Page 762 of 985 FirstFirst ... 262662712752758759760761762763764765766772812862 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 14769

So germs aren't real because he can't see them? I wonder if he would say the same about God?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So germs aren't real because he can't see them? I wonder if he would say the same about God?
    Does he have object permanence is the real question? Like something leaves his eyesight, it no longer is real?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Well, he might if he were a Republican.

The allegations we know of had dead ends. My point is that there may have been leads that were ignored or set aside due to the unnecessary expediency imposed by the Republicans. Garland was left hanging for a year, but suddenly Kavanaugh needed to be appointed ASAP, allegations or not. Do you honestly believe that a week is enough time to perform a thorough investigation when the position to be filled is so important?
    The FBI had conducted an earlier background check. A week was enough time to go through the existing claims.

If candidates have a history of being sexual predators, what tends to happen is that the first claim is followed by more within a week as the victims realize they wouldn't be alone. This happened with Franken, Moore and Fairfax.

So it wouldn't be the FBI's job to look for new allegations. If Kavanaugh really had a pattern, other stuff would have come out. The Ramirez story is instructive here, since something thinly supported (a claim by a woman who says something happened in the 1980s when she was heavily intoxicated, who told friends she wasn't sure it was Kavanaugh, and who didn't actually see him do the deed) was still found and publicized.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Yet you've defended him and his policies in this thread.
    If you think I'm mistaken in anything I say about him or his policies, by all means point out the error. But it doesn't seem relevant to a point about another political figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    As others have said it causes a birther 2.0 situation. However, from what I understand there are rules that are guides for being considered a member of a tribe, and it has to be like a 2nd or 3rd person direct to you. You have to have like higher than 3/4th blood or something like that, although I don't know the exact numbers.

So for some in the native America community what she did comes off as an insult of sorts to them as she would not be considered a Native American. She could say she has Native American blood, but she can't say she is Native American by some tribes rules.

Like, Tami, if you found out you have some Japsnese DNA in you, unless your family is directly Japanese you would not be considered a Japanese person. You could claim you have some Japanese heritage but you would not be seen as Japanese.

At least that's as far as I understand it.
    One reason it seems offensive for members of various tribes is that there are onerous regulations about proving ancestry in order to be considered part of the group, and eligible for various entitlements. This is is a complex question since that's more of a Bureau of Indian Affairs consideration than anything the tribes historically believed, but people who see the effects of the sadness caused by these regulations get upset when someone who grew up in a white household and whose bloodline is over 98% white seems to have made serious claims to a Native American identity.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh look, Tulsi Gabbard is promoting a conspiracy theorist. How nice.

Yes, Jimmy Dole is a conspiracy theorist. Here he is on 9/11.

I believe in conspiracies. So, Gulf of TonkinWikipedia's W.svg, am I a conspiracy theorist if I think that the government used that as a false flag operation to get us into Vietnam, or is that a fact? Building 7. Now who you gonna believe? The government that lied us into a war or your lying eyes? Building 7 was demolished by somebody. It didn't fall down because of a fire. But if I say that, that makes me a "conspiracy theorist." I think the term conspiracy theorist has an undue amount of negativity attached to it.
    Here's him on Seth Rich...

A spokesman for Rich's family on Tuesday said Wheeler was not authorized to speak for the family and called assertions Seth Rich sent emails to WikiLeaks unsubstantiated. And he said even if purported emails were to surface, it would not necessarily mean Rich had helped [WikiLeaks]. Remember all that? You remember the guy who said that? His name is Bauman and we found out who he is. He's a regular Democratic PR spokesperson. Isn't that weird that they would have a PR guy from the Democrats [...] working for that family and he's the one saying-- Remember that? That's crazy. That is crazy that he's saying that. Remember he went on to say "even if tomorrow, an email was found, it is not a high enough bar of..." He's already discounting evidence they haven't found yet. "Even if we find evidence, it doesn't mean anything." That's a Democratic PR guy saying that. Why would they have a Democratic PR guy saying that if this investigation, if it really wasn't, if this guy really wasn't connected to the freaking WikiLeaks? Why would he be discounting information that hasn't even shown up yet? How can you discredit evidence that you haven't gathered yet? That's what he's doing and that guy's a Democratic PR spokesperson. This is frickin' fishy as all get out, baby. There is more to come on this, pal. There is way more to come on this.

Also, thoughts on the Las Vegas Shooting.

Dore: I saw one picture of his room, I didn't see any shell casings. There should be a fucking pile of shell casings about four feet high. He shot sixty bullets a second for fucking ten minutes, are you kidding me?[122]

Walsh: There's a cab driver in the Mandalay Bay turnaround and you hear gunfire far away then you hear it right near the nightclub. And it's like that sounds like two different places.
    Dore: Two totally different guns! Two totally different placements! I've heard that.
    Walsh: But you're fucking psycho if—
    Dore: If you say that you're mental. See, here's what's happening lately. You can have an open murder investigation, which is what this is, and you ask questions about it, you're immediately shouted down. That's not supposed to happen during an investigation. They haven't even concluded what the fucking real investigation was supposed to say. So that's suspicious, exactly what you say, super suspicious. Why are they taking down YouTube videos that question the official narrative? If those YouTube videos are wrong, who gives a ****?
    This is the person Gabbard promoted via Twitter. Unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Warren identified herself as Native American. That's more specific than just claiming to have some ancestry.

Having a Native American ancestor at best six generations back (which would make her 1/64th Native American) would not justify listing her race as American Indian on a state bar application, contributing to cookbooks of Native American cuisine, or being listed as a woman of color in law school directories.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/polit...can/index.html
    So that's a yes on Trump's racist comments being okay. Got it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So that's a yes on Trump's racist comments being okay. Got it.
    It's more about you being wrong about Warren being accurate in her claims. Does 1/64th ancestry (at best) mean someone should identify themselves as American Indian on official documents like bar exam applications?

I haven't voted for Trump so I don't see any need to grapple with his comments. Can you explain the racism of the tweets?
    “If Elizabeth Warren, often referred to by me as Pocahontas, did this commercial from Bighorn or Wounded Knee instead of her kitchen, with her husband dressed in full Indian garb, it would have been a smash!”
    "Today Elizabeth Warren, sometimes referred to by me as Pocahontas, joined the race for President. Will she run as our first Native American presidential candidate, or has she decided that after 32 years, this is not playing so well anymore? See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz!"
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Klobuchar Pushes For Bill To Lift Protections For Wolves

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Senators from three states have introduced legislation to lift federal protections for gray wolves in Wyoming, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan and return responsibility for managing those populations to the states.

The bill introduced Tuesday comes from senators Ron Johnson and Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, John Barrasso and Enzi of Wyoming, and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota.
    The Interior Department has tried several times to take wolves in the four states off the endangered list but has been blocked by the courts. Both the Senate bill and one introduced in the House last week would prevent the courts from overruling the decision.

Similar proposals stalled out last year, partly due to White House opposition. But farm and rancher groups and other wolf hunting supporters hope that changes under the Trump administration.
    Not sure if this is a good idea or a bad idea.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It's more about you being wrong about Warren being accurate in her claims. Does 1/64th ancestry (at best) mean someone should identify themselves as American Indian on official documents like bar exam applications?

I haven't voted for Trump so I don't see any need to grapple with his comments. Can you explain the racism of the tweets?
    “If Elizabeth Warren, often referred to by me as Pocahontas, did this commercial from Bighorn or Wounded Knee instead of her kitchen, with her husband dressed in full Indian garb, it would have been a smash!”
    "Today Elizabeth Warren, sometimes referred to by me as Pocahontas, joined the race for President. Will she run as our first Native American presidential candidate, or has she decided that after 32 years, this is not playing so well anymore? See you on the campaign TRAIL, Liz!"
    Him mocking someone who really (no one really for awhile did look into Warren's history of Native American claims as 1/64th now) identified as Native American then and using a slur of calling her Pocahontas is just terrible to do. He is slurring Native Americans doing this horse **** repeatedly so he doesn't care. I mean he invited the kids who taunted a Native American to see him so we see where they rank to him.

It would be like if I mocked someone and called them Chief Jay Stronbow or Geronimo to mock them. Its terrible as **** and we should never excuse this. But hey gotta defend this terrible racist behavior I guess.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Klobuchar Pushes For Bill To Lift Protections For Wolves

Not sure if this is a good idea or a bad idea.
    Its not a bad idea for animal control and setting limits on it as pure as hunting goes. Because a big reason deer & bear hunting is now controlled is due to keeping the populations controlled. Because the populations of both can get really out of control and from what has been detailed for a few years the wolves have caused problems for farmers etc due to how many there is.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Wouldn't surprise me if this idiot is an anti-vaxxer too.

Awww, how cute. Talk about morons.

====================

Mick Mulvaney: ‘Absolutely Cannot’ Rule Out Another Government Shutdown

GOP Sen. Richard Shelby says talks on Capitol Hill to avert another shutdown are “stalled right now.“ Oh, yes, holding hundreds of thousands of government workers hostage worked so damn well for Republicans the last time, why not do it again?

Defiant Leaker Amid White House Probe Reveals Trump Still Ticking Off ‘Executive Time’

The president is refusing to change his schedule despite criticism over what sources characterize as easy time. Well, why should he? After all, Trump sets policy by watching the talking heads on Faux News.

Democrats Come For Susan Collins After Brett Kavanaugh Backs Anti-Abortion Law

Demand Justice is running ads reminding Maine voters that their senator, who claims to support abortion rights, voted to confirm Kavanaugh. Pfft! The only thing Collins supports is Trump.

Cory Booker On Talking About Race: ‘We Need A Better Conversation’

The 2020 presidential said people need to “extend grace” to those we talk to about racism, even if they’re asking about their own bigotry. No grace period. If, after all these years, people don't understand the evils of bigotry, they need to be shunned, not coddled.

Arizona’s ‘In God We Trust’ License Plates Found To Fund Anti-LGBTQ Group

Two new bills hope to increase regulations and remove the plate that a lawmaker says has fed over $1 million “to an extremist hate group.” Well, that's just plain hideous. Yo, WBE, did you know about this?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If the entire border policy of the United States nothing but a gigantic game of Red Rover, it would still be less stupid than the way Trump is handling it.

That you ask me to explain is the sad part. She has explained her reasons for claiming that over and over. It was her family's history, told to her by her parents. You bend over backwards to give every Republican the benefit of the doubt, but when it comes to Dems, GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY!
    And to not know making light of Wounded Knee and the Trail of Tears is offensive is illuminating.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-11-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

And another thing. Warren's claim of Native American ancestry is a "Major Scandal". Even though she never really benefited from it.
    But this doesn't seem to bother folks.

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s family benefited from U.S. program for minorities based on disputed ancestry

Were there DNA tests available to the public 40+ years ago?
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Were there DNA tests available to the public 40+ years ago?
    And the Boston Herald and Globe looked into this and found she did not get into the Texas Bar or Harvard because of this claim. (these were the two places she is criticized for using NA heritage)