Page 181 of 985 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 14769

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, as well as 2017, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of U.S. Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma, a man who cites the Bible as the evidence he needs to refute climate change (even contradicting Pope Francis' stance on the issue based on his Bible stance, which the Pope is kind of also an expert on), which he does with a passion beyond possibly any other Republican in Congress, most famously in the still frame above from C-SPAN, where he presented a snowball in Washington, D.C. in February as indisputable proof. He also criticized President Obama for attending the Paris climate change accords because climate change science "ignores God's power". He’s also pridefully bragged about his dedication to discrimination over his refusal to have ever employed a single gay staffer in his entire Congressional career, and boasted how there are no gay people among any of his 11 children or 47 grandchildren on the floor of the Senate, and in 2016, took to the floor of the Senate to condemn he idea of transgendered citizens being allowed to use the public bathroom of their choice, saying it was a "liberal agenda being crammed down the neck of Oklahoma" . Inhofe once declared 9-11 was “God’s Judgment on the American people for not doing enough to help Israel”. He also expressed his outrage in 2004 when the photos of American soldiers abusing detainees at the Abu Ghraib prison leaked to the public, because he thought everyone was making a fuss over people who deserved what they were getting. Inhofe not only once participated in a Republican filibuster of a bill from New York Senator Kristen Gillibrand that was aimed at preventing military sexual assault, but on the anniversary of that filibuster, he single-handedly moved to block her from bringing the bill to the floor for another vote. He has claimed there are no instances of fracking ever contaminating groundwater, anywhere. Oh, and rounding things out, James Inhofe voted against relief funding for Hurricane Sandy, which is rather hypocritical considering how much he falls all over himself to get disaster relief funding whenever any part of Oklahoma gets hit by a tornado (which is pretty frequent).

In the current term of Congress, Sen. Inhofe has already voted to confirm every member of Donald Trump's Cabinet of horrors, attempted to repeal the Affordable Care Act and leave 23 million Americans without health insurance, and voted to confirm Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, something he'd been keen on doing since immediately commenting on delaying the vote before Antonin Scalia's body was even cold. He is, at the moment, hanging onto his seat to try and get Brett Kavanaugh on there as well, ignoring that Kavanaugh perjured himself multiple times during his confirmation hearings, as well as his first confirmation hearing to become a federal judge.

We’ll add that not long after the death of Sen. John McCain, when the White House bizarrely took its flag down from half-mast ahead of every other institution in Washington, Sen. Inhofe blamed the breach of protocol not on a grudge Donald Trump had with McCain… but on the deceased Arizona Senator. That may have been because the entire time McCain was battling cancer, Inhofe was chomping at the bit to take his place as the head of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

James Inhofe is now 84 years old, and his seat is not up for re-election until 2020, when he will be 86. If there’s any good news we’re hoping to hear outside of a Trump impeachment, it’s Inhofe’s retirement without trying to float around the Senate into his 90s.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Hey look, corruption out in the open.

Our government should work for you, the #oilandgas industry - @RyanZinke #LOGAFM

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Everytime I read something about Ben Carson, it reminds me of when people used to describe an easy task as "it's not exactly brain surgery" . I think he makes that comparison obsolete

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I have no words so I'm just gonna leave this here. Yes, it's all an allegation, but.... yikes. Frigging yikes x10.

https://splinternews.com/court-docs-...got-1829233105
    I wondered why he hasn't shown up as a talking head on for a while now. The basket of deplorables must be pretty big these days.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wondered why he hasn't shown up as a talking head on for a while now. The basket of deplorables must be pretty big these days.
    Yep.

-----
    "Minnesota Rep. Jim Knoblach ends campaign amid daughter's allegations of inappropriate touching"

"Minnesota state Rep. Jim Knoblach abruptly ended his re-election campaign Friday amid allegations of inappropriate touching from his adult daughter.

Minnesota Public Radio reported the announcement came hours after the St. Cloud Republican's attorney, Susan Gaertner, denied the allegations in an interview with the station. She said the veteran lawmaker "does not want to drag his family through six weeks of hell."

Knoblach's 23-year-old daughter, Laura, told MPR that he inappropriately touched her for most of her life, with her first memories starting when she was 9 years old and continuing until she was 21. She said the activity included kissing, licking and biting her ears. She said she confided in close friends, family and authority figures at her school and church about his actions for more than a decade..."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ations-n912201

BANNED

Democrats are bad at messaging, even though we have the better message.

Does anyone actually like Donald Trump?

Come on. It’s rather presumptive to assert that no one likes Donald Trump. I mean the guy is married and his gorgeous wife … oh yeah, his wife doesn’t really seem to like him much. He made her sign a prenup and she’s been seen to physically reject his advances in public. He did have a much publicized affair right after their son was born and recently she’s been speaking out against his policies of locking up kids at the border. So yeah, probably not his wife.

Well his long-time friend and “fixer” Michael Cohen certainly must like Mr. Trump since they worked so closely for ages on … oh, yeah, Cohen just flipped on Trump in order to save his own neck. He’s now exposing all of Trump’s nefarious legal schemes to the special counsel. So no, probably not his lawyer.

Well certainly his campaign advisor Paul Manafort must - … oh right, Manafort just signed a plea bargain to reduce his jail time and is now spilling the beans on all of Trump’s Russian collusion to Mueller. Not him.

I’m sure there are people in the White House who … would … actually no. The Op Ed in the Times talks about a coterie of staffers who have to stop Trump from suddenly pushing the nuclear launch codes and a myriad of other insane impulses. The others there seem to just be lackeys who would do anything in order to just preserve their jobs. Not much in the way of “likers” there.

Well his voters … but they don’t really “know” the guy do they? In fact, they have to be aware that Trump would rather shoot himself in the head rather than sit down at a table for a single meal talking to the likes of them and their poor common working-class asses.

Well, what about his kids? Baron, Tiffany, Eric, Ivanka, and Donnie Jr.? Well the next people to flip on Trump are said to be Ivanka and Jared, hoping to preserve any sort of societal status they have left in New York after Trump leaves office. They’ll flee daddy like necrotic rats from a sinking trash barge. Tiffany has been MIA for months so she probably can’t stand the guy or she would be at his side spouting nonsense constantly. Eric is an idiot. Does he even know who his father is? And Donnie Jr. is a sociopath. By definition they can’t like anyone.

That leaves Barron, poor little Barron. He’s just a kid. He’s 12. He must love his dad. I mean, sure, Barron hardly ever sees his dad, or ever really saw his dad during his entire lifetime, but he must look up to him for … some reason … from afar. You know, the way 12-year-old boys do. Okay, so not many pre-adolescent boys really like their parents, but he looks … well he looks miserable. He has that same glint in his eye that haunts the other two sons and makes him look like he could pull out a gun any minute and shoot everyone in the room. But recently he’s started greasing his hair back just like his dad and the other two and … oh, that’s probably not a good thing. Let’s just leave Barron out of this.

So the answer is no. No one likes Donald Trump.

But that won’t keep him from trying. After all he refers to himself in the third person all the time as “your favorite president”. That should help.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Trump supporters still love and worship the ground he walks on. I mean he literally came out and threw **** on Department of Justice and FBI over how Mueller has him scared shitless now. And a Trump's supporter defense..."Why don't he look into Hillary and Obama ?" That is literally all they have left as the leader flails around scared.

I pretty much posted that Hillary Clinton herself had 7 investigations done over the years into Bengazi and nothing was proven. Obama hasn't done anything and its pretty funny as a defense.

EDIT - Now the dossier that led to all this was fake. Which as I joked it seems pretty real as its led to a bunch of convictions thus far lol.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 09-22-2018 at 03:48 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Swastikas painted on Josh Gottheimer campaign sign in Sussex County

A Sussex County couple woke Saturday morning to swastikas and other vulgar language and depictions spray painted on their garage and a lawn sign supporting Rep. Josh Gottheimer.

Collen Murch and Adam Stolarsky said that it was the second time their campaign sign was vandalized since they posted the 4-foot-by-8-foot sign at the corner of their Hampton Township property earlier in the week. The first time, the sign was knocked to the ground but not defaced, Stolarsky said.

Overnight on Friday, however, the sign was sprayed with images of swastikas, penises, happy faces and vulgar language directed at minorities and imploring passersby to “vote MAGA,” a reference to Donald Trump’s campaign slogan Make America Great Again.

“I never expected to find a swastika painted on my house any day in my lifetime, but here we are,” said Stolarsky, who is Jewish. “We don’t think this is targeted at anyone. We think it was just ‘they are liberals, they are Democrats’.”
    Stolarsky said that if anyone was being targeted for his religion, it was likely Gottheimer.

“I think it’s because Congressman Gottheimer is Jewish,” Stolarksy said.

"There’s no place for white supremacists or anti-Semitism in our broader community, and this vile hate-motivated crime certainly does not reflect the values of the people of Sussex County,” Gottheimer said in a statement Saturday. “I’m grateful to law enforcement for their quick response."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Trump supporters still love and worship the ground he walks on. I mean he literally came out and threw **** on Department of Justice and FBI over how Mueller has him scared shitless now. And a Trump's supporter defense..."Why don't he look into Hillary and Obama ?" That is literally all they have left as the leader flails around scared.

I pretty much posted that Hillary Clinton herself had 7 investigations done over the years into Bengazi and nothing was proven. Obama hasn't done anything and its pretty funny as a defense.

EDIT - Now the dossier that led to all this was fake. Which as I joked it seems pretty real as its led to a bunch of convictions thus far lol.
    It was never the dossier that led to the investigation tho. They were already looking into Page and Papadopolus

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    It was never the dossier that led to the investigation tho. They were already looking into Page and Papadopolus
    I'm pretty sir Manafort too, everyone was sayign he was dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    IIRC the real thing that made the dossier catch the notice of the FBI was that it was a second source saying things they had already heard from elsewhere.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And, sooner or later, that'll include the one percenters after Trump's tariffs eat into their profit margins.

====================

Senators And Christine Blasey Ford Tentatively Agree On Thursday Hearing

Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser has been embroiled in an intense negotiation with the Senate Judiciary Committee over her testimony. Grab your popcorn, folks!

Former Florida House Candidate On Kavanaugh Accusation: ‘What Boy Hasn’t Done This?’

Twitter goes stark raving mad. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. That was insane on steroids. Oh, by the way, when I was a boy, I never even entertained the notion of assaulting a girl, never mind actually do it. Once again, you've got deplorable GOP bitches who put party ahead of their gender. It's beyond disgusting!

Climate Change Comes Home To Roost In North Carolina

Breached swine lagoons. Overflowing coal waste ponds. Sewage in the streets. The hellish aftermath of climate-fueled Hurricane Florence. But hey, all those deniers, led by Dolt45 would tell you climage change doesn't exist. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

GOP Aide In Kavanaugh Confirmation Resigns As Sexual Harassment Claim Surfaces

Garrett Ventry’s exit marks another moment of turmoil in Kavanaugh’s confirmation. Boys will be scumbags in today's GOP.

FBI Group Rips Character ‘Attacks’ After Trump Slams Agency ‘Stench’

“Attacks on our character and demeaning comments about the FBI will not deter agents from continuing to protect the American people,” says association. AND investigating one Donald J. Trump.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-23-2018 at 07:47 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!