Page 173 of 985 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    As far as I know, the nomination of a new Supreme has NEVER gone off the rails like this one has.
    This is like a combo of Bork and Thomas at the moment. The latter for the sexual nature bringing his nomination into question, the former because of Kavanaugh's background as a "dirty tricks" member of the GOP attacking the Clintons as part of Starr's investigations and trying to link Hillary Clinton to Vince Foster's suicide, and that he might not get voted in after all is said and done.

I mean, Harriet Miers was poorly vetted by Bush 43, but she withdrew her own nomination before going to a hearing, unlike Kavanaugh, who was hoping Grassley and Co. could ramrod him through before anyone knew any better about him being a drunken attempted rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Just a factoid: Maryland, where this event took place, has no statute of limitations for rape or attempted rape.
    Man, I don't know if there's a prosecutor with the guts to try a 25 year old attempted rape case under these circumstances. Most don't have the guts to even do it if it happened two days ago under these sorts of circumstances.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Man, I don't know if there's a prosecutor with the guts to try a 25 year old attempted rape case under these circumstances. Most don't have the guts to even do it if it happened two days ago under these sorts of circumstances.
    It was a false tangent: a misinterpretation of a figure of speech and not even worth discussing.

Not that I'm saying others can't discuss it -- or even wish for it if that's what they want.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-19-2018 at 07:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Just a factoid: Maryland, where this event took place, has no statute of limitations for rape or attempted rape.

I am not suggesting that he'll be charged or anything. I think that's unlikely, just that the statue of limitations isn't something that'll play a role in justice or lack thereof.
    Well at least we know he can be held accountable if some hard evidence comes into play later on

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Well at least we know he can be held accountable if some hard evidence comes into play later on
    And I get it, man -- you're just being pragmatic.

We're approaching the same problem from different angles is all.

Kinda like a superhero team-up I suppose, with all the friction that comes along with it.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-19-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Reuters/Ispos just published a poll for the Texas Senate race, and it shows why Ted Cruz has become so frantic and desperate in attacks against Beto O'Rourke, accusing him of planning to "ban barbecue" if he's elected (seriously, Cruz posted that on Twitter).

The poll, anyway, has Beto up 47-45 on Lyin' Ted. It's the first time Cruz has trailed against a Democrat, and the thought of returning to his work as the Zodiac Killer has him panicking.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Reuters/Ispos just published a poll for the Texas Senate race, and it shows why Ted Cruz has become so frantic and desperate in attacks against Beto O'Rourke, accusing him of planning to "ban barbecue" if he's elected (seriously, Cruz posted that on Twitter).

The poll, anyway, has Beto up 47-45 on Lyin' Ted. It's the first time Cruz has trailed against a Democrat, and the thought of returning to his work as the Zodiac Killer has him panicking.
    I thought Ted might be better than Trump.

I was wrong.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Apparently Trump Tower got a shipment of mushrooms.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    And I get it, man -- you're just being pragmatic.

We're approaching the same problem from different angles is all.

Kinda like a superhero team-up I suppose, with all the friction that comes along with it.
    You can be the idealistic Superman to my Batman. Basically what I’m saying is I get to be Batman

Dibs on Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    You can be the idealistic Superman to my Batman. Basically what I’m saying is I get to be Batman
    I always knew you were a Bat fan

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Caramel Caligula just won't stop slamming Jeff Sessions:

Hill.TV interview exclusive: Trump eviscerates Sessions: 'I don’t have an attorney general'

President Trump in an Oval Office interview with Hill.TV launched one of his most ferocious broadsides to date against Jeff Sessions, suggesting the attorney general was essentially AWOL and performing badly on a variety of issues.

"I don't have an attorney general. It's very sad," Trump told Hill.TV in an extensive and freewheeling interview Tuesday from the Oval Office.

The president has long excoriated Sessions for his March 2017 decision to recuse himself from the Russia collusion investigation. But on Tuesday he suggested he is frustrated by Sessions's performance on far more than that.

"I'm not happy at the border, I'm not happy with numerous things, not just this," he said.
    Clearly hating on the Krooked Keebler Elf has been an obsession with Trump from the day Sessions DID WHAT THE LAW REQUIRED HIM TO DO, and Dolt45 remains irrevocably butthurt over that. And, as we've all learned, once you get on Trump's bad side, you're there for LIFE. That said, I don't know why Trump just doesn't spare everyone the suspense and fire Sessions if he hates him so much, unless he needs someone in the administration to be his designated whipping horse. And why Sessions sticks around since he's about as wanted in this White House as a Klansman in Harlem makes zero sense. Man, this is one fucked up relationship.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The Quinnipiac poll from yesterday had Cruz up 9, though.

I worry about Texans sometimes.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

Q leans hard right lately on Senate ratings, which is odd, given the history of it.

It gave Trump a 38 approval last week.

EDIT: fixed my complete thought.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-19-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

Sometimes isn't often enough

. . . I made myself Sad

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Q leans hard right lately, which is odd, given the history of it.
    Them's fighting words good sir!