Page 531 of 985 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 14769
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yes, what's happening in Yemen is an ongoing tragedy. That's why 98% of Dems voted the way they did and 2% did not. What's your point? That 2% of Dems sucked on this vote? That's a good point and I agree with it. Now, if your argument was that it sucks that it took this long to get here, then yeah I'd agree with that too. What's happening in Yemen is monstrously awful.

But if your argument is '2% of Dems in congress voted badly so this means Dems are the same as Republicans', as 30 is, then get out of here with that noise.
    I agree with you on most of what you said. But WHY do you guys get upset with me when I mention SPECIFICALLY These type of Democrats? Where have I EVER said all Democrats?

I'm pretty sure I limit my disgust with the Democratic party to

1)Establishment
    2)Corporate
    3)Blue Dogs

We disagree on some things Tendrin but have you ever seen me just blast the whole party for being like the Republicans, or just certain Democrats Like Donnelly, Manchin, and these 5 morons.

I have NEVER said Democrats and Republicans are the same. But I will NOTE that SOME Democrats are GOP Lite and LOVE them a good war.

Hence why Barbara Lee is the most progressive in the House as she was the only one to vote against the Invasion of Iraq.
    So unless you can cite a post where I say they are the same outside of the 3 above for some of them, please post it.

Otherwise, you know full well I'm not talking about ALL Democrats.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    People laughed because the media was ridiculously biased and didn't actually tell her story correctly. She sued because the Coffee was needlessly and dangerously hot despite there being several other court cases showing that this was an issue. Her initial claim was merely for 20,000 which was the bare minimum to cover her health care. She had third degree burns on her genitals FFS !
    I saw some of the burns and man, that was terrible.
    In America, if you have no money, you are seen as worthless.
    You are barely worth mentioning. Meanwhile **** like this happens.

And **** like this happens...

My Boy Rasheed Mohammed did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I agree with you on most of what you said. But WHY do you guys get upset with me when I mention SPECIFICALLY These type of Democrats? Where have I EVER said all Democrats?
    Dude. You jumped in on me and when I was telling 30 to knock off 'both parties are the same' nonsense.

The "Pro-Life" party, everybody.

I kept telling people that a GOP presidency would kill me. Some folks didn't wanna listen in favor of purity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    So... will Wisconsin's Scott Walker be remembered for going out like an autocrat by signing the GOP power grab into law...

... or for having no understanding of how Venn diagrams works?

No such thing as a Moderate or honest Republican. They literally just crave power and money. That's it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Dude. You jumped in on me and when I was telling 30 to knock off 'both parties are the same' nonsense.
    You're correct I did after re-reading it, I did come off like a D%$k. But one of the downsides to the Internet currently is mistaking sarcasm for kinda attacks.
    My apologies I forget sometimes how some folks can trigger other folks, which triggers folk like me. :P

-peace be with you.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And people thought Republicans had neglected or forgotten their jihad to kill Obamacare. Even with Trump up to his eyebrows in alligators, the GOP finally followed through on their sacred promise to kill the poor, the sick and the disabled. Yeah, pro-life party indeed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

In the final days of House GOP control they have opened up a new investigation.

Into somebody's emails.

You get one guess.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The "Pro-Life" party, everybody.
    They were never pro-life. They're pro-fetus. Like George Carlin said, "They're all for the unborn, but once you're born, you're on your own."

It was on this day in both 2014, as well as 2015, that we published our original "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" profiles of former Michigan Congressman Dan Benishek, a three term Congressman who has repeatedly come under investigation for FEC violations during his three campaigns for office. He caught plenty of heat in for trying to continue to accept his Congressional paychecks during the 2013 Government Shutdown, only caving after a week of complaints from his district, and is one of the many Republicans who voted against relief aid for victims of Hurricane Sandy. Benishek is also a prolific denier of climate change, trying to claim he was a climate change scientist, himself, because he had taken biology courses in college, and denying any peer-reviewed evidence of man-made climate change exists (in spite of 97% of peer reviews saying it does). Since Benishek reluctantly retired after promising to do so after serving three terms in Congress

In both 2016, as well as 2017, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” posted profiles of Marty Knollenberg, a member of the Michigan State Senate since 2014, after he elevated himself from the Michigan House of Representatives after serving on that body from 2007 through 2013. Back in December of 2015, where a discussion was being held about educational disparities between different demographics in the state when it was noted that the date showed students who were struggling were students of color (whose predominantly minority school districts are coincidentally also provided less funding), Marty Knollenberg shrugged it off, saying "You mention why these schools districts fail, and you mention economically disadvantaged and non-white population are contributors to that. And we can’t fix that. We can’t make an African-American white. That’s just, it is what it is.

Knollenberg, after facing widespread criticism for saying something that racist, went with the typical and lazy response that his comments were taken out of context (even though there is video of his entire statement), and giving an even more pathetic defense against racism of the "I have a black friend" vein, noting that he had an African-American employee. Because, y'know, you just can't be racist if you actually pay a minority for work they actually do. Knollenberg then made headlines less than three months later when he was accused of assaulting an Oakland County clerk after a "State of the County" address, grabbing her arm and squeezing after she tried walking away from him. As a legislator, Knollenberg has voted to begin drug testing welfare recipients, voted for law enforcement to conduct roadside saliva drug tests if they feel, in their judgment, a driver might be under the influence of drugs (Nevermind the Fourth Amendment implications), voted for stricter Voter ID laws in Michigan, to combat the statistically nonexistent problem of "in person voter fraud", for stricter regulations on abortion clinics that would shut down most, if not all of the abortion clinics in Michigan, and drafted legislation to handle the truly important issues, like trying to commission special license plates that say “Chose Life” on them. (Even Gov. Rick Snyder vetoed that stupid idea.)

Back in 2014, a year where Republicans dominated, Marty Knollenberg brought in a respectable 58% of the vote, thanks in part to name recognition (his daddy was a former U.S. Congressman) campaigning about how atrocious pot holes are in Michigan's highways (there's bipartisan agreement on that). In 2018, however, the Blue Wave mercifully swept away the career of the younger Knollenberg, with Democrat Mallory McMorrow defeating him with 52% of the vote. It seems like we’ve seen the last of him, at least for now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And people thought Republicans had neglected or forgotten their jihad to kill Obamacare. Even with Trump up to his eyebrows in alligators, the GOP finally followed through on their sacred promise to kill the poor, the sick and the disabled. Yeah, pro-life party indeed.
    I suppose Judges have to give rulings consistent with the law...and patently must be independent...but the judge here seems to have gone out of his way to allow an esoteric interpretation of the law to act against the best interests of justice.

Ruling that Congress’s removal of the tax penalty meant that they must have wished to remove O’Bama care completely looks very debate-able at least.

A more common sense judge...say the great Lord Denning of long ago...would simply have argued if Congress and the Senate wanted to repeal all O’Bama care, they could have done so in a completely straightforward way...and because they hadn’t they must want the care to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    They were never pro-life. They're pro-fetus. Like George Carlin said, "They're all for the unborn, but once you're born, you're on your own."
    You know that. And I know that. And some people here know that. But it must be reiterated again and again and again. The party that claims to be "pro-life" is cheering at the possibility that cancer patients won't be able to get health insurance anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I suppose Judges have to give rulings consistent with the law...and patently must be independent...but the judge here seems to have gone out of his way to allow an esoteric interpretation of the law to act against the best interests of justice.

Ruling that Congress’s removal of the tax penalty meant that they must have wished to remove O’Bama care completely looks very debate-able at least.

A more common sense judge...say the great Lord Denning of long ago...would simply have argued if Congress and the Senate wanted to repeal all O’Bama care, they could have done so in a completely straightforward way...and because they hadn’t they must want the care to continue.
    This was the entire reason for the removal of the tax penalty. It's an end run around the Roberts Court protection of Obama care to give him a way to go against his previous ruling.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

DHS Secretary Blames Migrant Family For Child’s Harrowing Death

“This family chose to cross illegally,” Kirstjen Nielsen said in a Fox News interview Friday. Remember, folks, this bitch is a member of the "Party of Life".

Lindsey Graham Has No Problem With Trump ‘Lying About Sex’

“I think most people would lie to protect their family,” the Republican senator told Fox News. It's amazing how far Republicans will go to protect a man who'll throw them under the nearest Greyhound the second it becomes convienient for him.

Pacific Life Yanks Ads After Tucker Carlson’s Dig That Immigrants Make U.S. ‘Dirtier’

“Our customer base and our workforce reflect the diversity of our great nation,” the insurance company said after ditching the Fox News show. Nothing like tolerance of others from Faux News, right?

Cory Booker, Likely 2020 Contender, Says He Supports Green New Deal

He joins Sen. Bernie Sanders in backing the plan to combat climate change, and becomes the second likely presidential candidate to do so. I find this most heartening.

Twitter Users Warn Mick Mulvaney On The Dangers Of Being Trump’s Chief Of Staff

One Twitter user compared being Trump’s chief of staff to being chief steward on the Titanic. Gotta just LOVE all this snark!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!