Page 266 of 985 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366766 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 14769
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Got your new Graham photo WBE!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i am not surprised. this whole administration is corrupt, inept, and lacking any kind of moral awareness.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ladies and gentlemen, the worst thing you'll have read this entire week.

The former Republican Lt. Governor of South Carolina said on national TV that he would question his own daughter if she were to tell him about sexual assault without corroborating evidence.

André Bauer made the claims during a segment with CNN’s Victor Blackwell, who ended up shutting down the line of discussion to protect Bauer’s daughter.

“With all due respect to Dr. Ford, she made an allegation, and several different bodies went to try to clarify it. She provided four different individuals, her friends, not his, who could not quantify or back up in fact, they said just the opposite and then the FBI again they couldn’t find any factual evidence,” Bauer claimed.

“I have a daughter, I worry about anyone who makes this claim,” he added.

“André, you say you have a daughter and are worried about anyone who makes these type of claims,” a stunned Blackwell noted. “If your daughter made a claim and she put forth a dozen list of people who corroborated and investigators never spoke to one of those dozen, would you think that was a valid investigation?”

“If my daughter provided her four best friends and they said she never met him, doesn’t recall this party, I would ask my daughter to rethink what may have happened,” he argued.

“You would ask your own daughter to reconsider that she was sexually assaulted?” Blackwell asked.

“If my daughter, 37 years later, could only recall the individual, couldn’t recant any other information, then I would be worried, does she have her facts right,” he continued.

At that point, Blackwell shut down the discussion out of respect for the CNN contributor’s daughter.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

The hell is happening in this country? That's all I can think. My dearest hope is that we have a long memory, and we never let these fascist nerds forget that this is how low they'll sink in order to feel powerful and important.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    May God have mercy on us all.
    May as well change it to "May GOP have mercy".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    The hell is happening in this country? That's all I can think. My dearest hope is that we have a long memory, and we never let these fascist nerds forget that this is how low they'll sink in order to feel powerful and important.
    What happened was that we a terrible uninformed population that ignored millions of warnings against political parties, allowed them to be created, and those parties preyed on the fact that politics could be treated as a game of chess as opposed to a good faith exercise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    One thing we should all never forget is all of this circus the whole Supreme Court pick situation was a KNOWN factor in the election.

This was always likely to be an election that could shape generations in terms of the shape of the court.

And people still choose for whatever reason not to vote and allowed this to happen.

the next election also will have a strong possibility of ANOTHER. Ginsberg better get all our love and support and best wishes for her continued health to make it past Trump. If we allow him to get another term then that is on us for the dirty partisan crap we would get rammed down our throats with more conservative picks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    One thing we should all never forget is all of this circus the whole Supreme Court pick situation was a KNOWN factor in the election.

This was always likely to be an election that could shape generations in terms of the shape of the court.

And people still choose for whatever reason not to vote and allowed this to happen.

the next election also will have a strong possibility of ANOTHER. Ginsberg better get all our love and support and best wishes for her continued health to make it past Trump. If we allow him to get another term then that is on us for the dirty partisan crap we would get rammed down our throats with more conservative picks.
    If Ginsberg retires/passes away and Trump gets someone in that seat, you will see a conservative influence on this country for the next 50 years and that isn't hyperbole.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I haven't watched Bill Maher's show yet but I did watch the linked video. That was a total click bait headline. Apparently the message you missed, which was the bulk of the nearly 7 minute segment, is that the GOP has wormed it's weigh to power because of things like

• Kamala Harris representing 20 million people while the GOP senator in Wyoming represents 280,000 which leads to

• A state of only 280,000 still gets 2 Senators

• Maher also points out that the Democrats have lost 1,000 seats in regards to state legislators. I know how that goes because I live in Indiana. The GOP have a super majority here so that the few Democratic reps don't really have to show up any more in Indianapolis. They get shut out on practically everything.

He's not saying that SJW's causes this....its Republicans getting the power to do this with gerrymandering and winning the electoral college but not the popular vote. THAT's what is the gist of his closing remarks. Total mischaracterization. And if you follow the tweets on that link, one of the guests on the show even says the headline is completely false.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-06-2018 at 01:48 PM.

I have to give props to my Senator Joe Donnelly for voting "No" today. He's in a tight race.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Congrats to Mitch McConnell for herding the cats enough throughout this whole ordeal. Kavanaugh is a fine man and will be a fine Justice.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Congrats to Mitch McConnell for herding the cats enough throughout this whole ordeal. Kavanaugh is a fine man and will be a fine Justice.

and i'm done with this.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

I said the same things many times here. Voting for the Green party wasted votes. Not voting because Bernie wasn't their pick also lost votes. I'll concede that HIllary Clinton not campaigning in key states was a bad move. But take away Trump's electoral college votes and he lost by almost 3 million. In those key states where he got the electoral college edge, his total margins of victory were a total of 107,000 or about the size of attendance at the Super Bowl

like my grandma said, she wasn't a democrat or a republican. she voted who she thought was best for the job.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Your posts only make sense when one reads them as Lex Luthor saying them.

But then, even Lex has some morals.

Guess that makes you worse.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!