Page 672 of 985 FirstFirst ... 172572622662668669670671672673674675676682722772 ... LastLast
Results 10,066 to 10,080 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    More extortion. Trump ended DACA. Now he's offering to reinstate it for his Wall in exchange for opening the Government which he also shut down. No giving in to thugs.
    His hostage list is growning. First it's the 800,000 governemnt workers, now it's the Dreamers. All he is doing is taking more hostages.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    True. But they do the same about Jewish people, calling them 'the former chosen people'. Meanwhile, those same Jew-hating protestants are all gung-ho about supporting Israel so that Jesus can come back and forcibly convert/otherwise eradicate the old chosen people to make room for the new chosen people...protestants.

So hating the right people can make a Protestant look the other way about religion, at least for a while.
    I grew up with family who were Baptist and family who were Catholic. It's a problem.

Antisemitic evengelicals (which is more of them than it should be, but is still only some of them) don't overlook the religion of Israeli Jews; they're a means to an end. The significant increase in antisemitic hate crimes in the past few years doesn't paint a picture of tolerance.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    His hostage list is growning. First it's the 800,000 governemnt workers, now it's the Dreamers. All he is doing is taking more hostages.
    Yeah, and I still fear Trump might furlough the ENTIRE government. I wouldn’t put anything past him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I grew up with family who were Baptist and family who were Catholic. It's a problem.

Antisemitic evengelicals (which is more of them than it should be, but is still only some of them) don't overlook the religion of Israeli Jews; they're a means to an end. The significant increase in antisemitic hate crimes in the past few years doesn't paint a picture of tolerance.
    I only grew up Baptist. Gossip and backbiting and judgemental behavior were the order of the day, and being 'better' than every other religion was there too. Thankfully, I got out before it got too dug into my brain, but man...some of the things we got taught were, looking back on it, monstrous...

Like turning my grandfather's memorial service into an altar call for conversion, or pressuring me to get baptized 'so my grandmother, who probably doesn't have many years left, will know I'm going to heaven', or that explaining why Phoenix of the X-Men is called that is actually preaching 'Eastern religion', or that the Jews will all convert or otherwise 'not be a problem, once Jesus comes back'. Or that gay people deserve AIDS for sinning in such a blasphemous way. And that's just a taste...

It definitely shades my perceptions of religion, and of course religiously motivated bigotry and fanaticism in America, for sure.
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-19-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Amazing Member

Wouldn't Trump need at least three more walls in addition to the one on the Mexican border: one for the Canadian border and two more for the east and west seaboards?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Wouldn't Trump need at least three more walls in addition to the one on the Mexican border: one for the Canadian border and two more for the east and west seaboards?
    "Escape from New York" but on a National level. Basically trying to turn the U.S. into the U.S.S.R.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    My theory is his college choices will now be far more limited, but he'll still be able to go to Liberty or Bob Jones University.
    Or one of the smaller military academies, like the Citadel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Support For Palestinian Rights Should Be A Mainstream Idea, Not Suppressed
    BDS has three main demands for Israel: end its occupation of the West Bank, East Jerusalem, Gaza and the Syrian Golan Heights; grant Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel full equality under the law; and establish a right-of-return policy for Palestinian refugees. Until that happens, BDS aims to pressure the Israeli government through boycotts, divestment and sanctions.
    I would probably be called a die-hard Zionist here, but the main point of disagreement is the first one (Comprehensive peace deals and full protection of anyone who wishes to stay seem non-negotiable, and I quietly hope for a one-state solution anyway). Second is a no-brainer that is already on the books but needs to be enforced far more comprehensively. The only caveats I place on the third is "Give up on the Zionists going anywhere" and "You're probably going to have to take cash in lieu of grandpa's homestead/house".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The problem is White Supremacists/Alt Right/Neo Nazis have heavily used the "We're not anti-semites, we've just got a problem with Israel" line so often its become a dogwhistle.
    That and, sad to say, Israel is singled out as the Most Horrid Regime Ever for crap so many others get passes on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    I think too many people still think that national boundaries are always clearly sealed off by some hard physical barrier when in reality that is rarely the case:

This probably stems from the fact that most of the places where people actually cross tend to be barricaded to some degree, and so we naturally extrapolate that to the entire border, even though building a wall across a long stretch of open terrain is almost always a bad idea unless you have enough manpower to guard every section.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, and I still fear Trump might furlough the ENTIRE government. I wouldn’t put anything past him.
    Oh, he definitely will Oct. 1st.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    "This weekend, D.C. is unusually crowded. The third Women's March is happening Saturday, but on Friday it was preceded by the long-running anti-abortion March for Life and the Indigenous Peoples March. For the people attending the latter, it's an especially fraught time as the government shutdown is interfering with many basic services for Native Americans. This comes months after the Supreme Court ruled against Native voting rights in North Dakota, and just days after the president cracked jokes on Twitter about historic massacres.

Multiple videos have surfaced since Friday showing a group of teenage boys crowded around attendants of the Indigenous Peoples March. In the footage of the encounter, many of the boys are wearing Make America Great Again hats, and can be seen laughing at and imitating a Native drummer. One boy even stands directly in front of the drummer, as close as he can get, staring the man down for several minutes."

"The boys are reportedly from the all-boys Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky, though according to the Cincinnati Enquirer there's no confirmation for that yet (the Enquirer did report that the school's website announced students would be traveling to D.C. for the March for Life). According to Indian Country Today, the man in the video is Omaha elder and Vietnam vet Nathan Phillips.

The Indigenous Peoples March is neither a partisan nor explicitly anti-Trump event."

https://www.gq.com/story/maga-hat-in...-peoples-march
    NB4 "We were just cheering them on and trying to be friendly"

Seriously, if the Nativist wing of the Republicans want to be taken seriously as something other than White Supremacists they need to push for far more conciliation with the actual Natives....

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    NB4 "We were just cheering them on and trying to be friendly"
    They were yelling "build the wall" at people of color. I don't know how anyone could perceive they were "cheering them on", unless the were saying the Native Americans should be allowed to build walls to keep more white people out.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    And he's promising to fix a problem he created with an executive order already.

Which he could immediately reverse with a third executive order. F*** him. He can absolutely not be trusted, the lying, traitorous s*** that he is.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.