Page 185 of 985 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285685 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 14769

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, as well as 2017, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of the U.S. House Representative from Texas’ 26th Congressional District, Mike Burgess, the U.S. House Representative from Texas’ 26th Congressional District whose claim to fame is discussing masturbating fetuses touching themselves in the womb for their own pleasure as part of his “pro-life” arguments before Congress. Burgess has also openly discussed the impeachment of Barack Obama (declining to comment WHAT the impeachable offense he committed was), going on FOX News to call for witch hunts into the attacks in Benghazi, amongst other tacky quotes and votes. Not surprisingly, he also bought into the Center for Medical Progress’ “sting” video and tried defunding Plannned Parenthood around this time a year ago.Going into the latest session of Congress, Mike Burgess was looking forward to trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act, and when asked about the millions of people who would lose their insurance coverage as a result, he laughed it off and was excited to do so because it would mean “more freedom. Ah yes. The freedom to die because you can’t afford your medical costs anymore. That’s something to strive for, Mike. Especially for someone who purports himself to be a “pro-life” physician.

His voting record still shows us that Burgess is the same old frowny sack of nuts he’s always been:

• February 16th, 2017: Burgess votes for HJR 69, to make it legal for hunters on wildlife reserves to kill several species of hibernating bears or wolves while they’re sleeping. Because… well, the logic really isn’t there as to why, it’s just awful.
    • March 16th, 2017: Mike Burgess votes for HR 1181, which would allow veterans deemed mentally incompetent to continue to own firearms, and not have them taken away without a judge's written order. We feel safer already.
    • March 28th, 2017: Rep. Burgess votes for SJ Res 34, which allowed internet providers to sell the data information of their customers' internet usage to businesses.
    • May 4th, 2017: Burgess votes for the House GOP's healthcare plan, that would kick roughly 24 million people off their health insurance plans, allow up to 28,000 more people to die a year, give $50,000 in tax breaks to millionaires, and would eliminate coverage for pre-existing conditions which would include such medical conditions as pregnancy (current or past), post-partum depression, or prior sexual assault. Oh, and a provision in the bill would make sure that Burgess would be allowed to keep his healthcare plan as it exists under the ACA, which would be repealed for the rest of the country. He and his Republican compatriots threw themselves a beer bash to celebrate taking away healthcare from millions and then gloated about it with Donald Trump at a White House press conference, as well.
    • June 8th, 2017: Mike Burgess votes for HR 10, the GOP’s attempt to repeal Dodd-Frank financial reform, because what the country really needs is to allow the big banks to make the same mistakes that imploded the economy only a decade earlier.
    • September 8th, 2017: Rep. Burgess chooses to be one of 90 Republicans in Congress who votes against disaster relief for Hurricane Harvey.
    • October 3rd, 2017: Burgess votes for HR 36, the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, that would try to create an unconstitutional ban abortion at 20 weeks (even though medical science tells us fetuses do not have the capability to feel pain until 29 weeks).
    • December 19th, 2017: Mike Burgess votes for HR 1, the GOP’s $1.7 trillion tax cut to benefit the wealthiest Americans and corporations permanently that coincidentally also removes the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate and kicks 13 million people off their health insurance.
    • February 18th, 2018: Burgess and his fellow Republicans decide that poor big businesses are suffering too much at the hands of the Americans with Disabilities Act too much, and voted for HR 620, which would strip most of the civil rights protections guaranteed by it.

Mike Burgess ran for re-election in 2018, and with Texas’ 26th being one of the most conservative districts not just in Texas, but the entire country, it would seem like all he has to do is survive the primary. But that might not be as much of a certainty, going forward, as the anger being directed towards Rep. Burgess is becoming more palpable all the time, perhaps hitting its peak in June of 2018 when at his town hall, he was shouted down and booed by constituents outraged over the Trump administration’s family separation policy, which he dug in and stated his support for.

Again, Burgess is gambling with the idea that his district is so safe, that he will face no consequences for his support of locking children in cages. We don’t know if he’ll be brave enough to debate his Democratic opponent, Linsey Fagan, before the election in November, but if he’s dumb enough to, we hope she tears him apart about it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If you needed any more evidence as to why people say "The Republican Party is some kind of a Cult", watch as people within its ranks circle the ranks to defend a serial sex offender trying to get onto the Supreme Court less than a year after they circled them to defend a serial pedophile who wanted to be in the Senate.

Yet they also insist somehow that God is on their side and they have the moral high ground.
    They also insist that Donald Trump was chosen by god. And because he wants Bob 'n' Weave Brett on SCOTUS, Republicans, like the loyal little drones they are, want that too.

====================

Feinstein Calls For Cancellation of Kavanaugh Hearing After New Allegation Of Misconduct

Other prominent Democrat senators are also calling for a FBI investigation into the latest allegation made against Kavanaugh.

New Spending Bill Will Avert Government Shutdown But Won’t Pay For Trump’s Wall

The president has suggested he won’t sign the bipartisan bill unless it includes funding for the wall at the U.S.-Mexico border. *heavy sigh* Here we go again. And the fiscal year ends this coming Sunday.

3D Gun Maker Cody Wilson Jailed In Texas On Sexual Assault Charge

Wilson, 30, fled to Taiwan to avoid being charged with sexual assault. The Taiwanese authorities sent him back to America. Regarding Wilson, I can say only this....WOMP WOMP!

Nikki Haley Declines To Echo Trump’s Skepticism About Kavanaugh Accuser

Christine Blasey Ford “deserves respect” and “deserves to be heard,” the UN ambassador said. Well now, Dolt45 won't like hearing that!

Alisyn Camerota Says She Endured More Than Sexual Harassment At Fox News

The “New Day” anchor says that women at Fox News were subjected to emotional harassment and bullying. Roger Ailes may be roasting over a spit in hell, but the monster he birthed is alive and well.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    New Spending Bill Will Avert Government Shutdown But Won’t Pay For Trump’s Wall

The president has suggested he won’t sign the bipartisan bill unless it includes funding for the wall at the U.S.-Mexico border. *heavy sigh* Here we go again. And the fiscal year ends this coming Sunday.
    If Trump vetoes the budget and tries to force Congress into an emergency session to avoid a government shutdown because he wants the stupid border wall that HE insisted MEXICO would pay for going into the 2018 mid-terms... he's effectively cutting off his nose to spite his face. He'll only be helping Democrats at the polls in five weeks.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Brilliant move by the Deep State™ to make sure the Cosby sentencing hearing happens this week, ensuring that people remember that even people much more likable than Kavanaugh can be serial rapists.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    The other shoe drops....
    I'm not sure I think Mrs. Ramirez's claim in strong enough but then I was hearing stuff on Morning Joe how this incident was much talked about among the group of alumni and Kavanaugh's name does get attached to it. They just aren't ready to come forward and say anything, fearing some kind of legal jeopardy for slander, etc. So for now they don't want their names to go on record.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Called it.

I expected something like this from this guy when I read that list of questions he gave to Kenneth Starr that he proposed the ask Monica Lewinksy. He strikes me as those repressed types that we've heard about over and over....pillary of the community, good family man but with some dark, perverted stuff they keep hidden. One face is conservative and religious, the other side is a sexual predator. Some girls would tell you that it's the son of the local preacher you have to watch out for when you're alone with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I woke up and was trying to mess around on the internet a bit until I got sleepy again. Apparently news happend? lol. Silly me, I thought the the Supreme court hearing situation couldn't get more complicated.
    I know! I had the TV on early before work and I was like....What now??

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Brilliant move by the Deep State™ to make sure the Cosby sentencing hearing happens this week, ensuring that people remember that even people much more likable than Kavanaugh can be serial rapists.
    Damn! That hadn't occurred to me until just now. Yeah, talk about crazy timing!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Trump is looking to fire Rosenstein. Oh shhhhhhiiiiiiiiiit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Trump is looking to fire Rosenstein. Oh shhhhhhiiiiiiiiiit.
    I read he has maybe offered resignation in the wake of that news.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...signing-report

I assume Trump then puts someone in Rosentstein's place who will fire Mueller. That's how it works, right?

And considering dems ain't retaking **** in the mid-terms and Trump will win handily in 2020, we are good and fucked for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post

I assume Trump then puts someone in Rosentstein's place who will fire Mueller. That's how it works, right?

And considering dems ain't retaking **** in the mid-terms and Trump will win handily in 2020, we are good and fucked for a while.
    The DOJ is reporting that Rosenstein refused to resign and was fired by Trump. Sessions is looking to resign.

Also, GOP had full control when Nixon did this and impeached his ass. But Tricky Dick quit before the vote. Trump will do the same.

Both have the, "I'm taking my ball home since I'm losing" vibe to them.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The DOJ is reporting that Rosenstein refused to resign and was fired by Trump. Sessions is looking to resign.

Also, GOP had full control when Nixon did this and impeached his ass. But Tricky Dick quit before the vote. Trump will do the same.

Both have the, "I'm taking my ball home since I'm losing" vibe to them.
    Yeah but Trump's not losing.

People really need to stop looking to how things played out with Nixon. We live in a different fucking world.

It's interesting to compare the two scenarios, but Nixon does not inform what happens with Trump.

I'm sure that is the narrative the White House will push, be it true or not.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Fox says he was fired but he offered to resign.

WaPo says he resigned.

DOJ says he refused to resign but was fired.

CNN says he was fired.

NBC says he "has not submitted a resignation and is still the Deputy Attorney General.” He is “expecting to be fired" today.

NPR says he's expecting to be fired.

WSJ says he expects to be fired.

The only thing they all agree on is Rod was summoned to the White House.

Also, noise coming out the DOJ is if Rod goes, lots more are going to be following suit.

Monday Morning Massacre?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-24-2018 at 08:59 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

People really need to stop looking to how things played out with Nixon. We live in a different fucking world.

It's interesting to compare the two scenarios, but Nixon does not inform what happens with Trump.
    In related news, do you still think it's 100% certain that Kavanaugh will be confirmed?

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

In related news, do you still think it's 100% certain that Kavanaugh will be confirmed?
    Uh, yes I do.

You expect me to believe that a dude trying to obtain political office would not get said office after a couple of allegations of sexual misconduct.

I know media outlets stopped talking about all of Trump's accusers after the election, but the dude had way more accusers than BK. And BK only has to be voted in by a small group of people, the majority of whom are republicans and defend Trump daily and are already defending BK.

Yes, I believe that dude is getting confirmed.

As always, I hope I am proven wrong.

"Trump's not losing"?

So, let's see

Michael Cohen has turned on Trump
    Paul Manafort has turned on Trump
    Rick Gates, George Papadopoulos, Michael Flynn have all become cooperating witnesses.

Not to mention those who testified after being given Immunity.

If there wasn't anything there, there wouldn't be so many people talking. And the one person they are all talking about is Trump. If that doesn't define a loser, what does?

Here's everyone who has been charged and convicted in Mueller's Russia probe so far
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.