Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
Apparently, it's also 'declare people said things they never said'.

I voted for Benrie in the primary and vote for a raft of progressive leaning candidates in every primary. My Senator are pretty solid guys in Wyden and Merkley, and I have a pretty solid, if imperfect, governor along with a decent congressman.

Nobody is saying 'don't support progressives' if they win their primaries, nor saying 'don't vote for them in the general'. We've been over this, but apparently, it needs to be stated again.

What we /are/ saying is 'be practical in the general if your preferred candidate doesn't win a primary'. If a progressive I like wins the primary, I vote for them. If a more conservative dem I don't like wins the primary, I vote for them. I don't vote Green because the Green party is a joke party. I don't abstain from voting because there are vulnerable people who are likely to be disproportionately hurt by a Republican winning the election as opposed to things simply not improving fast enough.

Be practical, bear in mind our common interests, and don't piss away gains made because you'd prefer the perfect candidate you think you're entitled to.
you think Merk is going to run in 2020? his campaign against gordon smith in 08 was brutal. he's always seemed like a guy who would relish standing up to trump.