Page 637 of 678 FirstFirst ... 137537587627633634635636637638639640641647 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,555 of 10170

Why, why, why would any company do something that stupid.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, that would be a bigoted s***muffin using a straw man argument if I've ever seen one.
    It is always telling about them when they go there in these arguments. So we are in the longest Government shutdown ever tomorrow, over a useless wall. 800k people not getting paychecks today, people literally cutting down trees and shitting in the trails in national parks...

But, we worried about the next Democratic president trying to declare an emergency on a bathroom? The LGBT that much on his mind?

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Why, why, why would any company do something that stupid.
    Same reason Twitter keeps lying to me when they e-mail me to tell me they checked the tweets I reported and found nothing wrong with them, even though they clearly were in violation of their TOS: They are greedy and let bad algorithms do the work human beings would do better.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    So is empathy, though.

Wondering what made Republicans lose their natural empathy.
    I think it’s not a stretch to say that there’s plenty of people out there who think that empathy, sensitivity, or what-have-you makes one an “easy mark” or - more blatantly - “easy prey”.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    I think it’s not a stretch to say that there’s plenty of people out there who think that empathy, sensitivity, or what-have-you makes one an “easy mark” or - more blatantly - “easy prey”.
    And the vast majority of those probably self-identify as "Christians".
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I was skeptical about her at first, but the lady is really winning me over quickly.

Hillary was right!

Incredible Member

And the vast majority of those probably self-identify as "Christians".
    Religious fundamentalists are relatively easy to spot, sure.

I was skeptical about her at first, but the lady is really winning me over quickly.

"Ocasio-Cortez is not the future of the Democratic Party," says ancient past of the Democratic Party.

So is empathy, though.

Embracing the philosophies Ayn Rand, and elevating charlatan Evangelical preachers who place personal greed and power as a virtue over charity and kindness. It's not by accident, the "messaging" that conservative think tanks created to amplify a perversion of morality as "values" to their base over the course of decades, particularly during the Bush years with Fox News as the primary amplifier.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

They do realize that "Surviving R. Kelly" was made by a black woman?
    I suspect they knew, but just didn't care. It sounded to me like they were on an anti-white screed where facts didn't matter worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Just when you thought Republicans couldn't possibly sink any lower, they find brand new depths to plumb, and plumb it with a vengeance.

So is empathy, though.

My guess would be their endless pursuit of power and their intolerance of anything and everything that wasn't white, male, rich and straight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Same reason Twitter keeps lying to me when they e-mail me to tell me they checked the tweets I reported and found nothing wrong with them, even though they clearly were in violation of their TOS: They are greedy and let bad algorithms do the work human beings would do better.
    Either that or they're just too lazy to police their own search engine.

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

AOC is winning me over as well. She's going to drive the old farts on both sides of the aisle batshit insane, and have the time of her life doing it. Young, capable, don't-give-a-fuck-about-protocol firebrands like her is what the Dems need.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    AOC is winning me over as well. She's going to drive the old farts on both sides of the aisle batshit insane, and have the time of her life doing it. Young, capable, don't-give-a-fuck-about-protocol firebrands like her is what the Dems need.
    Of course, she is now going through what a young Hillary did. In 20 years, people might say she has too much baggage.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Muslim immigrant won the vote to maintain his position as Vice-Chair of the Republican party of the third most populated county of Texas by a 139-49 margin.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/01...i-vote-muslim/
    I'm curious if he was actually surprised by the behaviour of his fellow party members.

Edit: I guess he isn't judging by his comments.
    Why would he continue to be such a staunch supporter of a party that outright vilifies his religion? Self hatred?
    Last edited by ChadH; 01-11-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.