Page 784 of 985 FirstFirst ... 284684734774780781782783784785786787788794834884 ... LastLast
Results 11,746 to 11,760 of 14769
    Mighty Member

I like Bernie as a person and his ideas and everything, but man, if he doesn't get the nom, a whole pocket on the left will cry foul and sit out the general or protest vote or write-in votes or vote for Trump just to stick it to Hillary. It feels like we all have to vote for Bernie in the primary just to keep some people from throwing a fit and packing up and going home in November 2020.
    Last edited by ZombieHavoc; 02-19-2019 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I like Bernie as a dude and his ideas and everything, but man, if he doesn't get the nom, a whole pocket on the left will cry foul and sit out the general or protest vote or write-in votes or vote for Trump just to stick it to Hillary. It feels like we all have to vote for Bernie in the primary just to keep some people from throwing a fit and packing up and going home in November 2020.
    If they do that, then let them go home. If they aren't serious about using the power of the vote to elect a better candidate than Trump, if they are still stuck in 2016, then they aren't worth the effort. Appeasing them is like trying to appease Trump and his base. You can't make the irrational's happy, it's impossible.

I throw doggie biscuts at my dogs when they whine, don't expect me to throw 'biscuits' at voters who do nothing but whine and complain.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just wait for the debates. Imagine him trying to finger-wag Kamala Harris, or Amy Klobuchar, or Elizabeth Warren.
    The debates are going to be randomized, so they might not be in the same debate. But If Harris, Klobuchar, Warren, Sanders, and Booker are on the same debate floor I predict that this will happen.

Sanders will use his finger wag against all three women. If none of them speak up about it, then Booker will use part of his time to tell Sanders that what he is doing is disrespectful to the Senators and disrespectful to women everywhere. That will get one of the loudest applauses of the evening.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The hearing is to investigate alleged election fraud in North Carolina’s 9th district.
    Britt said that most of the ballots had the congressional race and sheriff’s race filled out, as those were the major elections that topped the ballots. She said that Dowless’ cohort would fill in the empty votes for more minor, down-ballot races.
    “Basically what we would do — what I would do — is to submit the vote for whoever was the Republican,” Britt testified.
    Britt said that they would tamper with the ballots at Dowless’ home or office.
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/d...gop-candidates

How about that.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Getting some snippets of Andrew McCabe's rounds of interviews today. It reminded me how much of a dick that Trump is for dragging McCabe's wife into his Twitter attacks. Nothing is too low for the El Crappo. And if you want to use that one, you can WestPhilly Just made that one up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I like Bernie as a person and his ideas and everything, but man, if he doesn't get the nom, a whole pocket on the left will cry foul and sit out the general or protest vote or write-in votes or vote for Trump just to stick it to Hillary. It feels like we all have to vote for Bernie in the primary just to keep some people from throwing a fit and packing up and going home in November 2020.
    Honestly, good. Maybe certain pockets of the Democratic Party shouldn’t have vilified him and his voters because they didn’t get what they wanted a few years ago. Sorry you don’t get to be dicks and then take it all back and hope people embrace you

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The debates are going to be randomized, so they might not be in the same debate. But If Harris, Klobuchar, Warren, Sanders, and Booker are on the same debate floor I predict that this will happen.

Sanders will use his finger wag against all three women. If none of them speak up about it, then Booker will use part of his time to tell Sanders that what he is doing is disrespectful to the Senators and disrespectful to women everywhere. That will get one of the loudest applauses of the evening.
    If it’s a habit that he does to everyone he’s debating against - male and female alike - then that’d just be selective judgement.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 02-19-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Honestly, good. Maybe certain pockets of the Democratic Party shouldn’t have vilified him and his voters because they didn’t get what they wanted a few years ago. Sorry you don’t get to be dicks and then take it all back and hope people embrace you
    "Trump: Four More Years."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    "Trump: Four More Years."
    If it really means that to you, then vote for Bernie if you think his supporters will torpedo the election. Otherwise it’s just empty words to get what you wanted and I don’t really need to take it seriously. I bit the bullet for Hillary last time. Now we can see how serious all her supporters were about party unity and stopping Trump. Should be interesting

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1097822623088734208

Bernie Sanders as he launches 2020 campaign: “We have got to look at candidates, you know, not by the color of their skin, not by their sexual orientation or their gender and not by their age.”
    Bernie has learned nothing from 2016.

If it really means that to you, then vote for Bernie if you think his supporters will torpedo the election. Otherwise it’s just empty words to get what you wanted and I don’t really need to take it seriously. I bit the bullet for Hillary last time. Now we can see how serious all her supporters were about party unity and stopping Trump. Should be interesting
    I'll vote for him if he's the nominee, but he's not my first, second... tenth... choice for nominee.

(Quite frankly, I want some Democrat to say they're going to kill the Filibuster. But none of them have. And that's incredibly disappointing. We all know how the GOP are at this point.)

Edit: Last time, I practically begged Bernie supporters to vote for Hillary. They didn't. I'm not begging this time.

Mighty Member

You don't really think the derision came from only one side last time, do you? I'm pretty sure that the staunch supporters of both Bernie and Hillary villified the **** out of each other.

I feel like you are saying that in 2016, Hillary had to court and sway the people who might not have voted for her otherwise, but for Bernie, it's **** it, eat **** if you don't like him.

I feel like in 2020 it's going to come down to something like Bernie vs. Kamala, with their supporters eating eachother. The Bernie side already generally has a huge thing with Kamala, so.

I don't plan to vote for Bernie in the primaries for real, that was hyperbole. He has to know he's throwing a wrench into the whole thing. If he wants Trump to remain president, then fine, I guess. But if Bernie does get the nom, obviously I'll vote for him in the general. Hopefully everyone else can not be dicks and just vote for the person who gets the nom.

Mighty Member

But, as I always, I already assume Trump is going to win in 2020 anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter.

If Bernie does get the nom, at least we'll get to test out the BernieWouldveWon hashtag.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'll vote for him if he's the nominee, but he's not my first, second... tenth... choice for nominee.

(Quite frankly, I want some Democrat to say they're going to kill the Filibuster. But none of them have. And that's incredibly disappointing. We all know how the GOP are at this point.)

Edit: Last time, I practically begged Bernie supporters to vote for Hillary. They didn't. I'm not begging this time.
    See that’s the thing though. They actually did vote for Hillary. A greater percentage of Bernie voters ended up voting for Hillary than the percentage of Gillatu voters that supported Obama. There’s actually no proof that an abormal number of Bernie voters choose not to support the nominee that literally any other elections. It’s really just a made up thing that people who want someone to select bland to have been clinging too.

Mighty Member

Aaaaaalso, I think it's kinda funny that he's like, hey there are a number of women of varying backgrounds and who sit and varying points on the lefty spectrum, and he's like, ah, nah, America needs another old white dude 4 prez.