Page 187 of 985 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 14769
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Trump financers Deutsche Bank got a major slap in the face today:

https://twitter.com/HandelsblattGE/s...28711778848768
    This bank has been cited and penalized before. I recall reading articles about it years ago in Vanity Fair. Also in the mix is Wilbur Ross and the Bank of Cypress. Some of that activity was switched over there after Deutsche Bank got caught IIRC

You can watch Rachel Maddow running it all down here

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Weird:

This may be the strangest day yet at the Trump White House. Rod Rosenstein was summoned to the WH to meet with John Kelly this morning. He expected to be fired. He wasn't. And now Rosenstein is attending a previously scheduled cabinet-level meeting (filling in for Sessions)
    https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1044261344562884610

And the "first to report it!" media has egg on its face.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And how does he win with only the 24% of voters who are Republicans?
    Democrats aren’t a reliable voting block, districts favor Republicans in more states, certain things that are pushed heavily by Democrats don’t resonate as much with the public as they want (independents and swing voters don’t really care about Stormy Daniels or the scandals of the week). It’s not a given lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Weird:

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1044261344562884610

And the "first to report it!" media has egg on its face.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.a4d2176680b7

White House says they're meeting with Rod on Thursday now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Well, I guess I'll shut up about this.

You guys seem pretty well prepared to expect the best possible outcome is going to happen in this. I have no idea how, since I assume you were all pretty well disappointed on election night two years ago.

I don't know how you guys can expect anything from anyone, but whatever. As I have said 1 million times in this thread, I hope you are all right, about everything.

There is no way I am going to sit here and expect it though.
    I expect the Dems to take the House (as most polls show), but the Senate will be much more difficult due to numbers of R vs D running.

Two years ago the reason Hillary did not become President was not because of the majority of voters. It was Comey, the Russians and voter suppression. American voters have never wanted Trump in the WH. And we get more and more news that it might actually have been stolen. So if Trump wins in 2020 with his 36% support, it won't be with a majority of votes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I hope my reasoning is true but I feel that there were a lot of fence sitters in 2016 and a lot of Democrats that fell for the Russian bot stuff about Hillary stealing the primary from Bernie. We've seen enough of Trump to know he's not going to suddenly have an epiphany and become less stupid and less of a toxic narcissist.

I still think the Dems need to start getting behind someone ASAP to take on Trump and not have a bloodbath of a Democratic primary. IMO I thought Hillary won every single debate against Trump but Trump knows how to do optics from his years spent hanging around the media (Howard Stern radio fixture for example) and being on the Apprentice. You have to find someone who can counter that.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-24-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hope my reasoning is true but I feel that there were a lot of fence sitters in 2016 and a lot of Democrats that fell for the Russian bot stuff about Hillary stealing the primary from Bernie. We've seen enough of Trump to know he's not going to suddenly have an epiphany and become less stupid and less of a toxic narcissist.

I still think the Dems need to start getting behind someone ASAP to take on Trump and not have a bloodbath of a Democratic primary. IMO I thought Hillary won every single debate against Trump but Trump knows how to do optics from his years spent hanging around the media (Howard Stern radio fixture for example) and being on the Apprentice. You have to find someone who can counter that.
    This is a bad strategy. People didn’t like that the DNC decided on Hillary before the primary happened and it didn’t really matter if someone like Bernie resonated more. And you run into having the DNC anoint Harris or Booker or Gillibrand, giving Republicans head time to scout them out AND risk having people fall in Louis with someone else in the primary and resent the hand picked candidate.

Trump knows how to sell and knowing how to sell and make points that stick with people matter. People think calling Hillary crooked Hillary was him being a dick, but it was really him sticking a label on her that all his followers could associate with the baggage.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hell, if anything, it stands to reason Trump will become even more stupid and more toxic because no one in the GOP will have the balls to question or contradict him, and he damn well knows it too.

That will depend on who the candidates are and how well they can counter Trump's bombastic, bull in a china shop style. Yeah, there's no doubt he has the edge when it comes to being media savvy as he's spent most of his adult life in front of cameras and can twist the public around his pudgy little fingers with ease while most politicians don't have a fraction of that experience. Problem is, no one knows just who those candidates are yet, so, to speculate on who could combat Trump would be meaningless at this point.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This is a bad strategy. People didn’t like that the DNC decided on Hillary before the primary happened and it didn’t really matter if someone like Bernie resonated more. And you run into having the DNC anoint Harris or Booker or Gillibrand, giving Republicans head time to scout them out AND risk having people fall in Louis with someone else in the primary and resent the hand picked candidate.

Trump knows how to sell and knowing how to sell and make points that stick with people matter. People think calling Hillary crooked Hillary was him being a dick, but it was really him sticking a label on her that all his followers could associate with the baggage.
    Yeah, it's a simple trick and it works on simple minds like Fox News viewers

I probably should have been clearer but I didn't mean it to sound like the DNC should do the choosing. We Democratic voters need to get behind someone and stay behind them. If your choice loses in the primaries, don't pout and stay home. Back the candidate whoever they are. And don't vote for a third party candidate either until there is a real third party. Not something that pitches a tent every four years like a traveling circus. The GOP is not going to give you a merit badge, suddenly be nice to you and embrace your issues just because you switched over and vote for them.

And if Trump goes low, they should be ready to go low too. Don't be polite...get nasty if they have to but in a classy way.

Sharice Davids, the "establishment Democrat" who won the primary for a house race in a very red district in Kansas, has an 8 point lead in the first poll for that race against the incumbent Republican , Dorky McDorkface.
    She is a lesbian, native American former MMA fighter. With a solid lead. In Kansas.

This renews my hope in a blue wave.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I'm trying to decide if the Trump WH is bungling the handling of the Kavanaugh nomination to distract us from the Rosenstein firing, or if it is firing Rod to distract from the disaster of the Kavanaugh nomination.
    Twitter Thread
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it's a simple trick and it works on simple minds like Fox News viewers

I probably should have been clearer but I didn't mean it to sound like the DNC should do the choosing. We Democratic voters need to get behind someone and stay behind them. If your choice loses in the primaries, don't pout and stay home. Back the candidate whoever they are. And don't vote for a third party candidate either until there is a real third party.
    I'll never understand why some Americans want a 3rd party so damn badly, having a Multiparty system in the U.K. didn't stop Brexit.

When was the last time Labour won a general election?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Who’s to say it isn’t both?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Who’s to say it isn’t both?
    Rod Rosenstein isn't perfect, but compared to others in the Trump admin, I think he's pretty smart. I think he knows how to manipulate Trump, instead of letting Trump manipulate him. Though we'll see on Thursday what happens.

Meanwhile, Trump is likely to stir things up at the UN.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rod Rosenstein isn't perfect, but compared to others in the Trump admin, I think he's pretty smart. I think he knows how to manipulate Trump, instead of letting Trump manipulate him. Though we'll see on Thursday what happens.

Meanwhile, Trump is likely to stir things up at the UN.
    He knows he could use a big distraction. So maybe he will declare war on Montenegro.

Hillary was right!