Page 908 of 908 FirstFirst ... 408808858898904905906907908
Results 13,606 to 13,615 of 13615
  1. #13606
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,852

    Default



    "Trump backs Jeanie Pirro after fallout over comments on Islam"

  2. #13607
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Regular reminder Steve King is a piece of crap.

    Which side lost last time Steve ?

  3. #13608
    Incredible Member norj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Which side lost last time Steve ?
    They lost the battle then switched tactics to continue the war.

  4. #13609
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    They lost the battle then switched tactics to continue the war.
    No they lost. They were utterly crushed beneath the Union bootheel. Its taken over a century if propaganda to at best get a few states to go "Well they were shitty but states rights y'all"

  5. #13610
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    No they lost. They were utterly crushed beneath the Union bootheel. Its taken over a century if propaganda to at best get a few states to go "Well they were shitty but states rights y'all"
    Best to recognize many in the Union were also white supremacists -- they just didn't believe in slavery.

    -----
    "Lincoln didn’t believe blacks should have the same rights as whites.

    Though Lincoln argued that the founding fathers’ phrase “All men are created equal” applied to blacks and whites alike, this did not mean he thought they should have the same social and political rights. His views became clear during an 1858 series of debates with his opponent in the Illinois race for U.S. Senate, Stephen Douglas, who had accused him of supporting “negro equality.”

    In their fourth debate, at Charleston, Illinois, on September 18, 1858, Lincoln made his position clear. “I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races,” he began, going on to say that he opposed blacks having the right to vote, to serve on juries, to hold office and to intermarry with whites.

    What he did believe was that, like all men, blacks had the right to improve their condition in society and to enjoy the fruits of their labor. In this way they were equal to white men, and for this reason slavery was inherently unjust.

    Like his views on emancipation, Lincoln’s position on social and political equality for African-Americans would evolve over the course of his presidency. In the last speech of his life, delivered on April 11, 1865, he argued for limited black suffrage, saying that any black man who had served the Union during the Civil War should have the right to vote.."

    https://www.history.com/news/5-thing...d-emancipation

  6. #13611
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Which side lost last time Steve ?
    It's also worth noting that according to that stupid meme he's rooting against Iowa, a state he is supposed to represent.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Shuri, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Invaders, Conan the Barbarian, Savage Sword of Conan, Savage Avengers.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern
    Lion Forge: Rolled and Told

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  7. #13612
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Best to recognize many in the Union were also white supremacists -- they just didn't believe in slavery.

    -----
    "Lincoln didn’t believe blacks should have the same rights as whites.

    Though Lincoln argued that the founding fathers’ phrase “All men are created equal” applied to blacks and whites alike, this did not mean he thought they should have the same social and political rights. His views became clear during an 1858 series of debates with his opponent in the Illinois race for U.S. Senate, Stephen Douglas, who had accused him of supporting “negro equality.”

    In their fourth debate, at Charleston, Illinois, on September 18, 1858, Lincoln made his position clear. “I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races,” he began, going on to say that he opposed blacks having the right to vote, to serve on juries, to hold office and to intermarry with whites.

    What he did believe was that, like all men, blacks had the right to improve their condition in society and to enjoy the fruits of their labor. In this way they were equal to white men, and for this reason slavery was inherently unjust.

    Like his views on emancipation, Lincoln’s position on social and political equality for African-Americans would evolve over the course of his presidency. In the last speech of his life, delivered on April 11, 1865, he argued for limited black suffrage, saying that any black man who had served the Union during the Civil War should have the right to vote.."

    https://www.history.com/news/5-thing...d-emancipation
    Lincoln also existed during a time when phrenology was a respected science. His views regarding equality were the norm. What was ok in the 19th century socially isn't in the 21st.

  8. #13613
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Lincoln also existed during a time when phrenology was a respected science. His views regarding equality were the norm. What was ok in the 19th century socially isn't in the 21st.
    Depends on where you live, but I get your point.

  9. #13614
    Fantastic Member TheDarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Beto O’Rourke crushes previous fundraising efforts, including those made by Bernie Sanders, in the first twenty-four hours.

    The smear campaign being run against the guy by Sanders supporters makes a heck of a lot of sense now huh?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

  10. #13615
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    6,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Of course! And we have the same on yahoo France! If you look at the comments on yahoo UK, it's the same. Yahoo has always been a safe place for far-right loonies!
    That's why it's called Yahoo! It's full of yahoos!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •