Page 318 of 985 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418818 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 14769
    Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Anyone still "owning" the party that locks baby in cages and plans a trans genocide deserves to be shouted down. **** civility in the face of fascism.
    My hero, right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think you're confusing several arguments. This is largely a discussion about the effect of a law on trans people, so jumping from that to a claim that I think LGBT people in general don't deserve rights is massive stretch. My concern is also on the mechanism of a particular law, and not about whether trans people have rights (they do and they should.) The number of people affected jumped in your summary to several million, when you noted earlier there were 1.4 million trans individuals in the US (many of whom live in states with robust protections, and many others who will not be in a position to benefit from this particular type of protection.)
    You have a very positive personality Mets. Now me, I'm too jaded. I naturally assume that if a rule can be abused it will be. So sure in fact that I jump straight to the conclusion that if a rule can be abused it was put in place specifically to be abused. I just really, REALLY, wish the world would stop proving me right.

Guess this might explain why Avenatti was trying to skim money off of donations to Beto O'Rourke a while back...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/22/polit...der/index.html

Michael Avenatti is ordered to pay $4.8 million to former law partner

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Guess this might explain why Avenatti was trying to skim money off of donations to Beto O'Rourke a while back...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/22/polit...der/index.html
    Ya know he was really fun when he was just shitting on Trump instead of dragging other people into it.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Apparently an explosive device was found near George Soros' home. And there's that end result of all that anti-Semitic comments and conspiracy theories people been throwing around.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Apparently an explosive device was found near George Soros' home. And there's that end result of all that anti-Semitic comments and conspiracy theories people been throwing around.
    Right wing violence remains the big threat and it is far more pervasive, underreported, and underrecorded than most people realize. Hell, look at the way the media keeps giving platforms to the Proud Boys.

Some political humor

Sign Funny.jpg
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Well, Trump just declared himself a "nationalist" while campaigning for Ted Cruz in Texas, and he's white and says all sorts of racist s*** so...

Yeah, he's officially a white nationalist, now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, Trump just declared himself a "nationalist" while campaigning for Ted Cruz in Texas, and he's white and says all sorts of racist s*** so...

BUt WBE, he can't be a fascist white nationalist.

He waved a rainbow flag once so he's totes pro LGBT.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    In more shitty news:

Giant inflatable colon stolen in Kansas City

I bet you all need some time to digest that piece of news, so I'll see myself out.
    Colon. Digest. I get it. Hee, hee.

Well, not exactly sure what to make out of this one. It's not like NBC skews "Right".

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...inity_20181023

Republicans outpacing Democrats in early voting in key states, NBC News finds

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

So, does this mean we can finally stop pretending that the current Republican leadership is anything but a new spin on an old fascist plot? Trump has officially declared himself a Nazi in all but the single word.

Or can we count on the usual defenders of Republican 'virtue' to try to explain and excuse this away as our country continues to erode into a nightmare?

Oh, before I forget...

Apologies to those who feel that I have been 'shouting down dissenting voices'. I know how threatened cis/het white men get when a minority raises their voice in protest. I should try to be more sympathetic to the oppression Republicans suffer whenever they are confronted for committing atrocities/crimes/inhuman acts. Or for defending their leadership for doing do...

It is hard to be a cis/het white man in America, I know. Nothing is more oppressive or egregious than being held accountable, at least when you're THE most oppressed holders of centralized power in the world.
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-23-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well, not exactly sure what to make out of this one. It's not like NBC skews "Right".

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...inity_20181023

Apparently, this is normal to an extent:
    Republicans typically dominate early voting by absentee ballots, while Democrats tend to have the advantage with in-person early voting. So, for example, the entire early voting picture in Florida, which has yet to begin in-person voting, is incomplete.
    The question isn't that they're outpacing, as that's apparently normal, but /how much/ they are outpacing /by/ as compared to OTHER midterms based on what we know of the patterns, if we're looking to read tea leaves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Apparently, this is normal to an extent:

The question isn't that they're outpacing, as that's apparently normal, but /how much/ they are outpacing /by/ as compared to OTHER midterms based on what we know of the patterns, if we're looking to read tea leaves here.
    The entire thing with absentee ballots shows the true intentions behind ID laws - absentee ballots have the most proven cases of voter fraud yet none of the laws being passed seem to target them in the slightest.

Stochastic terrorism anyone?

Explosive Device Mailed To Liberal Philanthropist George Soros' New York Home

But someone tell me again how it's the violent leftists who are the problem.

E: Noticed I missed the post earlier by Information Geek, but I found a link I guess.
    Last edited by Dalak; 10-23-2018 at 02:09 AM.