Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
One needs to be capable of critical thought to athunk it. Not something commonly found among GOP voters.
I don't honestly know if it's a lack of critical thinking or a lack of compassion. More and more, it feels like it's less that they don't get it, and more that they don't CARE. The leadership, I mean. The rank and file Republican is clearly a split between the two.

They deny the basic reality, the essential underpinning of human society, in order to enrich themselves, and do so by ginning up hate and division. They have absolutely been the driving force in the dissolution of civility in politics, and in social interactions. Where once, we might have at least considered 'What do we owe to each other?' an essential question, that has become twisted into 'What does everyone else owe me?' by the Republican Party leadership. Their slavish devotion and cult-like embrace of the horrorshow of Ayn Randian philosophy has removed all concept of genuine ethics from the core of the party, and people who defend them lose their own inherent humanity in the process.

It's utterly insane and I just...want to scream until my head explodes. Some days, the thought of getting up and facing the world as it is gets overwhelming and I just want to curl up and let death take me so I can stop living in this twisted world the Republican Party has given us...

But, I guess that makes me a snowflake, huh? Or maybe a cuck. I can't keep up...