Page 539 of 985 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 14769
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Given the general impotency and failure to lockstep, those false Conservatives will whine, wear tinfoil hats, and fade away.

I'd be more concerned that this weakness we're seeing from Trump will lead to WWIII.
    I am concerned about that too.

But for the former, it doesn't have to be a concerted effort. I mean, Timothy McVeigh and the people he hung out with networked by handing out pamphlets at Waco. There's a whole internet now.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It should be noted that Kid Jackboot is only 33! I'm pushing 60, but have more hair than him. This is what happens when you're so goddamned EVIL, your hair betrays you by falling out early.
    But... but... Lex said it was because of the chemicals Superboy (maliciously) blew on to him...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Oh you mean like how people forgot that the last Republican administration

-ruined a surplus with tax cuts
    -involved us in the most shameful farce of a war since Vietnam. Probably worse
    -deestabilized the Middle East and allowed ISIS to be born
    -we’re negligent in allowing the worst terrorist attack on US soil to occur
    -allowed an economic recession that thrust the world into chaos
    Kinda like right now. Lol.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Popcorn time everybody! The Flynn sentencing is under way!

Flynn sentencing marks keystone moment in Mueller investigation.

Mueller Ready to Pounce on Trumpworld Concessions to Moscow. New court filings by Mueller’s office could answer a central question of the Russia investigation: What did the Kremlin hope to get from its political machinations?

'Arguably, you sold your country out!' Judge says Michael Flynn's crime is serious.

At sentencing hearing, judge tells Michael Flynn: ‘Arguably, you sold your country out.’

"You were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the National Security Adviser to the president!"

"I'm not hiding my disgust, my disdain, for this criminal offense. Arguably you sold your country out."

Judge: "Does the defendant's conduct rise to the level of treasonous activity?"
    Team Mueller: "We did not consider charging Flynn with treason."
    Judge: "Could he have been charged with treason?”
    Team Mueller: "It’s such a serious question, I’m hesitant to answer it."
    *Judge presses more*
    TM: "We have no reason to believe that Mr. Flynn committed treason *LONG pause* and no concerns over issues related to treason."
    Judge: "It appears Gen. Flynn's co-conspirators will be facing treason."
    Team Muller: "We did not consider treason, Your Honor."

Judge Sullivan is pulling no punches.

The veiled references to conspirators appears to be Junior/Kushner, given the context.

Flynn admits he knew lying to the FBI was a crime.

Judge broke for recess.
    And Judge Sullivan is black. That’s bound to drive Trump batshit furious.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Kinda like right now. Lol.
    The Trump Administration is the W. Bush Administration on steroids, lol.

Trump’s Abominable Administration has just taken absurdity to an all new level:

White House: Trump asks federal agencies to contribute to border wall funding

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I am legitimately concerned about what is going to happen from the group of people who view pro-Trump voters as the only patriots and the left as America-hating commies, and that believe the entire investigation and Mueller, Comey, Rosenstein, and the list of everyone involved are deeply rooted in a plot to take down a duly elected president, and in fact the only president who represents the values of real Americans, and a conspiracy to protect Hillary, Obama, et al, from prison, etc.

To that group of people...I mean, these are the ideas that lead to...not good things.
    Don't forget that a large part of those voices on social media are not actually real Americans.

The small crowd size at the inauguration proved that many of those extremists can't show up at the polls or at an armed protest. Doesn't mean they are not dangerous, of course.

But I mean... look at this account. It's like 80 posts per hour, all day long. Clearly a full time job for several people:

https://twitter.com/bbusa617

Or this "lady" - reverse image search shows she stole the pics of a Serbian TV singing contest participant:

https://twitter.com/MagaAna4
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Flynn's sentencing is going well... Remember that Mueller suggested no jail time because of all the dirt Flynn gave him (on Trump, presumably...)

Judge Sullivan tells Flynn that serving as unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as National Security Adviser means “arguably you sold your country out.” Judge says he can’t hide his “my disgust, my disdain.” Flynn and lawyers seemed stunned.
    https://twitter.com/evanperez/status...72825264885760

The judge will let Flynn wait for his sentence a while longer.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

And Judge Sullivan is black. That’s bound to drive Trump batshit furious.
    I've been saying things like, "If Flynn didn't want to go to jail, maybe he shouldn't dress that way."

"All Crimes Matter."

"Get over it."

To my whiney, Trumpy family.
    Trump’s Abominable Administration has just taken absurdity to an all new level:

White House: Trump asks federal agencies to contribute to border wall funding
    And we'll all give him the finger!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Flynn's sentencing is going well... Remember that Mueller suggested no jail time because of all the dirt Flynn gave him (on Trump, presumably...)

https://twitter.com/evanperez/status...72825264885760

The judge will let Flynn wait for his sentence a while longer.
    We kinda talked about that a bit already but it became crystal clear that FLynn has more information that doesn't relate to his "business partners."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The Trump Administration is the W. Bush Administration on steroids, lol.
    Trump's got a ways to go before he reaches George W Bush's body count.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Here’s the issue. A lot of working class Americans pass a threshold where they will never get the benefit of those safety nets. So they feel like they are paying for nothing. A lot of times the government spends money on wasteful wars and tosses it to the military who don’t need it. So again how far is your tax dollar going?

When you aren’t someone who benefits from the biggest programs and then see the waste when you already don’t make enough to be wealthy it’s a tough pill to swallow.

Nobody would care if they paid taxes and their healthcare was completely taken care of or if all the roads were in great condition.
    So if a working class american loses their job their not eligible for any form of welfare ?

Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Doubles Down On His Racist Immigration Rhetoric

“That’s what we said. It’s true,” said Carlson, who added he would not be “intimidated” as advertisers flee his show. When more sponsors flee, and they will, expect Fucker to change his tune.
    As predicted this morning, advertisers are fleeing Fucker’s show in droves:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/media...ers/index.html

The most notable names were IHOP, Just For Men, Land Rover, Ancestry.com and TDAmeritrade. Has Carlson changed his tune? Nope:

As advertisers flee, Tucker Carlson brands himself Mr. ‘Dirtier’

I suspect this defiant attitude won’t last long once it starts eating into Faux News’ bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    https://www.vox.com/2018/12/18/18146...rizona-senator

Martha McSally lost Senate race but will fill McCain's Arizona seat.

Arizona's governor on Tuesday appointed U.S. Rep. Martha McSally to replace Sen. Jon Kyl in the seat that belonged to the late John McCain, sending the GOP congresswoman back to Washington just a month after she lost a tight race for the state's other spot in the Senate.

McSally, a former air force colonel, lost to Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema in November after a bruising contest in which she contended Sinema committed "treason" by making anti-war remarks in 2003. Now, McSally will join the Senate the same day that Sinema is sworn in.
    Proving again, how Republicans have positively zero f***ing repsect for democracy and the will of the people, yet again.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

A Family Values Republican in the Texas State Senate, Charles Schwertner, was accused of sexual harassment by a college-aged intern back in September. He denied doing it.

Would it shock you that only six weeks after the election, now we see the texts, and it turns out he was lying, and totally did that s***?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    A Family Values Republican in the Texas State Senate, Charles Schwertner, was accused of sexual harassment by a college-aged intern back in September. He denied doing it.

Would it shock you that only six weeks after the election, now we see the texts, and it turns out he was lying, and totally did that s***?
    Nope, wouldn’t surprise me at all.