Page 660 of 985 FirstFirst ... 160560610650656657658659660661662663664670710760 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 14769

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Ooooooh WBE!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is that Chuck C. Johnson walking with Reps. Phil Roe and Andy Harris?

Both waited for him to get through security.
    Just casually hanging around a holocaust denier.

So this happened.

thinghappened.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No time soon I fear. I’ve maintained Trump doesn’t give a **** about border security, this is all about “winning” (as in re-election) at any cost, nothing else matters, including those furloughed workers. If Trump loses this fight, he’ll lose his base, once that happens, cowardly Republicans will finally grow a spine and abandon him, leaving Dolt45 exposed to being machine gunned by Robert Mueller once the report on the Russia Investigation is released. With Dems having reclaimed the House, this is Trump’s last best play to hold on to his power, he’ll let the country burn before he gives up this battle.
    I'm not even sure it's about winning the next election although I know he can't win if he backs down on this now that he's started it because he would lose his ignorant, bigoted core following. But I think he pushed it this far to begin with because he's a bully and this is his grand gesture to publicly make everyone back down to him even if he has to hold the country hostage to do it. He can't stand the idea that people may successfully defy him.
    Power with Girl is better.

Meanwhile, the Republicans are playing by the old rules of demanding that the Democrats bail them out of their own problems by needing to be the adults in the room. I think they're shocked that the Democrats /aren't/.

While I'm normally on the fence about that particular CNN host, the guy's face when Rudy said that was truly priceless.

Still pretty convinced that Rudy is just a smoke bomb that they toss when things are going down.

"Government shutdown isn't going well? Get Rudy to go on CNN, and pull a fire alarm."
    Last edited by numberthirty; 01-16-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    So this happened.

thinghappened.JPG
    AOC is teaching Democrats how to use Social Media (https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1085729475508154368). She went on the hunt for Mitch McConnell today, trying to shine a light on turtle, and #WheresMitch has been trending all day.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fres...connell-2019-1
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 01-16-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm not even sure it's about winning the next election although I know he can't win if he backs down on this now that he's started it because he would lose his ignorant, bigoted core following. But I think he pushed it this far to begin with because he's a bully and this is his grand gesture to publicly make everyone back down to him even if he has to hold the country hostage to do it. He can't stand the idea that people may successfully defy him.
    I think it's worst than that. I think he knows he won't stay president much longer and he wants to cause as much damage as he can. For the next few months, he will try to be the most disruptive president the US have ever known. And if he can create an economic disaster, so be it! That's what I think he is.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    AOC is teaching Democrats how to use Social Media (https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1085729475508154368). She went on the hunt for Mitch McConnell today, trying to shine a light on turtle, and #WheresMitch has been trending all day.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fres...connell-2019-1
    I saw that! AOC's amazing. Dems could definitely stand to learn a lot from her usage of social media.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I saw that! AOC's amazing. Dems could definitely stand to learn a lot from her usage of social media.
    Someone really needs to remind politicians that there's a difference between knowing how to use Twitter and having an interesting personality that connects with people, and that one in no way implies the other. Elected officials should just be comfortable in their own skin, if you're a boring old policy wonk, just focus on that and stop trying to act relatable, it will only backfire, e.g. Pokemon go to the polls.

OH WBE-EEeeeeee..

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/a...s-associations

Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD) confirmed to TPM Wednesday that he’d had “a discussion” with Holocaust denier and right-wing troll Chuck C. Johnson.

In a statement Harris’ press secretary shared with TPM Wednesday evening, the congressman said he was “unaware of his previous associations.”
    “I am unaware of his previous associations, but we had a discussion involving his business with genetic sequencing,” the statement read. “Of course I disavow and condemn white supremacy and anti-semitism.”
    HuffPost’s Matt Fuller posted a picture of Harris and Johnson, alongside someone who appeared to be Rep. Phil Roe (R-TN)

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Someone really needs to remind politicians that there's a difference between knowing how to use Twitter and having an interesting personality that connects with people, and that one in no way implies the other. Elected officials should just be comfortable in their own skin, if you're a boring old policy wonk, just focus on that and stop trying to act relatable, it will only backfire, e.g. Pokemon go to the polls.
    Yes

Yes. We can sense the cringe.

Don't know if this got a mention. Not exactly a surprising move. While I don't think much of them, they could do better...

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...oins-nbc-msnbc

Ex-Sen. McCaskill joins NBC, MSNBC

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Rudy Giuliani Gets Heated With Chris Cuomo: ‘I Never Said There Was No Collusion’

Trump’s attorney told the CNN host that even “if the collusion happened, it happened a long time ago.” Another instance of Rantin' Rudy having eschewed his anti-psychotic drugs before going on camera. Meanwhile....

Don Lemon Says Giuliani’s CNN ‘Performance’ Is Proof He’s Up To Something

The CNN host said there was a method to the madness of Trump’s attorney. If that's the case, I don't see it. Meanwhile....

Ex-RNC Chair Puts Trump-Supporting Senators On Notice: ‘It’s All Collusion’

Michael Steele calls out GOP lawmakers for giving “cover to this president.” Not to mention enabling Trump at almost every turn to boot.

Agency That Approved Trump’s Hotel Lease Ignored The Constitution: Report

A government report says the emoluments issue leaves a “constitutional cloud” over the president’s D.C. hotel. No ****, Sherlock! Really? What was the first clue?

Steve Carell Starring In Netflix Comedy Based On Trump’s Space Force

The actor created the show with Greg Daniels, who co-created the American version of “The Office.” Oh! This should be interesting! Especially when butthurt Trumpanzees start bitching about Carell making fun of their fearless leader.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!