Page 68 of 985 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Anyone trying to frame it as "We have a forty hour week that came about because of who was in government..." is just wrong
    Even if you don't accept that who was in government had anything to do with it's actual passage, you realize that the law itself could have been written a thousand different ways that were less favorable to the workforce if politicians on the other side had their way.

In the early part of the 20th century, the majority of Americans were working a 12-14 hour workday, regularly.
    Many of these jobs were 6 days a week, from what I understand. Could have easily been that a 45 hour workweek became the norm if others had been in control of the government. Maybe you would only be guaranteed one break on your shift instead of two.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Anything to protect Caramel Caligula. Clearly Rudy’s gone senile as his endless defense of Trump has fried what few brain cells he has left. Sad.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

The 50's are my favorite time period of America history to study and I have looked into the Red Scare Age part of it. So, no. None of this is as bad as Joseph McCarthy, because no one has been completely destroyed or been blacklisted.

Though, I wouldn't mind what happened to McCarthy to happen to Trump if we must compare that time period to now.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    The 50's are my favorite time period of America history to study and I have looked into the Red Scare Age part of it. So, no. None of this is as bad as Joseph McCarthy, because no one has been completely destroyed or been blacklisted.

Though, I wouldn't mind what happened to McCarthy to happen to Trump if we must compare that time period to now.
    Of course, Trump already tweeted that NO president in history has been treated as badly as him, even though Lincoln and JFK were assassinated while in office. In the greater scheme of things, that makes Trump’s discomfort look like amateur night in Dixie.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's not McCarthyism when you actually conspired with Russia.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    We've tried electing people and hoping they will magically do the right thing later for a century.

Spoiler alert: Once they get elected they no longer give a **** what voters think.
    When that happens-you VOTE them OUT of office.

At least that is what you are suppose to do. However we got folks who act like the only time to vote is every 4 years and that is it.

I don't consider wages stagnating (or declining if you account for productivity and inflation), taxes on the wealthy greatly decreasing, steady deregulation of industry and banking, skyrocketing healthcare and education costs, outsourcing of jobs, rapid decline in union membership, and so on progress, but I guess if you consider Collin Peterson a suitable candidate you might
    It is however when folks IGNORE how this or that will hurt them in the long run-we have issues.

Because folks want Fox News to tell them how to think.

Folks have to learn to think for themselves and look beyond the headlines.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

This is going to seem weird: Hear me out.

I think that even though he's a noted skunk and a self-aggrandizing opportunist, Rudy Giuliani still loves his country. I think he also loves power and attention. I think there's guilt and shame burning through his guts and he's slowly self-destructing. I think he wants to get caught!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

I think that even though he's a noted skunk and a self-aggrandizing opportunist, Rudy Giuliani still loves his country. I think he also loves power and attention. I think there's guilt and shame burning through his guts and he's slowly self-destructing. I think he wants to get caught!
    To me, it feels like Rudy has a "Flash Bang Grenade" mode when things are not breaking the administration's way.

This week? Things were seriously not breaking their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

I disagree. I think he's trying to create as much confusion and distrust of the media and anyone who questions Trump as possible. "Truth isn't truth. Truth is what I tell you it is." Facts no longer matter when you are willing to believe one person's story over facts, evidence and anything else.

If he still cared about the country, he wouldn't be doing what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's not McCarthyism when you actually conspired with Russia.
    I know, right? And we all remember how McCarthy managed to play up fears by pointing out his political rivals attended inauguration parties, political conventions, and the like arm and arm with Russians while they carried out attacks on American elections.

Oh yeah, wait... he was making up s*** out of whole cloth, and Trump and the Republicans were doing this in brought daylight with photo, video, and e-mail evidence.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

https://thinkprogress.org/georgia-po...-4f131f6f8c7f/

WBE, I know you've probably profiled this guy, but I had to comment on this. How do you say that you always have a problem with people using the word, but in the same breath, make up excuses for Trump using the word? And, oh about that "in the past, when the word might have been more acceptable" line? We're not talking about Trump saying it in the 1960s or 1970s; we're talking about him saying the word during his tenure on The Apprentice. That's this century, not the last!

In conclusion, Michael Williams is full of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Joel Arrona-Lara is actually wanted for murder in Mexico.

https://www.insideedition.com/ice-sa...r-mexico-46063

ICE Says Man Detained While Driving Pregnant Wife to Hospital is Wanted for Murder in Mexico

The arrest of an undocumented man who was driving his wife to her c-section shocked many, but ICE officials say there's more to the story.

Over the weekend, ICE told CBS Los Angeles that Joel Arrona-Lara is wanted in Mexico on an outstanding homicide warrant.

If there is anyone here who will oppose that good father's extradition to Mexico, please raise your hands.
    From your story:

Despite the more recent ICE statement, an attorney representing Arrona-Lara on behalf of the nonprofit San Bernardino Community Service Center said the charges ICE claims are awaiting him in Mexico are unconfirmed.

The attorney said the Mexican consulate has no information supporting the claim and that Arrona-Lara's detention paperwork indicates only that he's in custody for being in the U.S. without documentation.
    I don't object to confirmed killers being punished for their crimes, but I do insist on them getting their facts straight first.

At this point, it's safe to say that any statements from ICE ought to be treated with immediate suspicion and contempt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Former Intel Officials Defend John Brennan In Wake Of Revoked Security Clearance

Retired Adm. Mike Mullen likened Trump to Richard Nixon and Joe McCarthy. Comparing Trump to Tricky Dick is an insult....to Nixon who was a canny crook. Trump is just a stupid crook.

NY Lawmaker Wants To Make Calling Cops On Innocent Black People A Hate Crime

State Sen. Jesse Hamilton said a woman called 911 on him earlier this month as he canvassed in his own district. I'm all for that, and then some!

Twitter Pummels Rudy Giuliani After He Declares ‘Truth Isn’t Truth’

“Try that on a jury,” quips former U.S. attorney Preet Bharara. Yeah! Rudy wouldn't get very far.

Omarosa: Trump Wants ‘A Race War’

“He had his agenda and that agenda did not include advancing and uniting the African-American community.” Hard to deny that since I've haven't heard about Trump doing any outreach to the black community as he's been too busy raging on Twitter about the Mueller probe.

Fox News’ Judge Jeanine Pirro Tries To Sully Robert Mueller Over Benghazi

Pirro on a previous show asked whether Mueller was a bigger threat to the U.S. than Vladimir Putin. Judge Jeanie Jackass needs to STFU since that's a seriously moronic claim.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!