funny FB meme Trump supporters have decided to post is one mocking Martin Sheen as a bad parent for having a drug addicted son like Charlie Sheen while Trump is portrayed as a great father with no kids on drugs. But as I pointed out to a Trump supporter , from a NY Post article in 2017....that is more on Ivana Trump who raised her 3 kids while Donald did little beyond seeing the kids at times. Ivana even brings up how Donald doesn't know how to speak to kids and she said she raised them herself pretty much.

Yet the response from Trump supporters.. "So what , the woman usually stayed at home and in the kitchen..." or "Lying liberal media..."

Its like some weird aspect that they wanna put this father of the year on Donald Trump now , after they believed he was religious comically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The Senate's current make-up is 51 Republicans and 49 Democrats (47 Ds, 2 Independents that caucus with the Dems).
    I knew that. But I think that Democrats might have to swallow the fact that they might actually net one loss in the upcoming mid-terms. That's just the nature of getting a comparably bad map.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The latest funny FB meme Trump supporters have decided to post is one mocking Martin Sheen as a bad parent for having a drug addicted son like Charlie Sheen while Trump is portrayed as a great father with no kids on drugs. But as I pointed out to a Trump supporter , from a NY Post article in 2017....that is more on Ivana Trump who raised her 3 kids while Donald did little beyond seeing the kids at times. Ivana even brings up how Donald doesn't know how to speak to kids and she said she raised them herself pretty much.

Yet the response from Trump supporters.. "So what , the woman usually stayed at home and in the kitchen..." or "Lying liberal media..."

Its like some weird aspect that they wanna put this father of the year on Donald Trump now , after they believed he was religious comically.
    Another question here would be whether anyone has had anything bad to say about how Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, or the Clintons raised their kids?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets