Page 384 of 985 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484884 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Iowa. Montana. Some of these Midwestern states, with the exception of Missouri have had a shift. California's going to see itself even Bluer by night's end.

State legislature races have yet to be analyzed for the most part. I've checked on a few, and while the loons aren't getting turfed, things are more significantly blue in most state legislatures from what I've seen.
    Of course...

Extraordinary Member

Scott Walker losing would make me very happy

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Scott Walker losing would make me very happy
    Seems like folks will have Independent/Green/Libertarian candidates to thank for it if he does.

I've heard that we may not know the result of the Arizona Senate race until Thursday. Meanwhile, things are looking good for Democrats in Nevada. If the trend holds there, and Democrats can pull off a skin-of-their-teeth win in Arizona, they will net a loss of two seats to Republicans. That would be a great set-up for Democrats in 2020, with a map that favors them picking up three seats (most likely) and losing Alabama. If they can win the White House on top of that, they would likely have the Senate to do something real with. Especially given 2022 shows a map more vulnerable for Republicans than Democrats in that cycle.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

So, that dead pimp that the Nevada GOP didn't/couldn't(forgot which) get off the ballot is gonna win his election and my face hurts from laughing so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    So, that dead pimp that the Nevada GOP didn't/couldn't(forgot which) get off the ballot is gonna win his election and my face hurts from laughing so hard.
    He's leading by four points, falling behind Trump's share of the vote in the areas that have been counted (Trump lost the state in 2016 by two points). I don't think we ought to be calling the Nevada race for Heller quite yet.

As for Sinema, we are looking at a situation where a lot of what needs to be counted are districts that lean Democratic (typical of left-leaning precincts to keep polling places open late when left in their control). Given she has a mere one point deficit, I think that we might be looking at something here too.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Definitely looking like Scott Walker is down.

Looks like Dean Heller is going down in Nevada.

How'd voting to destroy Obamacare work out for you, Dean?

Ultimate Member

I'm starting to think that Florida isn't a purple state.

It's gradually transformed into a red state.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    He's leading by four points, falling behind Trump's share of the vote in the areas that have been counted (Trump lost the state in 2016 by two points). I don't think we ought to be calling the Nevada race for Heller quite yet.

As for Sinema, we are looking at a situation where a lot of what needs to be counted are districts that lean Democratic (typical of left-leaning precincts to keep polling places open late when left in their control). Given she has a mere one point deficit, I think that we might be looking at something here too.
    Here's what has me angry already about the Sinema/McSally race...

Motherf***ing Green Party. The candidate running in that race for the Green Party, Angela Green, knew she had no prayer of winning. She stayed on the ballot until the week of the election, when she suddenly said, "Oh, whoops. Nevermind, you should vote for Sinema."

That still managed to ratf*** the race and give her 2.3% of the vote. Which, if Sinema had those left-leaning votes from "principled" third party Green voters, she would be already ahead of McSally.

It's the same lesson not learned in 2016 from Jill Stein voters. Or in 2000, from Nader voters.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

It's the huge number of old white people in the state. Honestly.

That said, the end of lifetime felon disenfranchisement that kept 25% of black people from exercising their right will be an absolute game changer. Look at the narrow gap between Gillum and DeSantis. Then realize that 1.5 million more eligible voters will exist in 2020.

WI officially called for Evers.

Nevada officially a Dem pickup too.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 11-07-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

After Proposition 4 takes effect and 1.8 million felons are granted the right to vote, it might not be so red in 2020, considering a disproportionate number of them are African Americans.

After Proposition 4 takes effect and 1.8 million felons are granted the right to vote, it might not be so red in 2020, considering a disproportionate number of them are African Americans.
    Not to mention the Republicans are losing the House and Govenorships at a time that will erode their control over the Redistricting process.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Not to mention the Republicans are losing the House and Govenorships at a time that will erode their control over the Redistricting process.
    Get this... out of Arizona's 9 Congressional Districts?

5 of them are now Blue after tonight. For a red state, that looks kinda purple.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's the huge number of old white people in the state. Honestly.

That said, the end of lifetime felon disenfranchisement that kept 25% of black people from exercising their right will be an absolute game changer. Look at the narrow gap between Gillum and DeSantis. Then realize that 1.5 million more eligible voters will exist in 2020.

WI officially called for Evers.

Nevada officially a Dem pickup too.
    Very true.

That gives me some hope for the future.

All in all, it was a good night for the democrats. I just felt that Americans wouldn't fall for the "identity politics" heavy campaigns seen in some parts of the country.

Pieces of **** like Steve King getting re-elected just rubs me the wrong way.