Page 630 of 985 FirstFirst ... 130530580620626627628629630631632633634640680730 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 14769
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    AOC is winning me over as well. She's going to drive the old farts on both sides of the aisle batshit insane, and have the time of her life doing it. Young, capable, don't-give-a-****-about-protocol firebrands like her is what the Dems need.
    I'm at work so I can't post Youtube clips, but there's an interesting one of Whoopie Goldberg on The View going off on an highly critical of AOC rant. It was basically, "How dare this young person come in and tell us what's what!"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    My biggest concern about AOC, is that she may be moving too fast and may burn out too quickly or that if she makes a mistake (she is, after all, a freshman), it might make for a very short career.

When the public latches on to someone, that person can easily fall off their pedestal.

Another problem may be that she lets this go to her head and loses her way. Or gains some much attention that she can't get anything done, that she becomes the Congressional 'Red Shirt'.

That kind of early popularity has a number of pitfalls.
    I won't argue with anything you said, and you could well be right. However, the alternative is to be another sit in the corner, speak only when spoken to, toe the line party drone. The Dems already have to many of them, and it could be argued their inaction helped put Donald Trump in office when they deferred to Hillary Clinton being the party's standard bearer back in 2016. While I positively hate regurgitating the election, but as much as the GOP caught all kinds of holy hell, were ridiculed and made a national laughingstock for having too MANY candidates, the Dems were never called on the carpet or questioned for having too FEW. I suspect there had been more than the handful of candidates who ran back then, but they stayed on the sidelines, letting Hillary run almost unopposed (save for Bernie Sanders) because of some ridiculous notion that it was "Her time". At least that was how I read the situation. Perhaps the Dems need a few rabble rousers like AOC to stir the pot, not to the level of the Tea Party of course, but adding a few hard chargers to wake up and energize the party.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-11-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Personally if Warren were to run she's have my vote and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    She already is. Well... she "exploring".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Geezuz... humanity is sunk.
    It's like the cult of Caligula all over.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I don't get this.

The GOP controlled the entire government for the last two years.

Why now to start with this wall fiasco? Couldn't they have done it sooner?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I don't get this.

The GOP controlled the entire government for the last two years.

Why now to start with this wall fiasco? Couldn't they have done it sooner?
    They did not have the votes even then, but it would have been harder to blame Democrats if they had forced the issue when they still had the House.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Joint statement from the SCOTUS: RBG is cancer free! 0 traces of cancer.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Here's a fun story to lighten the mood.

Families of Sandy Hook shooting victims win legal victory in lawsuit against InfoWars and Alex Jones, after judge grants families’ discovery requests, allowing access to InfoWars’ internal marketing and financial documents.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Joint statement from the SCOTUS: RBG is cancer free! 0 traces of cancer.
    Best news I’ve heard all month.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Finding out how a paranoid right-wing conspiracy theorist markets to kooks and racists on his own internal documents?

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    They just ran the short "What's Coming Up..." for the local news.

Looks like the police may have been called to Kelly's Trump Tower apartment. It's getting to where "Depressing" is running neck and neck with "Weird".

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    "Ocasio-Cortez is not the future of the Democratic Party," says ancient past of the Democratic Party.
    Since a lot of the regulars are FNC(well, it was actually their "Business" network) side steppers, I took a look through that article when I posted the link yesterday. Even for that guy, it was seriously out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    While a little bit of it got coverage, Warren did look really amazing in every single clip that I saw. Her telling the crowd not to shout down a woman who was seeming bringing up a "Pro-Life" point was impressive. She really did seem like she could put a legit run together even though folks are trying to say otherwise when you take a look at the cable news outfits.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 01-11-2019 at 04:09 PM.

One other AOC bit that is seemingly on the "Comics" end of things. Looks like she might be quoting Rorschach...

https://www.cbr.com/watchmen-alexand...ampaign=CBR-TW

Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez Quotes Watchmen in Response to Critics
    Early Friday morning, an article on Politico suggested that the House Democratic Caucus was "exasperated" with Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the newest representative from New York's 14th District. This led to a response on Twitter from Latino Victory Fund President Cristobal J. Alex where he noted, "Let me try and save folks some time here. You cannot rein in Latinas. They rein you in. #YearOfTheLatina #FutureIsLatina"

Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez retweeted Alex's comment and added "To quote Alan Moore: “None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME.”

Astonishing Member

GoFundMe "Trump Wall" campaign to refund all donors after falling short of $1 billion goal

Damn I was rooting for these idiots. Wonder if they didn't get their checks today because of the trump shutdown?

You thought they were fussy when they made those donations. Wait until they get them back.