Page 403 of 985 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not you. The post you were quoting.

It was essentially wondering out loud why no one had compared an orange to an apple.
    O'Rourke had a DWI arrest in his past, he supposedly tried to flee the scene. He clearly had a lot of baggage, which is probably why he lost to one of the most hated men in America. Heck, even Lindsey Graham said you could shoot Cruz on the floor of the senate an nobody would charge you.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    O'Rourke had a DWI arrest in his past, he supposedly tried to flee the scene. He clearly had a lot of baggage, which is probably why he lost to one of the most hated men in America. Heck, even Lindsey Graham said you could shoot Cruz on the floor of the senate an nobody would charge you.
    He lost by 2% in a state that re-elected their right wing Governor by 13%. Obviously still a Red State, but he almost overcame that.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He lost by 2% in a state that re-elected their right wing Governor by 13%. Obviously still a Red State, but he almost overcame that.
    Not to mention the votes literally being switched on some straight-ticket votes. I wonder how much of an affect that had.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Not to mention the votes literally being switched on some straight-ticket votes. I wonder how much of an affect that had.
    The story not being reported. in these close races. Florida maybe stolen, Texas maybe stolen, Georgia-overtly stolen in plain sight.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It could be said we've ALWAYS been fighting that battle, and it's only gotten tougher and harder now that the legions of closet racists, misogynists, xenophobes and homophobes got a taste of free and unfettered public expression of their ugliness under Trump's banner and will want more. Those deplorables will demand from the GOP that Trump's replacement be someone just as hideously intolerant as he is, if not moreso (Steve King perhaps?) forcing Republicans to search high and low for the next vulgarian to lead the party after Trump leaves office (or is forced out), lest they lose that virulent base. I seriously doubt Republicans will ever be able to have a moderate lead the party after Trump, only an outright madman will satisfy the right wing mob.
    A lot of Republican political analysts pretty much think that the party painted themselves in the corner. And that it would take decades to fix it.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

The story not being reported. in these close races. Florida maybe stolen, Texas maybe stolen, Georgia-overtly stolen in plain sight.
    What happened in Georgia is disgusting. Even more disgusting is that the MSM aren't really talking about all of the voters suppression that's happening there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    To think that couldn't happen at a worse time, right after the Midterm elections. It must be getting the Democrats to shake and sweat in fear

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg should have retired when the Democrats were still in charge of the White House and the Senate.

I didn't think Trump would even consider appointing Christie. Wasn't Christie the prosecutor who prosecuted and jailed the father of Jared who is the son-in-law of Trump? Will Jared stand for it?
    Depends on whether or not Benedict Donald thinks Jared has become a liability or not. Loyalty in the Trump defenestration....er, administration only flows one way.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    A lot of Republican political analysts pretty much think that the party painted themselves in the corner. And that it would take decades to fix it.
    I equate that to the last scene from The Ten Commandments (1956 version) where the Hebrews were made to wander the desert for forty years to exhaust the generation of sinners after Moses destroyed the tablets. And yeah, chances are we’ll all be in the ground before Republicans next elect a moderate president instead of a madman. From the Tea Party to Trump, Republicans were so desperate and obsessed with regaining power in Washington that they willingly got in bed with the craziest, the most extreme sort of lunatics around. The GOP created this monster which their base is hopelessly enamored with, and now that monster is out of control. I have ZERO pity for Republicans who created this clusterfuck all by themselves.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-08-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    it wasn't directed towards you. You got your point across pretty well.
    Glad to hear it, I so often get misunderstood it's nice to get my meaning across for a change.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    What happened in Georgia is disgusting. Even more disgusting is that the MSM aren't really talking about all of the voters suppression that's happening there.
    I hope that becomes a priority when the House committees change over in January and they start an investigation. But than again that may depend on the new Attorney General, whoever that may be.

Mighty Member

I know that even if the Mueller probe returns with proof that Trump colluded and all that, nothing will really happen to him.

But I need that, so I can get super petty on Facebook.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I equate that to the last scene from The Ten Commandments (1956 version) where the Hebrews were made to wander the desert for forty years to exhaust the generation of sinners after Moses destroyed the tablets. And yeah, chances are we’ll all be in the ground before Republicans next elect a moderate president instead of a madman. From the Tea Party to Trump, Republicans were so desperate and obsessed with regaining power in Washington that they willingly got in bed with the craziest, the most extreme sort of lunatics around. The GOP created this monster which their base is hopelessly enamored with, and now that monster is out of control. I have ZERO pity for Republicans who created this clusterfuck all by themselves.
    I don't know if he's the man for the job but maybe Romney will be the beginning of their party's rehabilitation. The reason why Trump is running roughshod over the rule of law and our Constitution is this generation of Republicans lacks a Howard Dean or a Barry Goldwater, who eventually saw to it that Nixon had to be stopped after the Saturday Night Massacre. And you had whistle blowers like John Dean and then there was Attorney Elliot Richardson, who would rather resign than be forced to carry out Nixon's order to fire the special Watergate prosecutor Archibald Cox. Lindsay Graham was a fair weather patriot and barely waited for John McCain to be buried before he became Trump's golfing buddy. Trump has made a league sychophants, crooks and narrow minded old men his toadies in the Senate and the House. It remains to be seen if these Republicans can find their "better angels"
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-09-2018 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Before you make claims please post your evidence, and his current stances. I'd like people here to start doing that before making claims.
    OTHERWISE, it's hard to take things seriously when you say things with no evidence.
    Also, if you tell me to Google it, then your words are meaningless, as it is always on the person making the claim to provide the evidence.

I worked with the campaign, and did my research, so if you know something I don't that would be awesome with your evidence.
    Okay. That's fair enough. But I will say this--how come we assume that this is just a change of heart and not a politically motivated decision. Because if it were virtually any other candidate doing this, I'd be willing to bet the same progressive members of this forum would throw them to the wolves for just being politically motivated jerks. Because it is Bernie, we say that he is still completely genuine. But, fair enough, I should've gotten more up to date than his stances going into the 2016 election.

As an aside, how many of you are buying into that Beto O'Rourke hype? Literally everyone is buying into the idea of him running for president now--from Politico to the Washington Post to the New York Times to CNN and MSNBC. Do you think that he is a strong enough candidate to beat Donald Trump in 2020?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    As an aside, how many of you are buying into that Beto O'Rourke hype? Literally everyone is buying into the idea of him running for president now--from Politico to the Washington Post to the New York Times to CNN and MSNBC. Do you think that he is a strong enough candidate to beat Donald Trump in 2020?
    He is the kind of new blood the Dems need, but I'm not sure he should go for Pres so soon after the loss to Cruz. If no one else that has been bandied about steps up and he decides to run I'd vote for him if he became the candidate, but he needs a big national win under his belt to properly excite the voting public beyond just the base IMO.

You know, you don't have to actually make any attempt to discount nonsensical assertions like "O'Rourke has a bunch of baggage..."