Page 448 of 985 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548948 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 14769
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I wish there was more talk of finding some way to oust Mitch McConnell. He's a real threat. Seriously, why aren't more people on both sides bringing up Mitch McConnell as someone who needs to be kicked out?
    Agreed 100 percent. Pelosi is not some Kentucky Fried Machaivelli who makes up rules as he goes along like Turtle Boy. McConnell is pretty safe. I don't think you ever hear Trump say a peep about him since he's been pretty efficient at getting those court picks done. But I suspect that Trump is the tool and McConnell the manipulator there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    He needs to go more than anyone, but he also keeps bringing his side wins, so it's not likely that he is going to be ousted barring a major setback.

Although on the Schumer v Pelosi issue, Schumer only needed half the Democrats in the Senate to confirm him, whereas Pelosi needs half the entire House, meaning more than 90% of the Democrats need to agree on her if she doesn't want to require some Republican votes. Basically, she has a much higher threshold to reach, making it easier for anyone who wants to mount a challenge to at least manage the first step of denying her the position.
    Do the Republicans even vote for Speaker of the House in this situation? I thought it was just the Party in power that votes among themselves for the Speaker and all other officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Still ranting a bit so any harshness is not directed at you lol.

I at least want to know who the challenger is though. Like mount a challenge fine, I'm more attached to results than Pelosi as a person, but who are we talking about here? I don't think there is currently a front runner just an assortment of congress people. And no one i've spoken to about this has given me a name of who they like the best. It's just "Pelosi has the go". If they are okay with anyone then why the rush to oust her?
    Some of the Dems who ran in redder districts specifically said they wouldn't vote to confirm her as speaker. It won't look good for them to break campaign promises as the very first thing they do after being sworn in.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

This is scary:

Authorities find a rocket launcher and pipe bombs during raid of Florida terror cell

Authorities also seized “several pounds” of meth and fentanyl.

Prosecutors accused one man, 31-year-old Richard Mormon, of having “at least two fully functional pipe bombs” though authorities were unsure what he planned on doing with them.

The United Aryan Brotherhood is, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the nation’s oldest prison-based white supremacist group. The Anti-Defamation League reported that Unforgiven is a Florida-based neo-Nazi prison group whose insignia “consists of an interlocking Iron Cross and swastika, with SS lightning bolts in the center.”

In May, 57 members of white supremacist groups in Texas — including the state’s Aryan Brotherhood — were charged in a similar meth sting.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Do the Republicans even vote for Speaker of the House in this situation? I thought it was just the Party in power that votes among themselves for the Speaker and all other officers.
    The minority party typically votes against, but they can vote for anyone, or merely vote 'present' which lowers the threshold needed to reach 50% +1. Majority and Minority leaders merely need 50% +1 of their own party, but the Speaker of the House needs 50% +1 of the entire House of Representatives, making them unique out of all the positions in Congress (The VP typically fills the ceremonial equivalent in the Senate, with real power belonging to the Majority Leader).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Republicans flirting with candidates to primary Trump

Something to keep an eye on, it's only happened twice in history but this presidency is all about subverting norms.

Who care? He’ll just threaten to run anyways like he did last time and shut it down

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Who care? He’ll just threaten to run anyways like he did last time and shut it down
    Shut what down? The primary against him?

Oh, you mean shut it down by threatening to run as an independent? I'm not sure he has enough liquidity to do so.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 11-17-2018 at 11:16 AM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Some of the Dems who ran in redder districts specifically said they wouldn't vote to confirm her as speaker. It won't look good for them to break campaign promises as the very first thing they do after being sworn in.
    I've heard speculation that if she offers some of them the right deal that they can then go back to their distinct and say that they changed their vote in exchange for something good for the district.

She's a wily one, it's part of what makes her effective,so I assume she has the perfect deal and the perfect leverage to change some of those votes.
    Last edited by Mecegirl; 11-17-2018 at 11:25 AM.

While this is super serious I can't help but laugh at the description of their insignia. Its just all the Nazi symbols on top of each other. Like really? I guess they are three times the Nazi?

While this is super serious I can't help but laugh at the description of their insignia. Its just all the Nazi symbols on top of each other. Like really? I guess they are three times the Nazi?
    You're once, twice, three times a Nazi.... And I haaaate youuuuu

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://twitter.com/LamarWhiteJr/sta...92983254822912

Attachment 73867

Cindy Hyde Smith caught on video telling the truth about voter suppression.
    She's a racist too, just saying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I wish there was more talk of finding some way to oust Mitch McConnell. He's a real threat. Seriously, why aren't more people on both sides bringing up Mitch McConnell as someone who needs to be kicked out?
    Because Republicans double down on their stupid and Democrats toss ours under the bus in two seconds?
    Also, sadly, McConnell has been getting more "Wins" then Schumer or Pelosi.

Rant incoming....

This Pelosi thing is getting more and more annoying. Like, can I get a name? Where is this new blood with the skills to do the job? I'll support them once they step up to the plate. Right now there is just a vague idea of someone that passes the purity test but no actual person. If that person doesn't speak out this is all useless. Stop giving the right the satisfaction of seeing us squabble over nothing.
    If you read ac ouple pages back. I LITERALLY posted SEVERAL Names. But like Normal they get ignored. So then I have to post things that get ignored again, then get cherry picked for "Purity" Lol.

Barbara Lee
    Marcia Fudge to name a few, Last I checked, they weren't spring chickens.

Pelosi can help them, then get the **** on.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Because Republicans are smart enough to realize that he has been a useful utility for them and don’t want to cut their nose off to spite their face
    This, all the this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Also, sadly, McConnell has been getting more "Wins" then Schumer or Pelosi.
    That is because McConnell has a majority in the Senate. What accomplishments do you think the minority Party should have. They stopped the repeal of Obamacare and the only real legislative success McTurtle has had under Trump is the awful Tax cut.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I've heard speculation that if she offers some of them the right deal that they can then go back to their distinct and say that they changed their vote in exchange for something good for the district.

She's a wily one, it's part of what makes her effective,so I assume she has the perfect deal and the perfect leverage to change some of those votes.
    A commitee seat that influences the largest industry in your district, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    This, all the this.
    You do realize he was saying that Democrats are cutting off their nose to spite their face by ousting Pelosi right?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.