Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    So I grew up North Shore of MA. A bunch of gas lines all over the cities of Lawrence, Andover, and North Andover caught fire. Peoples houses were literally getting blown up last night. My mom lives right down the street from it. Said it’s like a freaking warzone.
    They were rowing boats down the streets in Houston during the last hurricane -- I had about six family members who lost homes and still haven't permanently relocated.

One guy I talked to said he lost everything and all he got from the government in compensation was a $10K relief payout -- at least he was working but if he didn't have that income you have to wonder how things would have turned out for him.

Naturally all the prices on housing went up as well -- the family members I mentioned are paying about an extra $200-$300 a month in rent in their new apartments, while a few others are staying at the hotel shelters.

Meanwhile, the Republicans are taking our tax money and spending it on warfare and detention camps for refugees and children instead of focusing on taking care of American citizens in need.

Edit: Not to mention ignoring climate change -- and actually promoting coal and fossil fuels -- like suicidal idiots.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-14-2018 at 07:17 AM.