Page 526 of 985 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576626 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Have we checked the President to make sure he isn't a Russian robot wearing a human suit?
    No robot is that dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Have we checked the President to make sure he isn't a Russian robot wearing a human suit?
    If so, it’s really shoddy craftsmanship.

BANNED

I'm trying to figure out why FIVE Democrats in the House voted for More war?

But when I disagree with Corporate Democrats people get triggered, and say things like "STOP ATTACKING DEMOCRATS!!!"

We gotta stop the bullshit.

Bernie Sanders: Saudi War In Yemen Is Worst Humanitarian Disaster On The Planet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why does the NRA continue to exist after being unmasked as a conduit for Russian money to effect our elections. Acorn was ended after one shady video. Do Conservative organization get a pass where progressive ones don't?
    1000000000000%

Washington (CNN)Republican Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, the chairman of the powerful Senate Armed Services Committee, purchased thousands of dollars in defense stock after successfully pushing the Trump administration for more Defense Department spending.

According to his Senate financial disclosure report, Inhofe listed a purchase of $50,000-$100,000 in stock in US defense contractor Raytheon. Inhofe's communications director said he canceled the transaction when he became aware of it.

The Daily Beast was the first to report on the stock purchase.

President Donald Trump recently agreed to a defense budget of $750 billion for the coming year, reversing his plans to shrink a $716 billion defense budget allocated in 2019 that he thought was too much money, calling it "crazy." Trump's decision came out of a meeting with Inhofe, along with Defense Secretary James Mattis and the chairman of the House Armed Services committee, Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas. The listed date for the purchase was Tuesday, a week after the meeting.

The purchase will raise conflict of interest questions because Inhofe is now the leader of the Senate committee that approves the Pentagon's budget. Inhofe recently took over the chairmanship of the committee after the death of Sen. John McCain, the Arizona Republican who had long served as the top Republican on the committee.

Inhofe's communications director Leacy Burke told CNN in a statement that "the senator was not aware of this stock purchase until it came through the system very early this morning."

"All of Sen. Inhofe's financial transactions are handled by a third-party adviser," Burke said. "The senator has had no involvement in and has not been consulted about his stock transactions."

Burke said that Inhofe told his financial adviser to reverse the transaction once he was aware.

"This means that the transaction was canceled before it was settled; the senator never took ownership of it," she said.

Burke said a new report had been filed with the Senate ethics office. An amended report was posted Wednesday night without the Raytheon stock purchase listed.
    Congress, as a whole, have different rules than Joe/Jane Public and have seemed perfectly fine with that reality for a long time.

BANNED

I'm posting this I guess because when it happened I think I made fun of her also. Because in my dumb brain, If you get burned from hot coffee, it's your fault.
    But man this is why We need not only Policy for Medicare for all, but Judicial Reform and legal reform.
    We can't continue to laugh at people without power.

Breaking down the exact "Why?" what Pelosi did would be an issue anywhere except in Congress...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

But when I disagree with Corporate Democrats people get triggered, and say things like "STOP ATTACKING DEMOCRATS!!!"

Not much of a shocker.

Folks want to say "Why don't you at least give them a minute before you start taking them to task?"

It's been a minute. This is what they do.

Finally taking some steps to end it

Senate votes to end US military support of Saudis in Yemen
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

The Trump gov't put out a call, asking legal immigrants to sponsor some of the 1,000's of kids in cages. Desperate to help, 170 kind ppl stepped up, hoping to finally free the kid from captivity. Turns out, it was a sting operation. Then came the arrests.
    Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Fuck these people.

The 206-203 vote was largely divided along party lines, but 18 Republicans voted against the measure. Democratic Representatives Jim Costa of California, Al Lawson of Florida, Collin Peterson of North Dakota, Dutch Rupperberger of Maryland, and David Scott of South Carolina voted in favor.

FIVE DEMOCRATS VOTE WITH REPUBLICANS TO BLOCK VOTE ON SAUDI ARABIA'S WAR IN YEMEN

Fuck these people.

The 206-203 vote was largely divided along party lines, but 18 Republicans voted against the measure. Democratic Representatives Jim Costa of California, Al Lawson of Florida, Collin Peterson of North Dakota, Dutch Rupperberger of Maryland, and David Scott of South Carolina voted in favor.

FIVE DEMOCRATS VOTE WITH REPUBLICANS TO BLOCK VOTE ON SAUDI ARABIA'S WAR IN YEMEN
    Folks who want to talk about that Democrats are different...

Take a minute to actually do the math here.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Folks who want to talk about that Democrats are different...

Take a minute to actually do the math here.
    I did, 2% of the Dems voted with 90% of the Republicans. The math tells me the Parties are very different.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I did, 2% of the Dems voted with 90% of the Republicans. The math tells me the Parties are very different.
    Now cut it out with that realistic view of what happened. Meanwhile:
    A 7-year-old girl from Guatemala died of dehydration and shock after she was taken into Border Patrol custody last week for crossing from Mexico into the United States illegally with her father and a large group of migrants along a remote span of New Mexico desert, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Thursday.

The child’s death is likely to intensify scrutiny of detention conditions at Border Patrol stations and CBP facilities that are increasingly overwhelmed by large numbers of families seeking asylum in the United States.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/7-...cid=spartanntp

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So, yesterday with the latest Mueller releases, Cohen sentencing, and the second spy taking a plea deal ... the real estate portion, the Manafort/Jared/Junior collusion portion, and the Russian loan portions of the Steele Dossier were proven true.

That leaves the leverage portion, 2016 election influence portion, the pee pee tape, and the proxy wars portions unresolved.

So much for a fake dossier.
    Also, in the glut of all the Trump scandals there's one other one you didn't mention... the Trump Inaugural Committee is now under criminal investigation.

This is all happening now. Three weeks from now, House Democrats get subpoena power.

I'll say it again for the Republicans... you'd better get used to bad news.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.