Page 629 of 985 FirstFirst ... 129529579619625626627628629630631632633639679729 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I was skeptical about her at first, but the lady is really winning me over quickly.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    And the vast majority of those probably self-identify as "Christians".
    Religious fundamentalists are relatively easy to spot, sure.

I was skeptical about her at first, but the lady is really winning me over quickly.

"Ocasio-Cortez is not the future of the Democratic Party," says ancient past of the Democratic Party.

So is empathy, though.

Wondering what made Republicans lose their natural empathy.
    Embracing the philosophies Ayn Rand, and elevating charlatan Evangelical preachers who place personal greed and power as a virtue over charity and kindness. It's not by accident, the "messaging" that conservative think tanks created to amplify a perversion of morality as "values" to their base over the course of decades, particularly during the Bush years with Fox News as the primary amplifier.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

They do realize that "Surviving R. Kelly" was made by a black woman?
    I suspect they knew, but just didn't care. It sounded to me like they were on an anti-white screed where facts didn't matter worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Just when you thought Republicans couldn't possibly sink any lower, they find brand new depths to plumb, and plumb it with a vengeance.

So is empathy, though.

Wondering what made Republicans lose their natural empathy.
    My guess would be their endless pursuit of power and their intolerance of anything and everything that wasn't white, male, rich and straight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Same reason Twitter keeps lying to me when they e-mail me to tell me they checked the tweets I reported and found nothing wrong with them, even though they clearly were in violation of their TOS: They are greedy and let bad algorithms do the work human beings would do better.
    Either that or they're just too lazy to police their own search engine.

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

AOC is winning me over as well. She's going to drive the old farts on both sides of the aisle batshit insane, and have the time of her life doing it. Young, capable, don't-give-a-****-about-protocol firebrands like her is what the Dems need.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    AOC is winning me over as well. She's going to drive the old farts on both sides of the aisle batshit insane, and have the time of her life doing it. Young, capable, don't-give-a-****-about-protocol firebrands like her is what the Dems need.
    Of course, she is now going through what a young Hillary did. In 20 years, people might say she has too much baggage.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Muslim immigrant won the vote to maintain his position as Vice-Chair of the Republican party of the third most populated county of Texas by a 139-49 margin.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/01...i-vote-muslim/
    I'm curious if he was actually surprised by the behaviour of his fellow party members.

Edit: I guess he isn't judging by his comments.
    Why would he continue to be such a staunch supporter of a party that outright vilifies his religion? Self hatred?
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 01-11-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

The House has just approved a bill that would ensure back pay for the federal workers missing paychecks due to the shutdown. The measure passed 411-7. All seven 'no' votes came from Republicans.

Justin Amash (R-Michigan) Andy Biggs (R-Arizona) Paul Gosar (R-Arizona) Glenn Grothman (R-Wisconsin) Thomas Massie (R-Kentucky) Chip Roy (R-Texas) Ted Yoho (R-Florida)
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 01-11-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'm curious if he was actually surprised by the behaviour of his fellow party members.

Edit: I guess he isn't judging by his comments.
    Why would he continue to be such a staunch supporter of a party that outright vilifies his religion? Self hatred?
    He could be a believer in the other stuff the GoP stands (or claims to stand) for, and still hoping that the bigotry is relegated to a few, well, bigots.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Alabama Congressman and "War on Whites" veteran Mo Brooks lost his goddamned mind with John Brennan on CNN this morning, comparing the lack of a border wall to 9-11, and when confronted about his hypocrisy on a president's ability to use executive power on immigration during the Obama administration today, flipped his s*** completely, claiming 15,000 Americans are dying because of Mexicans able to cross the border ANNUALLY and that CNN is biased against his viewpoint.

The GOP is insane.

The House has just approved a bill that would ensure back pay for the federal workers missing paychecks due to the shutdown. The measure passed 411-7. All seven 'no' votes came from Republicans.

Justin Amash (R-Michigan) Andy Biggs (R-Arizona) Paul Gosar (R-Arizona) Glenn Grothman (R-Wisconsin) Thomas Massie (R-Kentucky) Chip Roy (R-Texas) Ted Yoho (R-Florida)
    Well, looks like I might have to get around to profiling Andy Biggs and Chip Roy. The other five are CSGOPOTD alumni.

EDIT: Roy was in the queue for September 2019 already. Biggs is there now, don't know when I'll get around to him.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 01-11-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My biggest concern about AOC, is that she may be moving too fast and may burn out too quickly or that if she makes a mistake (she is, after all, a freshman), it might make for a very short career.

When the public latches on to someone, that person can easily fall off their pedestal.

Another problem may be that she lets this go to her head and loses her way. Or gains some much attention that she can't get anything done, that she becomes the Congressional 'Red Shirt'.

That kind of early popularity has a number of pitfalls.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.