Page 178 of 985 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 14769
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump Praises ‘Great Gentleman’ Brett Kavanaugh Despite Sexual Assault Allegation

“Why didn’t somebody call the FBI 36 years ago?” the president says of his Supreme Court nominee’s accuser. I dunno, perhaps because the Feds aren't brought into rape cases. Just a guess.

GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski Just Got Even More Pressure To Vote Against Brett Kavanaugh

Alaska Gov. Bill Walker (I) and Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott (D) announced their opposition to the Supreme Court nominee. The ball's in your court, Lisa.

GOP Congressman Uses Alleged Kavanaugh Sexual Assault To Crack A Joke

Quite a stand-up routine from Rep. Ralph Norman! Oh, WBEEEEEEEE....!

White House Brags About Trump’s ‘Historic Recovery Effort In Puerto Rico’

In the year since Hurricane Maria, conditions for storm survivors remain dire. But in the eyes of Caramel Caligula, it's a great success. SMDH.

Father Of Parkland Shooting Victim Sculpts Haunting Image Of Child Hiding Under Desk

Manuel Oliver created “The Last Lockdown” partially using 3D printing.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It gets better. The guy they are trying to pass off the blame to? He was one of the alums who signed a letter attesting to Kavanaugh's character!

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1042965763613777921

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It gets better. The guy they are trying to pass off the blame to? He was one of the alums who signed a letter attesting to Kavanaugh's character!

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1042965763613777921
    Oh, this is hilarious! No honor among thieves here!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, this is hilarious! No honor among thieves here!
    He's a middle school teacher. Maybe they offered him a couple of mill for an early retirement if he takes this one for the team?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    He's a middle school teacher. Maybe they offered him a couple of mill for an early retirement if he takes this one for the team?
    A couple million? Sheeeeee-it! Not nearly enough, homeslice! I'd ask for five, minimum!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A couple million? Sheeeeee-it! Not nearly enough, homeslice! I'd ask for five, minimum!
    The Mercers would probably cough up that much to get rid of safe abortions in the US.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The Mercers would probably cough up that much to get rid of safe abortions in the US.
    Republicans hate women. Notice there are no laws concerning men's bodies, only women.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Republicans hate women. Notice there are no laws concerning men's bodies, only women.
    Now the fake twitter accounts are attacking Prof. Ford en masse.

It would be nice if everyone here with a twitter account could report this tweet (and the barrage of other tweets today from the same account) for targeted harrassment.

I'm fighting windmills again, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Now the fake twitter accounts are attacking Prof. Ford en masse.

It would be nice if everyone here with a twitter account could report this tweet (and the barrage of other tweets today from the same account) for targeted harrassment.

I'm fighting windmills again, I know.
    All this heavy lifting and Twitter fakery to confirm a judge who'll protect Trump from impeachment proceedings and help kill Roe v. Wade. Things that make you go hmmmmmm....!

This may be an unpopular thought.

But let’s be radical..and assume it’s not impossible that Kavaungh may be innocent....and is certainly entitled to be treated as such until the case is proven in court.

Then..don’t some of Prof Ford’s requirements for giving testimony seem deeply troubling?

(In effect she wants to impose conditions that would remove the accused rights to rebut specific points she may make..she requires him to testify first, then not speak again after her evidence. I think in practically any other context a liberal humanitarian would be appalled at that suggested “methodology”.)

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    This may be an unpopular thought.

But let’s be radical..and assume it’s not impossible that Kavaungh may be innocent....and is certainly entitled to be treated as such until the case is proven in court.

Then..don’t some of Prof Ford’s requirements for giving testimony seem deeply troubling?

(In effect she wants to impose conditions that would remove the accused rights to rebut specific points she may make..she requires him to testify first, then not speak again after her evidence. I think in practically any other context a liberal humanitarian would be appalled at that suggested “methodology”.)
    You're already starting off at a wrong premise: This is not a trial. This is a job interview, and he has already been caught lying, he has been shown to have bad judgment coming out of his wazoo (going into debt for baseball tickets, blackout drinking into his adult years, supporting Trump). Now you have a credible accusation of attempted rape. You don't really need to treat this like a criminal trial.

Hillary was right!

You're already starting off at a wrong premise: This is not a trial. This is a job interview, and he has already been caught lying, he has been shown to have bad judgment coming out of his wazoo (going into debt for baseball tickets, blackout drinking into his adult years, supporting Trump). Now you have a credible accusation of attempted rape. You don't really need to treat this like a criminal trial.
    Are you really comfortable with Prof Ford’s suggested requirements being met?

Effectively she’s making it impossible at an important hearing probing his character for him to put his case fairly.

I don’t like the guy anymore than you, but that’s irrelevant.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 09-21-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Agreed. Maybe I'm being ridiculous, but I worry that if Professor Ford does testify, Republicans on the panel, in their zeal to fast track Kavanaugh's nomination might well treat it like a criminal trial and come down on her like the proverbial ton of bricks. Sure, chances are that tack would almost definitely blow up in the GOP's faces like a bomb in the court of public opinion, but I suspect that wouldn't stop them. They have to protect the nominee who'll protect Trump, so all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Are you really comfortable with Prof Ford’s suggested requirements being met?

Effectively she’s making it impossible at an important open hearing probing his character for him to put his case fairly.

I don’t like the guy anymore than you, but that’s irrelevant.

Yes I am comfortable.

Several women have come forward saying that, yes, they have been assaulted or raped, no they did not come forward at the time, but yes, they would absolutely do so if the person was up for a major public office. She has made her own life a lot more difficult by coming forward. She is willing to talk to the FBI (lying to them would be a crime), he is not willing to do that.
    She is entitled not to do this the way the GOP wants to, because they cannot be trusted here.

And again, this all could be avoided if just 2 or 3 GOP senators would say: we have seen too many sketchy details about this guy, let's see the next candidate on Trump's list who doesn't have as much baggage.

Hillary was right!

Yes I am comfortable.

Several women have come forward saying that, yes, they have been assaulted or raped, no they did not come forward at the time, but yes, they would absolutely do so if the person was up for a major public office. She has made her own life a lot more difficult by coming forward. She is willing to talk to the FBI (lying to them would be a crime), he is not willing to do that.
    She is entitled not to do this the way the GOP wants to, because they cannot be trusted here.

And again, this all could be avoided if just 2 or 3 GOP senators would say: we have seen too many sketchy details about this guy, let's see the next candidate on Trump's list who doesn't have as much baggage.
    Chances are that won't happen. Republicans either fear Trump too much to do the right thing, or, they just don't give a **** that Kavanaugh is bad news for the bench. My money's on the latter.