Page 74 of 985 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 14769
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It was beautiful watching a cowardly President cry over witch hunt today as he ran to his limo to hide from reporters who were asking , "What about Michael Cohen , Mr. President !" As he refused to answer. Anyone got some odds Trump brings up Cohen at the rally and buries himself worse for Mueller ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Team Mueller gets to retry on 10 charges ... lost by 1 vote a piece.

So Manafort is fucked. Hard.

EDIT TO ADD:

11-1, 11-1, 11-1, 11-1, 10-2, 10-2, deadlock, deadlock, 11-1, deadlock.

So not 1 vote but that's gotta make Team Mueller's day.

They get to retry on the conspiracy charges and that tells them they just have to have a judge not screw up the record entry.

Judge agreed that not permitting the passports (proves the location of where Manafort and Gates were) was a critical error.

Yeah, Paul will be taking a plea deal now. He's already at 80+ years.

Where did you get that jury count from? I wanted to link it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So what will Fox News discuss tonight since they are a joke on mankind ? More national anthem horse **** ? Maybe throw on analysts to discuss how great Trump is so we can all laugh at them for not actually covering fucking news ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Meanwhile, Rep. Duncan Hunter of California is also in trouble.

Rep. Duncan Hunter and his wife, Margaret, were indicted Tuesday on charges related to the misuse of $250,000 worth of campaign funds for personal expenses and the filing of false campaign finance records.

The charges of wire fraud, falsifying records, campaign finance violations and conspiracy were the culmination of a Department of Justice investigation that has stretched for more than a year, during which the Republican congressman from California has maintained his innocence.
    The Justice Department said the Hunters are scheduled to be arraigned Thursday morning in federal court in San Diego.
    Republican Party leaders had long worried that with a potential indictment looming, Hunter's traditionally safe district, which makes up much of eastern San Diego County, could be at risk of Democratic takeover in November's midterm election.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So what will Fox News discuss tonight since they are a joke on mankind ? More national anthem horse **** ? Maybe throw on analysts to discuss how great Trump is so we can all laugh at them for not actually covering fucking news ?
    Murder of co-ed by illegal.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So, the counts that were declared mistrials, does that mean those counts will be relitigated, in front of a different judge, with a different jury?
    Same judge, different jury.

Defense can ask for a change of judge in this case BUT considering how much he helped them ... they probably won't ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It means they can be.
    Team Mueller indicated they are working on a plea deal with Manafort, but plan to retry during his criminal case unless Manafort takes the new deal.

They're doing exactly what Guillani did to the mobs and what Team Mueller did to Al Queda; wear down a feeder fish with many trials happening at the same time until they start frying the big ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Which, I imagine, Manafort and his legal team would want to avoid. Wonder what the plea deal will be...this is better than Law & Order...
    Guaranteed it involved parole because none of the charges came with parole.
    It was beautiful watching a cowardly President cry over witch hunt today as he ran to his limo to hide from reporters who were asking , "What about Michael Cohen , Mr. President !" As he refused to answer. Anyone got some odds Trump brings up Cohen at the rally and buries himself worse for Mueller ?
    McGahn is expected to be pleading guilty to obstruction at POTUS direction.

Pretty much guarantees each public outburst 45 has had, will just add more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Where did you get that jury count from? I wanted to link it.
    Gin and Tacos, WaPo, and NPR had the verdict sheet I posted. Gin and Tacos had one with the vote tally. I cannot find it again but will post it when I do.

It should be noted, though, the record will indicate deadlock on 10 charges, meaning they could be 11-1 or even 1-11.

This vvvvv
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    "In fairness, Cohen doesn't say which candidate directed him to commit felonies. Tonight on Hannity we'll learn it was Hillary Clinton."

via Gin and Tacos.
    Also, the seals come off at 9AM tomorrow.

We will find out what the 11th hour plea deal was to Manafort.

It will give us a basis for what his new one will be.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-21-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

What's the point of a plea deal when you're already looking at 80 years in prison? What, knock it down to 50 or 60? Manafort would still likely die in jail with that sentence. At least by going to trial for the other charges, Manafort gets to spend several weeks in court that would otherwise be spent in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    What's the point of a plea deal when you're already looking at 80 years in prison? What, knock it down to 50 or 60? Manafort would still likely die in jail with that sentence. At least by going to trial for the other charges, Manafort gets to spend several weeks in court that would otherwise be spent in prison.
    Possibly parole if he works a deal maybe. That could be it as well as a cushy white collar prison stay if he works a deal. I think Manafort thought like Cohen that Trump would be able to protect them. That somehow being President meant he could do whatever he wanted. Not realizing that his power has some limits.

Possibly parole if he works a deal maybe. That could be it as well as a cushy white collar prison stay if he works a deal. I think Manafort thought like Cohen that Trump would be able to protect them. That somehow being President meant he could do whatever he wanted. Not realizing that his power has some limits.
    Parole has the same problem. He'd be an old man by the time he qualifies for parole. He'd be as institutionalized as Brooks in Shawshank Redemption. But I could see the plea deal involving where he goes. Maybe he works out a deal to spend his sentence in a minimum security prison, with tennis courts and heated swimming pools. The prison equivalent of Mar A Lago.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Parole has the same problem. He'd be an old man by the time he qualifies for parole. He'd be as institutionalized as Brooks in Shawshank Redemption. But I could see the plea deal involving where he goes. Maybe he works out a deal to spend his sentence in a minimum security prison, with tennis courts and heated swimming pools. The prison equivalent of Mar A Lago.
    Parole means he could get visits from wife and kids, too.

Not the case as it stands right now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Time for a new verse ...

fire.jpg

I just want to remind everyone of what happens if the Blue Wave flips the House for Democrats...

All of the House Intelligence Committee being controlled by the GOP? Where they can waste years on Benghazi, and then try to put up a blockade on the Russian investigation as Devin Nunes f***s with the investigation from within, and Louie Gohmert can scream at Peter Strzok while he's testifying?

Script gets flipped. And based on things you're seeing from Trump, Cohen, and Manafort as co-conspirators in financial crimes and illegal campaign financing... on TOP of Russia... and then you have whoever the mystery Congressman who benefited from Russian help... while Chris Collins was insider trading and Duncan Hunter was using campaign finance as pocket money... I mean...

The FBI already has things moving along. But the Democrats can continue to drag these idjits into public hearings on any number of corruption cases, to dig the knife in deeper going into 2020. Whether or not someone is impeached by then, if they flip the House, the news cycle is going to be a non-stop barrage of Republican corruption that's going to handicap their odds going forward.

However, remember, as always, Democrats always find a way to f*** up in the clutch. But the table is really getting set for them.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I just want to remind everyone of what happens if the Blue Wave flips the House for Democrats...

All of the House Intelligence Committee being controlled by the GOP? Where they can waste years on Benghazi, and then try to put up a blockade on the Russian investigation as Devin Nunes f***s with the investigation from within, and Louie Gohmert can scream at Peter Strzok while he's testifying?

Script gets flipped. And based on things you're seeing from Trump, Cohen, and Manafort as co-conspirators in financial crimes and illegal campaign financing... on TOP of Russia... and then you have whoever the mystery Congressman who benefited from Russian help... while Chris Collins was insider trading and Duncan Hunter was using campaign finance as pocket money... I mean...

The FBI already has things moving along. But the Democrats can continue to drag these idjits into public hearings on any number of corruption cases, to dig the knife in deeper going into 2020. Whether or not someone is impeached by then, if they flip the House, the news cycle is going to be a non-stop barrage of Republican corruption that's going to handicap their odds going forward.

However, remember, as always, Democrats always find a way to f*** up in the clutch. But the table is really getting set for them.
    Maybe they can investigate Nunes for obstruction...

I just want to reiterate this...

The first Congressman to endorse Trump for president was Chris Collins... who has been indicted and resigned.
    The second Congressman to endorse Trump for president was Duncan Hunter... who just go indicted.

Jeff Sessions was the first member of the Senate to endorse him, for reference.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah, and look at how Trump has paid Sessions back.